Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Music Room
Facebook

Notices

The Music Room Share your favorite music, or request song lyrics here.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:21 AM
symondsmom

Re: Need lyrics and chords to I Choose To Be A Chr

I don't know the cords but I know the words.. I think the original artists was Phillip, Craig and dean??? Shirley Ceasar sang it as well. Hope this helps.

V1:
I met a man the other day who looked at me and said, so many times I've seen your kind before. He said you can't do this and you can't do that your bound by rules and retrictions. What a dreary life you christian must observe. Well I looked him in the eye and I said your wrong. I can do anything that turns me on, I can smoke till my eyes turn red and my face turns blue. I can chew and dip, snort and cuss. Party all night till the sun comes up, but theres better things in life I'd rather do.

C:
I choose to be a christian, I choose to be like him. No bodys making me do it. This is how I choose to live. You decide for you. And I'll decide for me. Since the choice is mine this is what I choose to be.

V2:
Well I must admit from time to time. The thought of heaven keeps me towing the line. That reward thats coming sounds to good to be true. Now but if it was all just a fairy tale. And there was no heaven and there was no hell. I'd still be happy living like I do. So don't look at me with sympathy, and think that I've been cheated. By not doing all those things that you call fun. One night when your getting down. ON the darker side of town. This choice I've made will be lifting me out of here. ohhhhh.

Chorus:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
Help...Does anyone know the the lyrics and chords to the song "I Choose To Be A Christian.".. I remember Loretta Earl singing that song (early 90's) but not sure who the actual artist is... I've tried some of the webistes I'm familiar with and cannot find it anywhere. I know some of the words...ChorusI choose to be a christianI choose to be like him??????????? this is how I want to liveYou decide for you and I'll decide for methe choice is mine this how I choose to liveI'm not even sure if the above is correct... I would appreciate it very much if anyone could help me with this.