Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Brother Strange,
I appreciate that you all have studied these various views. It's very interesting reading!!!

Sometimes P.O., I think it is may be better to not even study them at all. I once got hooked on an awful doctrine an old friend of my Dad's who turned reprobate by the name of Ted Fitch. The complete consumation of the transgressor at death or the Annilation of the Wicked doctrine almost ensnared my young impressionable mind. It took me a good while before I finally came out of it by the mercies of the Lord. A loving Pastor who was like my own Father, a set of parents, and praying church friends could not shake me from it. Only when I realized that I was in trouble with God did I shake it. I was so happy that his presence had returned that I was almost beside myself for a long time Yet, I was unaware that he had mostly departed...though never completely.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Strange View Post
They were very cunning in the way that they taught it. If one is not careful, it will draw you into it with their trend of logic.

Bishop Rowe was a master preacher in his day. He was my old pastor's (G. A. Mangun) boyhood pastor. He told me that Bishop Rowe had no equal in eloquence. When it was announced that he would be speaking at the General Conference or at a Campmeeting, there would be record breaking crowds.

But, I'm with you, it is truly amazing how easily it is for some to be suckered into some of these crazy doctrines. I suppose for every dumb doctrine, there are an even dumber crowd that will buy into it.
R.C. Cavaness told me G. B. Rowe was one of the greatest teachers in his day. It is sad he went off into delusion. His church ran 1000 plus members. I pastor 2 of his great grandsons. He was a peer of Haywood, Tobin, a Bishop in the PAW then later a member in the UPC until his teaching on the "Adam Doctrine."
Old 04-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
R.C. Cavaness told me G. B. Rowe was one of the greatest teachers in his day. It is sad he went off into delusion. His church ran 1000 plus members. I pastor 2 of his great grandsons. He was a peer of Haywood, Tobin, a Bishop in the PAW then later a member in the UPC until his teaching on the "Adam Doctrine."
That is also what G.A. Mangun to me too. If I remember correctly, he told me that it was his Adam Doctrine that got him catapuled out of the UPC.

It has always interested me that when churches and preachers leave the UPC that they almost invariably turn "way-out" liberal.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
What about the declaration at the river of Jordan and also the Mt. of Transfiguration?

However the resurrection was infallible proof He was who He said he was for all to see. BUT He did NOT become the Son of God at the resurrection he was the Son of God in Mary's womb if the angel can be believed Luke 1:15.
Bro Elpey, Luke 1:15 is speaking of John the baptist.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
Bro. Epley....

I knew what you were getting at.

I don't believe in Bishop S.C. Johnson's doctrine either. I loved the guy greatly, but he was off the wall in this teaching concerning the SOG.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
Sorry my fingers were faster than my brain it is Luke 1:35.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:22 PM
Sister Alvear

Did Bishop Rowe's sons believe that doctrine also?
Old 04-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Did Bishop Rowe's sons believe that doctrine also?
Yes that church is now pastored by his grandsons and they still believe it. In reality they believe in two in the Godhead. Peter and Paul are Worthy's sons and they co-pastor like him and David did.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Just for personal use I'll love to get ahold of that booklet Bishop Rowe wrote on the subject.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
Just for personal use I'll love to get ahold of that booklet Bishop Rowe wrote on the subject.
Christ Temple, South Bend sends it out I think?