Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Matthew 7:6

Article: And now for a world government

This article just blew my mind! The idea of One World Government is clearly beggining to come out of the shadows.

--------------
From the Financial Times online

And now for a world government

I have never believed that there is a secret United Nations plot to take over the US. I have never seen black helicopters hovering in the sky above Montana. But, for the first time in my life, I think the formation of some sort of world government is plausible.

A “world government” would involve much more than co-operation between nations. It would be an entity with state-like characteristics, backed by a body of laws. The European Union has already set up a continental government for 27 countries, which could be a model. The EU has a supreme court, a currency, thousands of pages of law, a large civil service and the ability to deploy military force.

So could the European model go global? There are three reasons for thinking that it might.

First, it is increasingly clear that the most difficult issues facing national governments are international in nature: there is global warming, a global financial crisis and a “global war on terror”.

Second, it could be done. The transport and communications revolutions have shrunk the world so that, as Geoffrey Blainey, an eminent Australian historian, has written: “For the first time in human history, world government of some sort is now possible.” Mr Blainey foresees an attempt to form a world government at some point in the next two centuries,
which is an unusually long time horizon for the average newspaper column.

But – the third point – a change in the political atmosphere suggests that “global governance” could come much sooner than that. The financial crisis and climate change are pushing national governments towards global solutions, even in countries such as China and the US that are traditionally fierce guardians of national sovereignty.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7a03e5b6-c...077b07658.html

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Renewed

Re: Article: And now for a world government

What if its already here ? By biblical standards I mean.

This may be nothing but my own ramblings but here goes anyway.....

When we study the bible and use scripture for reference, we take into consideration the time of the writers. We have to be aware as we read and study the time and culture of those whose words we are reading. Well.... in their time, there was no knowledge of the Americas, Europe was the world as they knew it. So with the function of the European Union, "their" world IS currently under one government.

Again, just something that crossed my mind......
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 12-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

good article TR, this is the daily diet at endtime.com
Old 12-09-2008, 10:58 AM
^ = A_Post-Modern

As my Dad would say when I was a kid and somebody would start talking apocalyptic, doomsday, Beastie talk; "Bring it on! That means I'm that much closer to going to heaven and all this is finished! Praise the Lord!". The older I get the smarter my Dad gets.
"Most human beings are not able to stand the message of the shaking of foundations. They reject and attack the prophetic minds, not because they really disagree with them, but because they sense the truth of their words and cannot receive it." Paul Tillich
Old 12-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

Smile Re: Article: And now for a world government

My mom used to say "The Bible says we should comfort one another with these words...."(meaning the signs of the times indicate our blessed hope is near) She was very happy to talk about prophetic events and the endtimes. But then the songs about heaven have largely been replaced by more modern instant spiritual gratification (feel good now) songs. No more "Looking for City" or "When We All Get to Heaven", "We Shall See the King" or "When the Roll is Called up Yonder". Have we forgotten that we are his bride and he is our bridegroom and "he has gone to prepare a place for us?" This life is just a drop in the bucket! Rejoice!
Old 12-09-2008, 01:51 PM
^ = A_Post-Modern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritamuffin57 View Post
My mom used to say "The Bible says we should comfort one another with these words...."(meaning the signs of the times indicate our blessed hope is near) She was very happy to talk about prophetic events and the endtimes. But then the songs about heaven have largely been replaced by more modern instant spiritual gratification (feel good now) songs. No more "Looking for City" or "When We All Get to Heaven", "We Shall See the King" or "When the Roll is Called up Yonder". Have we forgotten that we are his bride and he is our bridegroom and "he has gone to prepare a place for us?" This life is just a drop in the bucket! Rejoice!
True, heaven isn't 'the great blessed hope' for most anymore. Like you say, it's been replaced by a feel good gospel. Is the church affecting the culture or is the culture infecting the church?
"Most human beings are not able to stand the message of the shaking of foundations. They reject and attack the prophetic minds, not because they really disagree with them, but because they sense the truth of their words and cannot receive it." Paul Tillich
Old 12-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
This article just blew my mind! The idea of One World Government is clearly beggining to come out of the shadows.

--------------
From the Financial Times online

And now for a world government

I have never believed that there is a secret United Nations plot to take over the US. I have never seen black helicopters hovering in the sky above Montana. But, for the first time in my life, I think the formation of some sort of world government is plausible.

A “world government” would involve much more than co-operation between nations. It would be an entity with state-like characteristics, backed by a body of laws. The European Union has already set up a continental government for 27 countries, which could be a model. The EU has a supreme court, a currency, thousands of pages of law, a large civil service and the ability to deploy military force.

So could the European model go global? There are three reasons for thinking that it might.

First, it is increasingly clear that the most difficult issues facing national governments are international in nature: there is global warming, a global financial crisis and a “global war on terror”.

Second, it could be done. The transport and communications revolutions have shrunk the world so that, as Geoffrey Blainey, an eminent Australian historian, has written: “For the first time in human history, world government of some sort is now possible.” Mr Blainey foresees an attempt to form a world government at some point in the next two centuries,
which is an unusually long time horizon for the average newspaper column.

But – the third point – a change in the political atmosphere suggests that “global governance” could come much sooner than that. The financial crisis and climate change are pushing national governments towards global solutions, even in countries such as China and the US that are traditionally fierce guardians of national sovereignty.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7a03e5b6-c...077b07658.html
All I have to say is DUH! San's black helecopters, jackbooted commandos and aliens, I have been saying this for years.

American right now has been in the formation, under Bush, of the North American Union.

I heard about this years ago, before the Web was vaguely popular. The globalist, the Bilderbergs and other elitests had already plotted out this plan that the word would be divided into 10 Economic Zones. Europe was the First. And that they would seek to enslave the entire world economically so that the entire world, except the elites, would be equally, equally poor.

Of course in order to fulfill their agenda these Economic Zones would be essentially states under one government.

This is not new, this was making the conspiracy/prophecy rounds many years ago.

This is why I shy away from the smaller picture/arguments by folks to say "Bush made 9/11 happen" etc etc..Bush is a lower rung fruit. He is just a pawn as are many politicians and presidents...in fact I gurantee you if a President is not playing along he will be assasinated.

Yes I believe there are "illuminati" and International Bankers and I believe they are partly behind all this. Anyone read about what Kennedy did or tried to do before being assasinated? He essentially was trying to bring down the FDR and put the issuance of money back into the hands of the federal government backed by silver. Anyone remember all the gold in fort Knox and how our paper was worth something because it was backed by Gold?

Anyways, there was a much larger picture to 9/11. Yes they were really Arabs. Yes it went down as it said in the papers. What I think happened though that the papers did not reveal was elements of government knew this was going down and did not try to stop it.

The Purpose? To break the will of the American public. Everything that goes down domestically and otherwise is for that purpose. When we rejected the League of Nations we needed another crisis to change the mindset of American citizens. They use Crises. They build Chaos. They use the Media. It's all for the agenda of moving us towards a One World Government and to accept the leadership of a messiah like figure.

Without WW2 we would not have a United Nations. American Will broke after that war and yielded to a World Government like entity. As I said they tried it before with the League of Nations and we rejected it. Thus WW2.

They don't necessarily have to start these wars or any crisis situation. They need only foster it, do things to stroke or enflame it. As I said "we" did not do 9/11, but I have no doubt elements in Government, foot soldiers for those who have the money, knew about it and maybe facilitated it or prevented attempts to stop it.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Go Dodgers!

Kennedy Assasination
http://www.illuminati-news.com/kennedy-assassin.htm

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.