Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:54 PM
Registered Member

Unhappy troubling choices!

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and have treated with some very powerful drugs, which are no longer working for me, so the Dr offered me two choices. But, the side effects are highly disturbing! How does one choose which gun that they would rather be shot with?!

At this time all have is overwhelming fear and dread, to the point of not being able to decide; I am all jammed up inside, period.

Will you pray that the Lord will give me peace and a clear head about this? All of them are chemo drugs, very powerful.

I can't just not treat this disease!!!
Old 04-07-2017, 10:15 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: troubling choices!

I pray God will give you peace and wisdom, in Jesus name.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:03 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...remission.aspx

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QsCorner View Post
I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and have treated with some very powerful drugs, which are no longer working for me, so the Dr offered me two choices. But, the side effects are highly disturbing! How does one choose which gun that they would rather be shot with?!

At this time all have is overwhelming fear and dread, to the point of not being able to decide; I am all jammed up inside, period.

Will you pray that the Lord will give me peace and a clear head about this? All of them are chemo drugs, very powerful.

Praying for wisdom and healing. The last few years I have deveolped arthritis in both shoulders but have the most problems with my fingers. It started with my two little fingers but slowly and surely is moving to all of them. It is not Rheumatoid which I am thankful for but still very painful at times and i can no longer but a lot of weight on some of my fingers at any time (no longer carrying in heavy grocery bags handing on my pinkies!).

So far my medication is just ibrufrofen and I pray it does not get to the point where I have to take any of the medications that have those terrible side effects.

My favorite band is The Eagles and founding member Glenn Frey died not long ago from side effects from arthritis medication.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 04-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

Praying for you!
Old 04-09-2017, 07:11 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
My favorite band is The Eagles...
Well, that explains quite a bit.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-10-2017, 12:01 AM
Registered Member

Post Re: troubling choices!

What does, I do not understand your meaning, "well that explains a lot"!?!?!?!?!

God, has come through, He has bathed me in His Sweet all abiding peace! It washed over me and through me and is STILL with me now!!!

Praising The Almighty Name of Jesus!!!

Thank you for your prayers, May He bless you in return!
Old 04-10-2017, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
What does, I do not understand your meaning, "well that explains a lot"!?!?!?!?!

God, has come through, He has bathed me in His Sweet all abiding peace! It washed over me and through me and is STILL with me now!!!

Praising The Almighty Name of Jesus!!!

Thank you for your prayers, May He bless you in return!
He was making a joke to me, not you. Note it was in response to me saying that The Eagles was my favorite band. I know he takes your situation seriously.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 04-10-2017, 10:47 AM
of 9!! :)

Quote:

Hello. I so sympathize with you.

I also was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Disease (Arthritis) about 4 years ago. A very horrible disease. Symptoms I'm sure you're well aquainted with....horrible joint pain from neck to toes, nodules on finger tips, fingers curling, some of mine would curl at night and I thought I would have to break them to get them to open back up, I wore little metal braces on certain fingers at night to keep them from curling, toes curving.....etc.

My rheumatoid doctor tried several different combinations of medicines before we finally found something that has truly worked in managing my pain and swelling. 800 miligrams of prescription strength Ibuprofen would not touch the pain nor would Tramadol.

The new med he tried me on a few months ago is called Xeljanz. I mean it does not completely take it away, but trust me, it has made this horrible disease much more manageable.

Right now I am on Methotrexate (6 tabs once a week) Prednisone (very low dose 1 tab per day) Folic Acid (1 tab per day) Vitamin D (one per week) and the new med Xeljanz, I take 2 per day (morning/evening).

I know alot of folks take shots of various other RD meds, but thankfully, this new pill works for me. It might be something to check on.

Praying things get better for you.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:23 PM
Registered Member

Thank you MamMaw, for reaching out to me and for relating to me, that is SO...HUGE at this time!

Since I have both stomach, kidney and liver troubles, I am unable to talk any Nsaids; bummer! But, I am on methotrexate 80mgs (self injecting), tummy couldn't handle the pill form' injections go right to the source (providing I get it the muscle and NOT a vein, sometimes I miss.

My Rheumatologist, went to different schools then other Dr's around here, that are also Rheumatologists like him. Plus, he himself nearly died from an auto-immune disease himself! So because of that he uses more advanced and aggressive treatments the others ignore. He is my third Rheumy Doc. But, the treatments are down right scary and so are the side effects! I have been going to him 3 years now.

The pain meds that I am on is Norco, nothing over the counter touches me!
I have been thinking of asking him for a really low dose of Prednisone, but he is already giving me prednisone shots in my hips and wrists; mighty be too much.

I am sorry, that you are also suffering! I wouldn't wish this on anyone! Except the devil, he can have it ALL!