Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Registered Member

Perhaps the doctrine that will ........ the most souls is "you need not be perfect". Almost all the Apostolic groups teach it.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:57 AM
God's Son

What brought you back? My theory is you limit yourself to five forums at one time. When you get irritated at one forum, you give a fond farewell and go on to the next forum. Before you know it, you're back right where you started. Any takers on how long he stays around this time? I can't do worse than I did in the ncaa brackets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Price View Post
Real cute. Very funny as well. As for MFBlume, your admonition is not desired, my friend. You have no idea what has happened in the past few months, but all has already been fulfilled, so you might be able to spiritualize it real good.

Oh, the word you people need to know is DELIVERANCE. I was not pray for by a preacher who believes the tribulation is past and Jesus already came back. I was not delivered through the prayers of a charismatic backslider who has come to hate standards. I was prayed through by some good APOSTOLICS, who believe holiness is still real, who, though they never laid hands on me, called out my name in prayer.

MFBlume, you have already made your feelings towards me quite known, and I do assure you, they are mutual in all sincerity. I came back when I heard of Elder Epley's battles on here, and wanted to encourage him. In reality, he is a true man of God, and I am thankful that there are such men still around.

So, please spare me your condescending cute remarks. I can without them. Difference maker is this. No spiritualization here. No need to search for hidden meanings and only a select few get an understanding here. No more flip-flopping, and no more games.You want my past, fine. Have at it. Just realize this. When Jesus comes back, I am going to be ready, and no thanks to those who kept me in my past, or at least tried to.

Blessings Bro. Epley. Keep on!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Price View Post
Real cute. Very funny as well. As for MFBlume, your admonition is not desired, my friend. You have no idea what has happened in the past few months, but all has already been fulfilled, so you might be able to spiritualize it real good.
Like your recent full preterism?

Brother, I have always been kind to you. And I have warned you that the trend to sway and waver that you have shown, even to the extent of trinitarian doctrine, is something that needs to be dealt with. But you keep popping back as an expert with all the answers of which doctrine is right or wrong. And that is where things look odd.

I am glad you became freed from many false issues. I have prayed for you. But the point is that you need to get hold of that tendency and get victory over it. Otherwise, the next time you go in a bad direction, you may not recover.

There is an extreme tendency to swerve into divergent doctrines. And I am there to shout you to glory with us all, but you need to get hold of that
tendency and conquer it. And for you to decry positions people hold, that you yourself held about half a dozen times off and on is simply silly.

Despite your anger, I pray for you that God sends all His best blessings, my brother!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:28 AM
God's Son

I'm beggining to change my mindset on this ronzo. As you may know I am very skeptical about religious dogma. But here is a true story. A couple months ago a minister said we needed to plant a sacrificial seed and tell God what we wanted. My wife and I gave a sacrificial amount and said we wanted our daughter to be filled with the Holy Ghost. Two weeks later, she was filled with the Spirit. Mind you, she was that responsive before. She's as hard headed as her father. Coincidence? I don't know.

Some of you know I was unemployed from Jan 06 to Oct 06. During that time I drained my life savings and unemployment to live. During the course of my unemployment my wife and gave about 20% of the life savings to the church and to get the children's ministry up and running at our church. God blessed mightily. Our family was able to go to Saint Louis for the Childrens Seminar, expenses paid. My wife got a wonderful job as a tutor to a child of one of the influential citizens in the community. I'm going to college to get my bachelor's degree, and the government is paying for it since my job went overseas. I was hired by Blue Cross Blue Shield for customer service work the day my unemployment and life savings ran out. The starting salary was close to what I was making when my previous employer shut the doors.

I notice a lot of people ignore the OT passage which said to test God and see if he doesn't open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings that cannot be contained. There is Biblical precedence for expecting from giving.

The law of sowing and reaping applies to finances as much as it does to growing tomatoes. If I really believed I shouldn't get anything in return from giving, than I should not report my giving on my taxes. (I do not report my charitable contributions on my taxes.) If I could get away with it, I would pay my tithes without signing my name on the envelope. I did it for years until it became an enforceable procedure

God says if you give sparingly you will reap sparingly. But if you give liberally, you'll reap liberally.

For the record, I don't buy into all the of the hype on TBN telethon week or for that fact General Conference's million dollar march. What I buy into is taking God at His Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo View Post
Biblical giving does not expect anything in return.

In the Hebrew mindset, if you give to get, you haven't given at all.

You give to GIVE, period.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:30 AM
God's Son

Give it a week and he'll find another forum of like-minded brethern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Like your recent full preterism?

Brother, I have always been kind to you. And I have warned you that the trend to sway and waver that you have shown, even to the extent of trinitarian doctrine, is something that needs to be dealt with. But you keep popping back as an expert with all the answers of which doctrine is right or wrong. And that is where things look odd.

I am glad you became freed from many false issues. I have prayed for you. But the point is that you need to get hold of that tendency and get victory over it. Otherwise, the next time you go in a bad direction, you may not recover.

There is an extreme tendency to swerve into divergent doctrines. And I am there to shout you to glory with us all, but you need to get hold of that
tendency and conquer it. And for you to decry positions people hold, that you yourself held about half a dozen times off and on is simply silly.

Despite your anger, I pray for you that God sends all His best blessings, my brother!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Registered Member

While most Pentecostals comfort their followers with "no one can be perfect".

Jesus says:

48: Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matt. 5:48

Being perfect as in:

12: Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God. Col. 4:12

Doing the will of God.

1: And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
2: Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
3: Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
4: Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
5: He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
6: He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. Rev. 3:1-5

Verse 2 Jesus rebukes them. Why? Their works are not perfect.

Verse 4 and 5 he says those who have defiled garments are not worthy of him. If we dont overcome our names will be blotted out of the book of life.

Yet many have accepted Christians may walk in defiled garments (works not perfect) and still be saved.

This "dont have to be perfect" doctrine will take more souls to hell than any other on this thread.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Some of you know I was unemployed from Jan 06 to Oct 06. During that time I drained my life savings and unemployment to live. During the course of my unemployment my wife and gave about 20% of the life savings to the church and to get the children's ministry up and running at our church.
Wah! Wah! Wah!

You think you are the only one that gives?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:01 AM
God's Son

Do you also do this with scripture and take portions out of context?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Wah! Wah! Wah!

You think you are the only one that gives?

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 04-04-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
Do you also do this with scripture and take portions out of context?
Only when it benefits me personally.

This is kinda fun. You know, how you and Joeyel go all over the forum insulting every poster you can find. Then you cry like a whupped puppy when someone does the same to you.

Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:12 AM
God's Son

Am I crying? At least I am man enough to post your entire posts and not snippets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Only when it benefits me personally.

This is kinda fun. You know, how you and Joeyel go all over the forum insulting every poster you can find. Then you cry like a whupped puppy when someone does the same to you.

Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV