Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-02-2015, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

David K Bernard in Maryville TN today

David Bernard is preaching today at the First Apostolic Church in Maryville, TN.

http://firstapostolic.org/

I don't get to go this morning (I'm preaching at home), but I do get to go tonight.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Re: David K Bernard in Maryville TN today

Thanks for the info and the link! What time does the service stream?
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-02-2015, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Randy, isn't this a ALJC church? Is the pastor still the GS of the ALJC?
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-02-2015, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

It is ALJC, and he is the GS of that org. Good to see this kind of fellowship between the two orgs.

Here's the Livestream of this morning's service with DKB.

http://livestream.com/accounts/10917...ideos/94899609
Old 08-02-2015, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
It is ALJC, and he is the GS of that org. Good to see this kind of fellowship between the two orgs.

Here's the Livestream of this morning's service with DKB.

http://livestream.com/accounts/10917...ideos/94899609
Thanks n david. The next stream is at 6:00 eastern time.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

This is very new between to two orgs. Refreshing. Both Elders Bernard & Carpenter have reached outside their groups.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
This is very new between to two orgs. Refreshing. Both Elders Bernard & Carpenter have reached outside their groups.
The TN UPC Campmeeting also had the TN District Superintendent of the ALJC greet the congregation.

Titus2woman on AF
F

Old 08-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

If you watched tonight's stream... when David Bernard mentioned meeting a preacher before service- this was me. He was behind me as I walked in. I looked back and saw him and started a conversation. I asked him to keep us in prayer (we're trying to get a building for Church) and he said "let's pray now" and grabbed my hand and started praying. I talked with him again after service. He's very down to earth and I enjoyed talking to him. It was an amazing service. I'd go hear him preach again.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyabrown View Post
If you watched tonight's stream... when David Bernard mentioned meeting a preacher before service- this was me. He was behind me as I walked in. I looked back and saw him and started a conversation. I asked him to keep us in prayer (we're trying to get a building for Church) and he said "let's pray now" and grabbed my hand and started praying. I talked with him again after service. He's very down to earth and I enjoyed talking to him. It was an amazing service. I'd go hear him preach again.
I watched online. DKB sought me out once years ago about something and as you say he is very down to earth and a nice man. I disagree with a lot of his theology but I believe he is a good man from a good family.

Titus2woman on AF
F