Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-20-2012, 03:07 PM
John 14:22

LOL..browsing through the forum...

Cracks me up ! "Bapticostals"...really ??? LOL....I'm surprised I have not seen Apostolic Messianic Jews that keeps the Sabbath...what else or who else is here !! Lots of "zealous" saints, some contemporary, some...I could relate with. That would be "Sinners saved from sin"...Yes, I don't fast twice a week, and I try to be faithful in paying my tithes...
Old 02-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Re: LOL..browsing through the forum...

There are trinitarians that think they're apostolic...

calvinists...

sabbath keepers...

legalists...

wide variety
Old 02-20-2012, 04:07 PM
I Am That I Am.

There's a lot here my brother. A word of advice, keep your mind open. Someone may speak to you who isn't even an apostolic pentecostal "per se" and could open your mind to a word of scripture in a way you've never thought of it before. I came here rock hard in everything I knew...for about two days.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:35 PM

have lgbt christians

alcoholics

there's agnostics

schizophrenics

not everyone here is apostolic or even christian in the generic sense.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
not everyone here is christian in the generic sense.
That would be some true heathens here considering the broad sense of a "generic christian".
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-20-2012, 04:56 PM

When I started out here I thought this place would be full of cookie cutter people... like my church. High haired jean skirt and tennis shoe wearing ladies and men with long sleeves, short hair and clean shaven faces. Most unable to articulate their beliefs or explain the scripture they can quote paragraphs of.

Boy howdy was I surprised. While we don't always agree I find that mostly everyone is able to make their points in ways that make me go hummmm... and I don't go hummm in real life to often.

Oh and I'm a cathli-bapti-costal... one God Apostolic holy ghost filled tongue talking sabbbatarian who believes that women can be bishops if we can just figure out what a bishop is.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Bro. Vince, it is indeed an eclectic bunch at AFF. Within the realm of Pentecost / Apostolic there certainly are a lot of different schools of thought on just about everything!
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-20-2012, 05:40 PM

oh, she retains her catholic identity
Old 02-20-2012, 06:00 PM
John 14:22

Oh, I forgot one more on the list of many...Those that are born without sin, and have been holy all their life ...I was a pretend hare khrisna, then to "accepting Jesus as your personal Saviour", to a hatemonger, then, desired to be a homosexual. YES, it has entered my mind, that I am suppose gay !!!, Make no mistake, I am 100% Manly man. I am sure of that. Then, one day, at work, I was hearing thousands of voices in my head..and I cried to GOD to help me. The scripture that comes to mind was "This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and delivered him from all his troubles ! "" Glory be to GOD ! HE is worthy !!!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:09 PM
I Am That I Am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Vince View Post
Oh, I forgot one more on the list of many...Those that are born without sin, and have been holy all their life ...I was a pretend hare khrisna, then to "accepting Jesus as your personal Saviour", to a hatemonger, then, desired to be a homosexual. YES, it has entered my mind, that I am suppose gay !!!, Make no mistake, I am 100% Manly man. I am sure of that. Then, one day, at work, I was hearing thousands of voices in my head..and I cried to GOD to help me. The scripture that comes to mind was "This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and delivered him from all his troubles ! "" Glory be to GOD ! HE is worthy !!!
He is indeed. He is amazing. I can relate to your battles, the devil will try to tell you anything to get you to sin. He is the father of all lies, and if it were his way you would be all those at the same time. But praise God for deliverance, we aren't who we once were.