Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-19-2020, 01:10 AM
Registered Member

Re: Sid Roth, Branham, Cain, and Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
And Reed foretold her being used again, not knowing she had been used to that degree.
This does not sound much different than the mentalist stuff on the Sid Roth show,
Old 11-19-2020, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
This does not sound much different than the mentalist stuff on the Sid Roth show,
Yeah, and it sounds like what Jesus did with Nathanael and then said the things He did would we do because He goes to the Father
It gives glory to God.

Recall that the issue of how the world does things the people God do is all made the difference in whether or not it leads people to God. It did not say the people of the world could not do these things. It said the world will not lead to God with it.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 11-19-2020, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

William branham was a prophet who was led astray....

If Reed is following the same path then he will get to the same place.

Just saying.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
William branham was a prophet who was led astray....

If Reed is following the same path then he will get to the same place.

Just saying.
If Branham was led astray, why would Reed be led astray if he manifests the same God-given gifts. Was not Branham genuinely used of God before being led astray? It's like saying Jesus operated by a Spirit guide because He called out Nathanael's name, and everyone who operates the gifts will be led away later. We can't say Reed is following the same path as Branham just because he is used similarly by God.

I actually know people who believe that if you are used deeply in the gifts then you will backslide eventually. Do you believe that?

Branham was led astray by exalting himself as the seventh angel fo Revelation. Not because he used gifts of the Spirit.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 11-19-2020, 05:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
If Branham was led astray, why would Reed be led astray if he manifests the same God-given gifts. Was not Branham genuinely used of God before being led astray? It's like saying Jesus operated by a Spirit guide because He called out Nathanael's name, and everyone who operates the gifts will be led away later. We can't say Reed is following the same path as Branham just because he is used similarly by God.

I actually know people who believe that if you are used deeply in the gifts then you will backslide eventually. Do you believe that?

Branham was led astray by exalting himself as the seventh angel fo Revelation. Not because he used gifts of the Spirit.
Well Mike, Branham was led astray. If Reed is on the same path then he also will come to the same results. It's like saying if someone heads south on I-7 then they will get to such and such city.

1-This is not a slam against either, it is just a judgment call. Like saying if something is round and orange then it is probably an orange.

2- I absolutely do not believe that if a person is used in the gifts then they will backslide.

3- Branham was led astray by a deceptive spirit that convinced him of a lie. He was listening to that spirit long before he "fell".
Old 11-20-2020, 09:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yeah, and it sounds like what Jesus did with Nathanael and then said the things
That comparison sounds blasphemous.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:23 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Yeah, and it sounds like what Jesus did with Nathanael and then said the things
Brother Blume, there are a circumstances which many things which were done by Jesus were done by others in different religions. Because Jesus did it, and someone else did it, doesn't give anyone else credibility. Look at it this way. I posted a video about Neem Karoli Baba. In that video Bhagwan Dass (Kermit Michael Riggs) gives credibility to Neem Karoli Baba by associating him with Jesus and the woman at the well John 4:11-19. Brother Blume, Chris Reed is your friend. Great, I hope you have a good and fruitful fellowship. Do I believe in the prophetic? Of course I do. Do I advocate everyone I have ever heard say thus saith the Lord? No. Because like Neem Karoli Baba, and many others they aren't hitting on all cylinders. When Neem Karoli Baba read Richard Alpert's mail, Richard Alpert became Baba Ram Dass. Meaning, we can impact people to follow us instead of following Christ.
Mr Branham has an entire religion named after him. The Church he started is called Branham's tabernacle. Not saying your friend will follow suit, because he has you as his friend. You will be able to help your friend to see and avoid those pitfalls. Other people here are voicing their opinions because we can see certain things which may happen. Again, not setting anything in stone, but the possibilities are there. Chris on Sid Roth I pointed out how he makes his final comment. He left himself (what I believe) as a bit of wiggle room. But, I hope (for his sake) that what he spoke comes true.
Old 11-22-2020, 04:57 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Old 11-29-2020, 03:34 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Cody Marks preaching "Cut it out"

https://youtu.be/hVC72ZM0Sdc

If any message is prophetic, this is
Old 11-29-2020, 01:38 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Cody Marks preaching "Cut it out"

https://youtu.be/hVC72ZM0Sdc

If any message is prophetic, this is

How is this prophetic? Its your standard "slippery slope" message. Not trying to be disrespectful...maybe Im not spiritual enough but thats what Im getting.

You know, if we focused more on the Word instead of what we "felt" in our services, becoming "desensitized" wouldn't be nearly the issue we are making it out to be.

You will never be able to push peoples buttons better than the folks getting paid to do it so maybe stop trying to beat them at their own game and focus on what they CANT replicate and then maybe you wont have to play the "its desensitizing" card on your 7 year old when he makes the argument about being able to read the kids story but he cant watch it.