Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:44 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Re: Why not join the AMF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sept5SavedTeen View Post
They don't have a website, so it's tough to tell? Do they have any in ME other than the Willhoites? I didn't think they had any in Canada (except the McKillops who are former AMF)... It seemed like a group that went no where north past Ohio or Pennsylvannia.

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
you don't know much about them do you? Then don't do internet silly.... they can't have a website! jk

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 03-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
I usta hear the same thing preached at a UPC I attened for many years in Illinois. Pants had to have belt loops AND cuffs.

Hair was not to be washed regularly so it would get a little greasy and you could comb it proper.

This was not a backwoods podunk church but had 500 in Sunday school back in the day. The preacher always wore a little black bow tie.

Sounds as bad as the AMF church in TX that taught you could not wear red, open toed shoes, and kicked a lady out of the church because she took a motorcycle ride with a family friend because she should not have been on the back of that ungodly thing. She even wore a skirt while riding so as not to go against church rules.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:47 PM
the ultracon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfam6 View Post
Sounds as bad as the AMF church in TX that taught you could not wear red, open toed shoes, and kicked a lady out of the church because she took a motorcycle ride with a family friend because she should not have been on the back of that ungodly thing. She even wore a skirt while riding so as not to go against church rules.
I do think God is embarrased by ignorance like this.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChocolate View Post
you don't know much about them do you? Then don't do internet silly.... they can't have a website! jk
I know they're against internet, although Bro. Spell's church has a website... I was just stating the fact that it's tough to find info on them since they don't have a website. The only info one can really get info on them is by word of mouth if you live far from their churches. Also, the AMF church in Edna, TX has a website.

The women wearing red thing is funny. I was in a UC church and a woman was wearing red and I was thinking, "Is she going to get yelled at?" But they were cool about it...

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
Old 03-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Crazy father of 4

Quote:
They don't have a website, so it's tough to tell? Do they have any in ME other than the Willhoites? I didn't think they had any in Canada (except the McKillops who are former AMF)... It seemed like a group that went no where north past Ohio or Pennsylvannia.

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
Not sure about no websites. SOME of the church have sites. They don't talk about it to the ones who DON'T but some do. If you really want questions answered you may want to search on names like Groce, Meade, Cavanas, Phillips, all associated with apostolic and pentecostal and see what you get.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I know they're against internet, although Bro. Spell's church has a website... I was just stating the fact that it's tough to find info on them since they don't have a website. The only info one can really get info on them is by word of mouth if you live far from their churches. Also, the AMF church in Edna, TX has a website.

The women wearing red thing is funny. I was in a UC church and a woman was wearing red and I was thinking, "Is she going to get yelled at?" But they were cool about it...

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
Oh, I was just messing with ya! It would be nice for them to have a website because I have been to many places looking for a oneness church and could not find one.... A directory would be great to have!!!!!! And pictures... I like to look at pictures on a site.... Then if they don't have red, I won't wear it when I visit!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 03-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Crazy father of 4

Quote:
They do not have them in Minnesota.... SO THERE
It has been years but I am not so sure about that.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfam6 View Post
Not sure about no websites. SOME of the church have sites. They don't talk about it to the ones who DON'T but some do. If you really want questions answered you may want to search on names like Groce, Meade, Cavanas, Phillips, all associated with apostolic and pentecostal and see what you get.
I don't know much about the other men, but I will say that Elder Groce is a great man.... He is a true gentleman and a real Christian!

I have been to Bro. Cavanas' church and heard Bro. J. Alvear preach and, WOW, what a message it was... I love hearing great men of God!

Old 03-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Crazy father of 4

Quote:
Oh, I was just messing with ya! It would be nice for them to have a website because I have been to many places looking for a oneness church and could not find one.... A directory would be great to have!!!!!! And pictures... I like to look at pictures on a site.... Then if they don't have red, I won't wear it when I visit!

I know that one in Edna you mentioned.
His wife can flat out SING. That woman is so blessed with a set of vocal cords and lungs. I had such a crush on her when I was a kid. She of course is much older than me and married.
I emailed them to say hi and ask after their health and was asked if my pastor knew I had contacted him. I was actually offended. have friends back in Ohio that had a daughter to marry a guy in their church.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

Are the Meade's, in Akron, AMF or indy? They used to have a website, but it's now down, and I think their phone number changed. I've been trying to reach them about their Apostolic Youth Convention.

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex