Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School
Facebook

Notices

Sunday School A ministry resource forum. Find special help topics-- sermon ideas/notes, reference material, resources, etc.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered Member

Lightbulb Sunday School Lesson Ideas

I saw the title 'sunday school' and thought I would find lesson ideas

I co-teach the five and under class at our church and am always trying to think of new things to teach them (This age group understands WAY more than most expect them to...)

The best lesson I had was on the walls of Jericho and first I told them the story and then I had them act it out with me using the table as the 'walls'. Every time we would finish one march around the table (silently, of course) we would all get down for the 'night' and mimic the people of jericho getting more and more scared, on the last time I had them all shout at the top of their lungs and we banged on the table to make the sound of hte walls falling down.

Another lesson that went over really well was I was teaching them about baptizim and I brought my baby doll and kinda did a puppet show having her repent and ask her parents if she could get baptized and then I had them help me baptize her in Jesus name and we all shouted "in the name of Jesus Christ' and dunked her... it was cute.

I'll post more later....
Old 02-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmbee View Post
I saw the title 'sunday school' and thought I would find lesson ideas

I co-teach the five and under class at our church and am always trying to think of new things to teach them (This age group understands WAY more than most expect them to...)

The best lesson I had was on the walls of Jericho and first I told them the story and then I had them act it out with me using the table as the 'walls'. Every time we would finish one march around the table (silently, of course) we would all get down for the 'night' and mimic the people of jericho getting more and more scared, on the last time I had them all shout at the top of their lungs and we banged on the table to make the sound of hte walls falling down.

Another lesson that went over really well was I was teaching them about baptizim and I brought my baby doll and kinda did a puppet show having her repent and ask her parents if she could get baptized and then I had them help me baptize her in Jesus name and we all shouted "in the name of Jesus Christ' and dunked her... it was cute.

I'll post more later....
I teach third, fourth and fifth graders.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

The girl who teaches that age group recently did a lesson about worship. She told the story of Jesus riding the donkey into town and how when everyone started worshipping him and the pharasees told him to make them stop how he said "if these don't worship me the rocks will cry out" She then had them decorate rocks to look like people and had a mini worship service and told them to worship with all their might cause they didn't want the rocks to cry out.... I hope I explained that one well, it was a really good lesson that I think I could even use for my kids.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:42 AM
monkeysmom

Re: Sunday School Lesson Ideas

Wonderfull ideas.. I teach our Youth group...
Old 07-07-2008, 07:21 AM
blueaugust

More... more... (lol)
Old 07-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Mr. Stewart

There is an awesome website egadideas.com that has a lot of youth ideas for lessons, illustrations, fundraising ideas, and other things. I'm not dure if you all know about it already, but it may be worth your time.

God Bless

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 08-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Registered Member

Great ideas! There are more great sunday school lesson ideas at the link below.
Thank You

sunday school lessons
Old 11-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Banned

my favorite part of church is sunday school class. the church gives the teachers what they want them to teach about, but it is always interesting..the only idea I have is know as much as you can about what you are talking about and take questions, comments. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Jesusinbob/links
Old 11-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

Great to have such ideas and sharing them. Keep it up.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:35 AM
Registered Member

wow! thanks for sharing them! i'll take note of this and maybe i can also share this.