Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-26-2019, 10:08 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Holiness: "It's ALL ABOUT What's In Your Closet"

A closet is usually a room for storage, and also used to refer to a state of secrecy or concealment. Someone coming out of the closet concerning hidden behavior. Yet, holiness is all about what we do in our head, which almost always comes out somewhere. Who we are in the dark is really who we are. What we do in private is really who we truly are. Whether good or bad, it is who we are when we are in private. Secret sins which are hidden away where no one can find them. Which truly ends up proving that we don't really believe in Jesus. Because He is always with us, He is always watching, and listening to our thoughts. Again, are real Christianity is tested when no one can see us.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

Re: Holiness: "It's ALL ABOUT What's In Your Clos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
A closet is usually a room for storage, and also used to refer to a state of secrecy or concealment. Someone coming out of the closet concerning hidden behavior. Yet, holiness is all about what we do in our head, which almost always comes out somewhere. Who we are in the dark is really who we are. What we do in private is really who we truly are. Whether good or bad, it is who we are when we are in private. Secret sins which are hidden away where no one can find them. Which truly ends up proving that we don't really believe in Jesus. Because He is always with us, He is always watching, and listening to our thoughts. Again, are real Christianity is tested when no one can see us.
Excellent
Old 09-26-2019, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

Smile Re: Holiness: "It's ALL ABOUT What's In Your Clos

Quote:
Preach on Brother! Lord help us all!
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:46 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Elder, you are such a talented writer, you need to write a book, or blog or something.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post

Elder, you are such a talented writer, you need to write a book, or blog or something.
I've been telling him that for a few years now! Write, brother! And he has a wife who specializes in editing books!!!

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 09-30-2019, 02:39 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

I appreciate the both of you for saying so, but I guess I need the more talented than I to write the books for now. Ulcerative colitis and a hernia to boot, seems to be taking up a lionshare of my time. My burning the candle at four ends and trying to cram everything into one day caught up with a vengeance. Also won't be taking the medical direction on any of this (the options are crazy) Jesus is the only way. So, keep writing those books, and I'll keep focusing on me going forward in Jesus name.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:16 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
I appreciate the both of you for saying so, but I guess I need the more talented than I to write the books for now. Ulcerative colitis and a hernia to boot, seems to be taking up a lionshare of my time. My burning the candle at four ends and trying to cram everything into one day caught up with a vengeance. Also won't be taking the medical direction on any of this (the options are crazy) Jesus is the only way. So, keep writing those books, and I'll keep focusing on me going forward in Jesus name.
We are praying for you Brother.

Our humble forum is happy to be the recipient of your talents.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sorry for your medical issues. I want to throw out something to consider regarding secret sin, closet, etc. I agree with your post and that who we are is what we are when no one else is watching. Consider however that we are probably many times likely to be tempted when we are alone and I don't think it is necessarily because no one is watching. When we are around others our minds are occupied. I think the tempter knows this but also knows that we are more idle minded when alone. Having said that I'm not sure if u can make the statement if they really believe in Jesus or not based on a slip up every now and then.

I'm certainly not suggesting that you can play games and deliberately commit an act. Some people might be better off accountable to others more hours out of the day.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:28 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

The part about not really believing in Jesus is about utilizing secrecy.
Being idle when we are alone? Does that mean that when we are alone we usually have nothing to do? Please explain?
Old 10-02-2019, 11:45 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Excellent
It pretty much has to do with fear of the Lord. Wouldn't you agree?