Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-13-2023, 10:15 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Israel is an abomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
I really want to discuss this topic.
“All eyes are on Israel, Gods Chosen People” is the topic of MANY pulpits this week.

Ps. 122:6-9

“They shall prosper that love thee”
Actually they shall all prosper who love the Body of Christ, the True Israel of God. The Israel which is now, has zero to do with the Bible. Simply for the reason that not one person who claims to be Jewish or Israeli can be a relative of those in the OT, the original people who held covenant. The Gospel is the ONLY WAY to eternal life. Unless someone accepts Jesus Christ and is baptized in His name, filled with His Holy Ghost. If they reject Jesus Christ for Judaism, Secular Zionism, Christian Zionism, Islam, or any other religion. They will be as lost as a goose in a windstorm.
Old 10-13-2023, 10:37 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I completely agree. But since the Evangelical world IS ascribing to them all the attributes of "Jewishness," then why not do all I said in my original post?
Bro, what happened Saturday, cannot be equated to the Babylonian exile, or the destruction by the Romans. Our only job is to convince them of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As Brother Esaias said, its not our problem. They have been at each others throats since 1948. The history of religious and Secular Zionism in that region has failed miserably. Even all the Christian Zionist Fundamentalists can't help this situation now. It isn't the 1980s anymore. The Internet has pretty much helped educate many studious Christians to be able to see the ugly truth about this Middle Eastern conflict. Funny how no one ever believed Joe Biden before. Yet, he and CNN said that they saw pictures of babies beheaded? Then the White House had to correct that statement as untrue? Sadly, so many "Christians" wanted to believe it. My dear brother, when you have Christians slide down the rabbit hole, who will reach out to the sinner?
Old 10-13-2023, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Actually they shall all prosper who love the Body of Christ, the True Israel of God. The Israel which is now, has zero to do with the Bible. Simply for the reason that not one person who claims to be Jewish or Israeli can be a relative of those in the OT, the original people who held covenant. The Gospel is the ONLY WAY to eternal life. Unless someone accepts Jesus Christ and is baptized in His name, filled with His Holy Ghost. If they reject Jesus Christ for Judaism, Secular Zionism, Christian Zionism, Islam, or any other religion. They will be as lost as a goose in a windstorm.
I appreciate your words on this topic much more than you know.
Could you elaborate just a bit more on the bolded, to better spell it out for me.
They cannot trace their lineage back because…

Thank you EB

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 10-13-2023 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-13-2023, 02:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I appreciate your words on this topic much more than you know.
Could you elaborate just a bit more on the bolded, to better spell it out for me.
They cannot trace their lineage back because…

Thank you EB
They cannot trace their lineage because lineage keeping has gaps. That’s a given. So, trying to say that Benjamin Netanyahu can trace his lineage to Nehemiah is impossible. Lineage keeping up to the temple destruction means the scrolls which contained records of families were destroyed. But not only the temple, but also all around Judea. Another thing, is that Rabbis in the Talmud supposedly kept records. Yet, these records are only to the middle ages. Still, the lineages are lineages through hear say? Gaps are still found even in these genealogies. My mother once told me that we were related to Alexander the Great. My reply to her, is that was highly improbable. Yet, my gentile heritage, is unlike a Hebrew Judean heritage. Being that it was important to who a female married. Unlike how modern Jews view this subject. The Bible looks at it differently. Who your father was is extremely important. Not your mother. Therefore, lineage and genealogy suffers with people living today who claim to be the PEOPLE OF THE BIBLE. Now with all that said, Jesus, tells the Judean Nicodemus, that he needed a new birth. The woman at the well, and the Ethiopian Eunch could never gain access into the Kingdom due to their lineage. The circumcision of Moses couldn’t help them after Jesus comes on the scene. The Body of Christ, the True Israel, the new and living way, is the only access to the promise land for all of mankind. Jesus is our Father, only through His linage do we have access to the New Jerusalem, the Garden of Eden, pass the flaming sword that keeps out the carnal children of Adam.
Old 10-13-2023, 07:25 PM

