Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 04-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Registered Member

Re: How many Southerners are on the Forum?

Born and raised in a border state, but would NEVER claim the South. Not a southerner at all and don't want to be and they don't want me so the love is mutual.

Southern identity? Thanks but no thanks!

But, I sure do love me some G.R.I.T.S!

They know how to take care of a man-- as long as you treat them right, and as long as their Mamma's aren't crazy, you'll have yourself a good woman if you can land one of them G.R.I.T.S!
Old 04-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Registered Member

I'm from below the Mason Dixon. Was born in the same town as Stonewall Jackson (Clarksburg, WV). Some people would consider that a somewhat southerner, but after living in SC for a lot of the 90's where they consider you a Yankee if you're from above the SC/NC line I would have to consider myself a want-to-be southerner.
2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Gaffney Bible Fellowship
Old 04-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Born and raised in a border state, but would NEVER claim the South. Not a southerner at all and don't want to be and they don't want me so the love is mutual.

They know how to take care of a man-- as long as you treat them right, and as long as their Mamma's aren't crazy, you'll have yourself a good woman if you can land one of them G.R.I.T.S!
Why are you living in Fla?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 04-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
I initially moved back here in 2009 to be a member of Pastor Williams' church in Apopka-- to get my bearings back after completing 2 combat tours, losing my 6-figure job in DC, and feeling like my life was headed in a downward spiral in every way possible.

I grew up in MD, but the Apopka church has a special place in my heart and always will.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
My heart and allegiance lies to the south, some of my maternal grandmas' family comes from Kentucky, my family lived for nearly ten years or so in the D/FW metroplex, both of my younger brothers were born in Texas, and the both married girls from MO, and I love ice cold southern style sweet tea. Will that at least get this poor Yankee an honorary Southern membership?

Since there were actually Confederate Generals who from the"far north", I guess we'll let you in.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:28 PM
of 9!! :)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Quote:
I initially moved back here in 2009 to be a member of Pastor Williams' church in Apopka-- to get my bearings back after completing 2 combat tours, losing my 6-figure job in DC, and feeling like my life was headed in a downward spiral in every way possible.

I grew up in MD, but the Apopka church has a special place in my heart and always will.
Isn't Florida a southern state?
Old 04-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
Isn't Florida a southern state?
When my husband went to Ft. Lauderdale Fl. on a construction job, and we went as a family, I thought it was a Southern state myself, but after encountering the things we did, I really couldn't classify it as southern, but I hated every minute we were there. We actually had to open a checking account in order to cash a payroll check, nobody would talk to us, we could not find a place to stay other than a motel room because we were not willing to sign a lease, can't describe it, but I've never been any where like it and hope I never have to go again. Of course this was south Florida where there is every nationality under the sun, and the snow birds were flooding the state hoping to find some warmth. And of course we were told that because of this, all the rents doubled at this time of year.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:58 PM
Registered Member

I'm from Kansas City, MO.

The Missouri River separates our population in two, southerners and midwesterners. If you live in either 2 metro cities KC or STL, the river runs right on through so you gonna have to make some choices about your alliances.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Hi, i'm from the south, are there lots of members from the deep south on this forum?

We still say Yes Mam and No Sir to our elders although we are now elders ourselves, and lets not forget please and thank you. Anyone else adhere to these old time tradition?

We drink Iced Tea and hot coffee, and love a good old pone of cornbread.
I'm from the south. I was born in Liberty Texas and we now live in Arkansas. I still say Yes ma'am & Yes sir as do my children. Please and thank you are a way of life. I'm still trying to figure out how to deep fried sweet tea and when i was a kid they called me "cornbread" for a reason.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

Texas!
FYI Not living there now but all my family is still there.