Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-18-2018, 10:28 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Re: I attended a cell group

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
I noticed that day we went out to eat that guy started speaking Spanish to you, and you were like"I don't know what your saying." Lol Youve gotta understand some, though right?

I lived down here for 3 years before moving up to Houston. I worked with Mexican women who spoke very little English. We were teaching each other. They were amazed that I was catching on quickly. They have been here decades and didn’t know much English. I can’t say that I spoke much. I did understand a lot more.

I used to attend a church down here where the pastor would preach in English and Spanish. I would also attend the Spanish service on Friday nights.

After being in Houston over 6 years, I understand less now.

Old 07-19-2018, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post

I lived down here for 3 years before moving up to Houston. I worked with Mexican women who spoke very little English. We were teaching each other. They were amazed that I was catching on quickly. They have been here decades and didn’t know much English. I can’t say that I spoke much. I did understand a lot more.

I used to attend a church down here where the pastor would preach in English and Spanish. I would also attend the Spanish service on Friday nights.

After being in Houston over 6 years, I understand less now.

Yea that's understandable. I can't speak it but can understand a small bit, enough if they speak it slow enough to have some idea what is being said. But most the time they speak too fast though for me to understand. People who say one word here and there mixed with English I do better with!

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 07-20-2018, 01:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

I also look like a wetback. I self identify as a white man. I’m changing my name this year.
Probably cheaper to speak Spanish.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:01 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

I also look like a wetback. I self identify as a white man. I’m changing my name this year.
I think I should self identify as a Mopar. I'm changing my name to Dodge Coronet. I'll set up a Gofundme account to see if I can get money for the operation. I need a 426 Hemi with a 727 transmission.

Vroom!

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-20-2018, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I think I should self identify as a Mopar. I'm changing my name to Dodge Coronet. I'll set up a Gofundme account to see if I can get money for the operation. I need a 426 Hemi with a 727 transmission.

Vroom!

They tell kids that they can be WHATEVER they want when they grow up. This new generation took that to a whole ‘nother level.

White woman identifies as black woman- commits welfare fraud. I guess she self identified as a stereotype. Sad.

Jenner and his boyfriend became women to be lesbos.

I’ve seen vid clips of people identifying as animals. Cats and what not.

So, I am white (at least per the census data), and you can be a Transformer.

Last edited by houston; 07-20-2018 at 03:16 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguidordejesus View Post
Probably cheaper to speak Spanish.

I took a box of books to the meeting. There were a few bibles. One of them has the Reyna Valeria side by side with the KJV. I thought maybe I should keep it. Maybe I can learn Spanish by memorizing verses en Español. So, I showed the Bible to the hermano that hosts the cell group. He said, “I feel that you should keep it.” And so I did.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:

They tell kids that they can be WHATEVER they want when they grow up. This new generation took that to a whole ‘nother level.

White woman identifies as black woman- commits welfare fraud. I guess she self identified as a stereotype. Sad.

Jenner and his boyfriend became women to be lesbos.

I’ve seen vid clips of people identifying as animals. Cats and what not.

So, I am white (at least per the census data), and you can be a Transformer.
Just to be clear for everyone's sake: to be hispanic is to be part of a language group, not an ethnic or racial group. There are over 700 million speakers in 21 countries in the world were Spanish is the official language, including Spain, obvious, where the majority of people are racially "white". Furthermore, many in the Philippines are native Spanish speakers, but are ethnically Filipino. Finally, there is Equatorial Guinea, in Africa, where the majority speak Spanish as the official language. They are Africans, or, in terms of skin color "black", if one wanted to peg a label there.

So, it's fully within a hispanic person's rights to be "white". Because in fact, many are.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 07-20-2018, 08:01 PM
Saved & Shaved

Correct. Just don’t tell my family that.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Just to be clear for everyone's sake: to be hispanic is to be part of a language group, not an ethnic or racial group. There are over 700 million speakers in 21 countries in the world were Spanish is the official language, including Spain, obvious, where the majority of people are racially "white". Furthermore, many in the Philippines are native Spanish speakers, but are ethnically Filipino. Finally, there is Equatorial Guinea, in Africa, where the majority speak Spanish as the official language. They are Africans, or, in terms of skin color "black", if one wanted to peg a label there.

So, it's fully within a hispanic person's rights to be "white". Because in fact, many are.
Being a certain color is a right?
Old 07-21-2018, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
Being a certain color is a right?
Yes, demographically speaking. Since Hispanics are not in some "brown" racial category (since many hispanics in the world are not descendants of spaniard X indigenous peoples of the Americas), on the census, or in any other legal situation, hispanics have the right to declare themselves as "white", racially speaking, since hispanic is not a race, but a language group.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/

Last edited by votivesoul; 07-22-2018 at 05:10 AM.