Quote:
They cannot trace their lineage because lineage keeping has gaps. That’s a given. So, trying to say that Benjamin Netanyahu can trace his lineage to Nehemiah is impossible. Lineage keeping up to the temple destruction means the scrolls which contained records of families were destroyed. But not only the temple, but also all around Judea. Another thing, is that Rabbis in the Talmud supposedly kept records. Yet, these records are only to the middle ages. Still, the lineages are lineages through hear say? Gaps are still found even in these genealogies. My mother once told me that we were related to Alexander the Great. My reply to her, is that was highly improbable. Yet, my gentile heritage, is unlike a Hebrew Judean heritage. Being that it was important to who a female married. Unlike how modern Jews view this subject. The Bible looks at it differently. Who your father was is extremely important. Not your mother. Therefore, lineage and genealogy suffers with people living today who claim to be the PEOPLE OF THE BIBLE. Now with all that said, Jesus, tells the Judean Nicodemus, that he needed a new birth. The woman at the well, and the Ethiopian Eunch could never gain access into the Kingdom due to their lineage. The circumcision of Moses couldn’t help them after Jesus comes on the scene. The Body of Christ, the True Israel, the new and living way, is the only access to the promise land for all of mankind. Jesus is our Father, only through His linage do we have access to the New Jerusalem, the Garden of Eden, pass the flaming sword that keeps out the carnal children of Adam.

Thank you EB.

Who is the “Gods People” referring to in this Eph 2 context?

Eph. 2 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— 12..remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13..But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

19..Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29
Old 10-13-2023, 08:01 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Thank you EB.

Who is the “Gods People” referring to in this Eph 2 context?

Eph. 2 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— 12..remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13..But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

19..Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household
The Gentiles.

Judeans, Diaspora Judeans, Samaritans, with Gentiles, made up all Israel being saved. Romans 11:26
Old 10-13-2023, 10:01 PM

Quote:
The Gentiles.

Judeans, Diaspora Judeans, Samaritans, with Gentiles, made up all Israel being saved. Romans 11:26

Thoughts on Rom. 11:1, 3? (“His people”)

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...11&version=KJV

Old 10-13-2023, 11:00 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
It’s simple. God didn’t replace the Israelites (the people who the promise was made) with the Gentile nations. But that the Gentile nations would be grafted into the domestic olive tree. Those branches which were broken off due to rebellion and rejection of Jesus’ message. Would be broken off. If they repented and obeyed and received the Gospel they could be placed back into the tree.
Old 10-14-2023, 07:28 AM

EB, I ran across this video last night, researching dispensationilism, and finally got it all watched. You probably don’t have time to watch it. If you did though, I would like your thoughts.
The continual use of “Yeshua” as apposed to Jesus, was a little hard to get use to. But regarding the point of the video, I thought 3/4 of it was very good and great points that I learned from…up until the last 1/4th I’m a little unsure of.
(I don’t know anything about the guys teaching it)

https://www.119ministries.com/teachi...ensationalism/

Old 10-14-2023, 07:49 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
EB, I ran across this video last night, researching dispensationilism, and finally got it all watched. You probably don’t have time to watch it. If you did though, I would like your thoughts.
The continual use of “Yeshua” as apposed to Jesus, was a little hard to get use to. But regarding the point of the video, I thought 3/4 of it was very good and great points that I learned from…up until the last 1/4th I’m a little unsure of.
(I don’t know anything about the guys teaching it)

https://www.119ministries.com/teachi...ensationalism/
When you have seen one Anti-Dispensational video or read one of their books, you've read and watched them all. The arguments are all the same. Dispensationalism is the weakest of all eschatologies. Also, one has to keep in mind that sweet old Sister Pettyjean and Brother Foofoofnick really only know what is "told" them over the pulpit and in "authorized pastor approved" Bible studies. Especially, if the pastor is more versed in Cracker Barrelism than book, chapter, and verse. The saints haven't a clue to the eschatology debate. Hence the reason, when a saint is studying the Bible and eschatology and starts asking the pastor questions while the pastor is scarfing down the fried catfish and corn bread. The offending saint is placed on shut down, has a gag ordered placed on them. Oh, yeah, the pastor might bring the brother or sister into his office, and explain the way of the cheesy corn bake more perfectly, but it usually never ends well.

But, please since you watched this video could you post some of the information you thought we would want to discuss?