Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

How Many Are Excited About the Rapture?

You know, its getting closer every day! Are you excited? Got your bags packed? Got your house in order? What a day that will be!!!!

1Th 4:14-17

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Registered Member

Re: How Many Are Excited About the Rapture?

Not a day goes by that it's not on my mind. I love life, but who can deny, "There's something in the air!"
Old 12-13-2008, 06:28 AM
Jerry Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [/I][/B]
Are we not with the Lord now?

The heresy hunters are still with us. Only now, instead of stakes, they use their books and radio programs to destroy those they consider heretics.... I'm concerned that heresy hunting may be turning into leukemia because some cultwatchers seem more intent on destroying parts of the body than healing the body....

Come see us on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Revelationist1948
http://www.sermon.net/sermons-Biblic...rch-14145.html
Old 12-13-2008, 06:30 AM
Registered Member

not me
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:41 AM
Jerry Moon

Heb 13:5
5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
KJV

The scripture is clear that He would never leave us... we are forever with Him now if we live for Him.

The heresy hunters are still with us. Only now, instead of stakes, they use their books and radio programs to destroy those they consider heretics.... I'm concerned that heresy hunting may be turning into leukemia because some cultwatchers seem more intent on destroying parts of the body than healing the body....

Come see us on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Revelationist1948
http://www.sermon.net/sermons-Biblic...rch-14145.html
Old 12-13-2008, 06:43 AM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
not me

Why not?
Old 12-13-2008, 06:44 AM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelationist View Post
Heb 13:5
5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
KJV

The scripture is clear that He would never leave us... we are forever with Him now if we live for Him.

DB, what do you have to say to people who don't believe in the rapture?
Old 12-13-2008, 06:47 AM
Pot Stirrer

I'm excited about the ratpure. I think more and more of God's people who dreaded the rapture will start longing for it now that they see the world going to pot.
I was in a city yesterday known for being extrodonarily evil and kept thinking " I don't belong in this world.... it's time to get out of here"
Old 12-13-2008, 07:04 AM
Mama to four little angels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
You know, its getting closer every day! Are you excited? Got your bags packed? Got your house in order? What a day that will be!!!!
I'm not. There's no way to know if it'll happen in my lifetime. I'd rather just live my life and enjoy today rather than focusing so much energy on something not guaranteed I'll even see (that's if it's even something still in the future..lol)

God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. ~Romans 3:24 from The Message
Old 12-13-2008, 07:17 AM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Many dreams, hopes, plans and futures have been aborted out of false expectations of an immediate "at any moment" rapture. Lives have been wasted on a useless expectation that never happened. We have Mr. Darby fthat thank for the "rapture" doctrine and those who picked up on it and has been spreading that error, ever since.

I long for Jesus to come back. I expect to see Him one day. It is my vision and hope to see Him at His return. If I am deceased before His return, I will come back with Him. If I am still alive when He returns, I will meet Him in the air, joining all who have gone before me to continue with Jesus and them in their descent to the earth.