Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 07-23-2016, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

Trump never mentioned the unborn!!

AAAGGGHHHH!!!!

So this is now the cry of the NeverTrumpers.

A President cannot do much about abortion to begin with. Appointing judges that won't continue to perpetuate the myth that the Constitution guarantees the right to abort your unborn children is about the only contribution he can make. Trump will do his part by appointing Scalia type judges. He picked the right kind of Vice-President (who had endorsed Cruz) after all the Never-Trumpers swore he was going to choose a liberal, or even a Democrat to be his running mate. Why then should I think he will appoint a liberal judge to the bench?

If you Christians really want to do something about abortion, then start electing Governors and State Representatives who will invoke Article V and call for a convention of the States. Even then the best we will probably get is a Constitutional Amendment allowing the States to choose for themselves on the abortion issue, unless 38 States show a willingness to ban abortion all together. But at least then the unborn would find refuge in some States just as runaway slaves found refuge in Canada. There is NEVER going to be a Federal solution to stop abortion completely, at least not from the Executive or Judicial branches. The Legislative branch could do something since the Constitution does give them the right to limit what the Federal Courts can even rule on. But have you seen these GOP Congresses even invoke this power? No! Mike Huckabee was the only one to even mention this in the debates.

So, for all of you who are not supporting Trump over this abortion issue, you are making a huge mistake.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

Re: Trump never mentioned the unborn!!

The problem with your logic is that I was told that I should register and vote Republican because they are the party of morality.

WHERE ARE THOSE MEMBERS OF POA WHEN I NEED THEM TO REMIND ME?!

Now that the GOP is not the party of morality, I guess I should go back to voting for the party that is at least willing to admit there are social ills that need to be addressed.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
The problem with your logic is that I was told that I should register and vote Republican because they are the party of morality.

WHERE ARE THOSE MEMBERS OF POA WHEN I NEED THEM TO REMIND ME?!

Now that the GOP is not the party of morality, I guess I should go back to voting for the party that is at least willing to admit there are social ills that need to be addressed.
We need to stop being the party of morality and start being the party of the Constitution. If we went strictly by the Constitution, the morality issue would take care of itself as the courts would not be able to strike down State laws on morality.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:31 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
We need to stop being the party of morality and start being the party of the Constitution. If we went strictly by the Constitution, the morality issue would take care of itself as the courts would not be able to strike down State laws on morality.
So, you're a political polytheist?

All politics is morality, the question is whose morals are going to govern the nation? Antichrist's? Or Christ's?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-25-2016, 10:12 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Donald Trump’s Constitution of One

Donald Trump is utterly unqualified to keep this solemn pledge to our most fundamental law. We know this because in winning the nomination, Trump has already promised that he will knowingly break the law and violate the Constitution. Free speech? He will “open up the libel laws” to allow public officials to sue the media, and use the Federal Communications Commission to fine critics. Private property? To Trump, eminent domain is a “wonderful thing” and is not actually “taking property” because the owner can move “two blocks away.” Faithfully executing the law? His harebrained scheme to make Mexico pay for the border wall ignores the clear text of a statute and unilaterally prohibits foreign commerce. Serving as commander in chief? Trump has already pledged that he would violate international treaties and domestic law. The military “won’t refuse” his illegal orders. “Believe me,” he promised. Protecting our national security? Trump has lauded FDR’s internment of Japanese Americans, one of the darkest hours in the history of our Republic. And what about the Supreme Court? Assuming he keeps his promise to appoint conservative jurists — and that this promise is not merely a negotiating tactic — Trump’s approach would likely mirror that of George W. Bush: appoint justices who will defer to bold assertions of federal power. Judicial minimalist, thy name is John Roberts. These are the unconstitutional things Trump has told us he will do.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...aration-powers