Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-10-2019, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

What's a Good Bible Study?

Does anyone know of where I could get a good Jesus' Name study on Oneness, baptism, and the Holy Ghost?

Did any of you have one?
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

Re: What's a Good Bible Study?

I've started a new job a couple of months ago and there's this Mormon girl that's given me a study-type booklet on the New Testament, issued, of course, by the LDS church. I've talked with her a few different times about Apostolic basics, but I want to get something together for her, and I wanted to get with my buds here and see if they could assist in any way.

Thanks!
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:00 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
I've started a new job a couple of months ago and there's this Mormon girl that's given me a study-type booklet on the New Testament, issued, of course, by the LDS church. I've talked with her a few different times about Apostolic basics, but I want to get something together for her, and I wanted to get with my buds here and see if they could assist in any way.

Thanks!
The Mormon girl was taught at an early age that whatever any religion says they're wrong. This is because their first pope Joe Smith, got his enlightenment when he was told that he was to join no other church. That all other churches are wrong. But go dig up 100 lb solid gold book. Stick his head in a top hat with a rock in it, and find the REAL truth. So, it is a hard call about Mormon girl taking a Bible study and getting an ephiany. Did she ask you to read the book of Moron, and see if you receive a testimony of its truth? Their words not mine.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
The Mormon girl was taught at an early age that whatever any religion says they're wrong. This is because their first pope Joe Smith, got his enlightenment when he was told that he was to join no other church. That all other churches are wrong. But go dig up 100 lb solid gold book. Stick his head in a top hat with a rock in it, and find the REAL truth. So, it is a hard call about Mormon girl taking a Bible study and getting an ephiany. Did she ask you to read the book of Moron, and see if you receive a testimony of its truth? Their words not mine.
She has yet to mention the Book of Mormon to me.

She hasn't anything about there being not literal hell, or anything like that. My knowledge of the Mormon doctrine is spotty, so I couldn't nail down any specifics, but it seems like her breed is considerably liberal on such Mormon fundamentals.

Last edited by Bro Flame; 12-10-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

This one may help:

https://www.amazon.com/Oneness-View-.../dp/1567220207
Old 12-10-2019, 01:03 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Hey, HR, and the Mormon girl can trade books.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Hey, HR, and the Mormon girl can trade books.
Maybe mine will roll off on her!
Old 12-11-2019, 07:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
Maybe mine will roll off on her!
Where your located are there a lot of LDS?
I’m located in the heart of Mormon country, I have 5-6 wards located all around my city, Temples all around me. Dealing with indoctrinated LDS will not do it by just giving them scripture (may cross someone’s theology) I’m not saying giving them the word isnt good enough I’m saying more is going to go into this than just a simple Bible Study. We (other Pastors up here) have a saying when in comes to Mormons and that’s “Mormons love their Witchcraft”, whoever will be apart of you and your wife’s effort to see this young lady saved will have to battle the spirit that comes with the LDS faith. Joseph Smith was a very highly decorated Mason, matter of fact before they killed Joseph Smith he was just about to give them the secret hand signal that would’ve prevented his death, they shot him before he had the chance. Not trying to hinder you either, I believe Mormons can be saved, if any of us on this forum can be saved they can be as well. You just cant witness to them like you would someone else, follow the Spirit ask God for direction, ask the Lord to give you discernment to see the spirits she battles.

Ill give you an example, we have 2 of our Sunday School kids (brother and sister) they come from a home where the Mom was LDS. She left the church about 20 years ago, the reason is still unknown, yet because she left it she has been shunned to where she wasnt seen or heard from her parents, brother and sisters and they within a 20-30 mile radius of her. She has allowed her kids to come to our Sunday School and even our church services. We have been working with them for 6-8 months now she hasn’t come but her husband is hungry. I implore you to understand the spirit behind the LDS, remember what Paul said...

