Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-10-2020, 11:18 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: When Christ Reigns A Thousand Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Yes.

Matthew 8:11-12.

Unless you have a more reasonable view?
Matthew 8:11-12 KJV
And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. [12] But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I'm not seeing the connection????

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-10-2020, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Matthew 8:11-12 KJV
And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. [12] But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I'm not seeing the connection????
It is assuming that the gathering together from the east to the west is the gathering together of the elect-church as in Matt 24. If so it would show the OT saints would be part of it.

Actually my answer to you should have been "Im not sure".

What is your understanding?
Old 04-10-2020, 06:42 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
It is assuming that the gathering together from the east to the west is the gathering together of the elect-church as in Matt 24. If so it would show the OT saints would be part of it.

Actually my answer to you should have been "Im not sure".

What is your understanding?
I am trying to figure it out.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 KJV
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Revelation 20:4-6 KJV
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. [5] But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. [6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

These seem to indicate is the New Covenant saints who participate in the first resurrection. No mention of the patriarchs etc.

Revelation 20:11-15 KJV
And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. [12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. [13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. [14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. [15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

This indicates there are people in the general resurrection who are in the book of life. Yet these are clearly NOT in the first resurrection, as far as I can see. These are "the REST of the dead". So are these that are in the book of life at the general resurrection the old testament saints?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-10-2020, 07:14 PM
Registered Member

Old Testament saints and mortals who lived during the 1000 years?