Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Sister Alvear

Re: End Time Army of Women Preachers Psalms 68:11

I have one word for this...stupid....

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 11-08-2016, 11:50 AM
Banned

i did not capture all of the reflections here, but hopefully the point is made. It is made, at "Adam and Eve," actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
i understand this, Z, but it is fair to say that other experiences, different from your own, exist. There is no degradation in fulfilling natural roles, imo; the degradation comes when advantage is taken, is it not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
When natural roles are demanded and there are never opportunities to step beyond roles, that is degadation in action
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The problem is most are not followers of Jesus.

"Did God really say ..." was spoken to whom while Adam stood back and watched? Hint: it wasn't Adam

And don't forget Pleroo ... who did God first hold accountable for Eve's actions? Hint: it wasn't Eve.
Quote:
I can certainly find this by taking the relevant passages in the physical context; but find no place for them in the spiritual one, wadr. If there is no male and female in the kingdom, then the relevant passage must be speaking spiritually. Meaning a male is just as likely to be a woman chattering in church as a female is to be the pastor.
Quote:
yes.

amen. If you find people interpreting the passage as literal, you have been given all the signal you need to beautiful are the feet, if that interpretation does not suit you, imo. But BAM stay in that spiritual place as long as it suits you.
Quote:
That interpretation is only there to find if you will find it. There are no male/female in the kingdom.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdp View Post
Me either - I allow the texts to stand on their own merit without any assistance from me :

11 A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 12 But I do NOT allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve.

These passages are NOT talking about "a wife not instructing her husband in the home environment" & I have emails from the greatest Greek scholars on the planet stating why on an exegetical-syntactical plane (I know about the ol' "gune'" vs. "aner" argument & it does not stand up to textual scrutiny). This old attempt to explain away the plainness of these passages simply won't work exegetically.

Won't waste much time with this again - too busy traveling from place to place right now & besides, I don't waste a lot of time on here any more (for reasons such as this thread-topic). Ironically, I just taught an in-depth lesson on this topic for one of the most respected & well-known preachers in Pentecost (at his request).

God Bless any way !
Who was the audience? Are we to become Jews again? However it has been a Pentecostal tradition for years to have no women preachers. Does this count for teaching a Bible study?
Old 03-20-2018, 03:09 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelRose View Post
Who was the audience? Are we to become Jews again? However it has been a Pentecostal tradition for years to have no women preachers. Does this count for teaching a Bible study?
Did you read all of the over 200 page thread? You'd get your answer.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:27 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
8 And Saul approved of his execution. And there arose on that day a great persecution against the church in Jerusalem, and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles. 2 Devout men buried Stephen and made great lamentation over him. 3 But Saul was ravaging the church, and entering house after house, he dragged off men and women and committed them to prison. 4 Now those who were scattered went about preaching the word.

The men & women were in prison - it was those scattered abroad (as the texts above clearly states) who went about preaching the word - not the women in a prison cell .

Regardless, they were not preaching to a mixed congregation of men & women believers - but rather witnessing to the lost - huge diff.

Okay - gotta' run. God Bless......

Last edited by Amanah; 01-23-2020 at 06:32 AM.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:30 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Same ol - same ol' I see. Ignore the clear ramifications of I Tim. 2.11-14 & expect me to chase rabbit trails all night.

A "Prophetess" is not a NT minister in the set-in official capacity - else Paul dropped the ball in his list all throughout the NT. Worse, a "Prophetess" is not a "woman preacher" from the Scriptures (& not one-single biblical example exists of a woman doing so) - but rather one who spontaneously reveals the hidden counsels of God (much like interpretation of tongues). See Dr. Joesph Thayer for more on this.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:39 AM
Covenant Apostolic

I prefer male leadership in the congregation.

I also believe that women have a vital role to play
*wife and mother being foremost
*witnessing to the lost, via outreach, bus ministry, children's church, ect.
*being used in the gifts of the Spirit.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:25 AM
Loving God, His Word, His Name

My thoughts have changed somewhat over the years on this (I know... shock and awe). I do not believe women pastors are biblical, but women preachers are. In 2 Timothy 2, Paul says what I see are two different points, a woman teaching or usurping authority. Meaning? In pastoral leadership, a pastor must decide what the doctrinal standards of the Church shall be. As such, a woman is not allowed scripturally to be in pastoral leadership. However, we have cases in scripture of women proclaiming the message of the resurrection, and witnessing to the lost. All I say is this, that a woman can preach so long as she is doing so under the authority of a male pastor, but is not allowed to be a pastor herself.

Like I said, just my thoughts.

Apostolic Defender Ministries
The Apostolic Defender Podcast on Spotify
Old 01-28-2020, 04:14 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnTraditional View Post
My thoughts have changed somewhat over the years on this (I know... shock and awe). I do not believe women pastors are biblical, but women preachers are. In 2 Timothy 2, Paul says what I see are two different points, a woman teaching or usurping authority. Meaning? In pastoral leadership, a pastor must decide what the doctrinal standards of the Church shall be. As such, a woman is not allowed scripturally to be in pastoral leadership. However, we have cases in scripture of women proclaiming the message of the resurrection, and witnessing to the lost. All I say is this, that a woman can preach so long as she is doing so under the authority of a male pastor, but is not allowed to be a pastor herself.

Like I said, just my thoughts.
Your thoughts change like months on a calander.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:42 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
8 And Saul approved of his execution. And there arose on that day a great persecution against the church in Jerusalem, and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles. 2 Devout men buried Stephen and made great lamentation over him. 3 But Saul was ravaging the church, and entering house after house, he dragged off men and women and committed them to prison. 4 Now those who were scattered went about preaching the word.

The men & women were in prison - it was those scattered abroad (as the texts above clearly states) who went about preaching the word - not the women in a prison cell .

Regardless, they were not preaching to a mixed congregation of men & women believers - but rather witnessing to the lost - huge diff.

Okay - gotta' run. God Bless......
This is what people who advocate female leadership over married men get confused. They take examples of witnessing in the NT and confuse it with church government. Good job rdp.