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Where your located are there a lot of LDS?
I’m located in the heart of Mormon country, I have 5-6 wards located all around my city, Temples all around me. Dealing with indoctrinated LDS will not do it by just giving them scripture (may cross someone’s theology) I’m not saying giving them the word isnt good enough I’m saying more is going to go into this than just a simple Bible Study. We (other Pastors up here) have a saying when in comes to Mormons and that’s “Mormons love their Witchcraft”, whoever will be apart of you and your wife’s effort to see this young lady saved will have to battle the spirit that comes with the LDS faith. Joseph Smith was a very highly decorated Mason, matter of fact before they killed Joseph Smith he was just about to give them the secret hand signal that would’ve prevented his death, they shot him before he had the chance. Not trying to hinder you either, I believe Mormons can be saved, if any of us on this forum can be saved they can be as well. You just cant witness to them like you would someone else, follow the Spirit ask God for direction, ask the Lord to give you discernment to see the spirits she battles.

Ill give you an example, we have 2 of our Sunday School kids (brother and sister) they come from a home where the Mom was LDS. She left the church about 20 years ago, the reason is still unknown, yet because she left it she has been shunned to where she wasnt seen or heard from her parents, brother and sisters and they within a 20-30 mile radius of her. She has allowed her kids to come to our Sunday School and even our church services. We have been working with them for 6-8 months now she hasn’t come but her husband is hungry. I implore you to understand the spirit behind the LDS, remember what Paul said...

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
I am not very familiar with Mormons or their doctrine. I can only think of two LDS churches in my area (and that term is used loosely) right off the top of my head. Jehovah's Witnesses are more coming in my area than Mormons, I'd say.

I know that a cultish spirit feeds their religion, but I'm not quite sure how devoted my coworker is. She seemed to be listening, open, or however you wish to label it when I discussed Oneness with her. Now, I don't know if she was simply listening and therefore rejecting everything I said in her head, but her facial expressions seemed as if her listening was genuine. My reading could certainly be way off, but I pray it wasn't.

Talking with her is something I'm doing a considerable amount of praying about. She's a nice and friendly lady, but I pray she can be reached. She seems to love the Lord, or love what she knows about Him, but her judgment is clouded by the Mormons' doctrine. She has said she is going to bring her children to my church's Christmas program on the 21st of this month, so let's hope she comes and something's pricked in her spirit.

When my coworker first told me what type of church she attended, she told me it was LDS, and that they "use to be known as Mormons". I'm not entirely sure what she meant by that, I haven't asked her yet, but I found that odd. I didn't know if more modern LDS attendees didn't self-identify as Mormon, or if it's an individual decision.

Last edited by Bro Flame; 12-11-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:25 PM
Covenant Apostolic

chain link these passages in your bible and teach her right out of the bible.

Seeking truth
  • John 17:17 – God's word is our truth for salvation.
  • Romans 3:23 – All have sinned, Jesus shed his blood for the remission of our sins.
  • Romans 6:23 – The wages of sin is death, eternal life is a gift of God.
  • Genesis 2 – Adam brought sin and death into the world.
  • Romans 5:8-9 - Christ shed blood for sinners, saving us from His wrath.
  • Matthew 16:18 – Jesus tells Peter he has the keys of the kingdom. We will see Him unlock the gospel to the Jews and Gentiles in the book of Acts.
  • John 3:5 – Jesus said that a man must be born of water and Spirit or he cannot enter the kingdom of God. Jesus said when a man is born of the Spirit there will be a sound. Peter will explain further in the book of Acts (the history of what the early church preached)
  • Acts 1 – Jesus spent 40 days with the disciples after his ressurection, telling them what they needed to preach, and that they would receive the Holy Ghost.
  • Acts 2 – Pentecost and the sound from heaven. Peter, the man with the keys preaches what they need to do to be saved. Jews are baptized in Jesus name and receive the HG.
  • Acts 8:12 - Peter unlocks the keys of salvation in Samaria. They are baptized in Jesus name and filled with the Spirit, as in Acts 2.
  • Acts 10 – Cornelius sends for Peter, and the Gentiles receive they Holy Ghost and are baptized in Jesus name.
  • Acts 19 – have you received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? John's disciples receive the HG and are baptized in Jesus name.
  • Acts 22:16 – why wait: arise and be baptized and wash away your sin, calling on the name of the Lord.

Last edited by Amanah; 12-10-2019 at 01:31 PM.