Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > New Member Info
Facebook

Notices

New Member Info Wanting to sign up to become a member of AFF? Please read 'New Member Registration Info' stickied here!

Old 04-29-2008, 05:08 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Re: Biblical Rules for posting on AFF

Thank you Dimples. Good words are like seeds... some fall on stony ground. Some fall among the thorns. And some fall on good ground. Maybe we all need to "break up the fallowed ground" ever so often.

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:57 AM
Registered Member

Yes. Wait patiently for an answer.
As a preacher once said: "If two disagree, both pray on it, until God reveals it. Then there won't be any more disagreement."
"Did God intend to treat the early church different than the latter church? Did He have two programs for the church? Are people being saved in a different way today than they were in the Bible? Are there two forms of Christianity: first-century, and every century after that? No." - Jason Dulle
Old 12-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Apostolic

Sometimes I let my flesh drive me to become passionate about the Word of God. But! learning is all a part of growing. As Jesus is meek and lowly in heart, I must be as well. Thank you for posting this!!!

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh...

1 Timothy 3:16 ...God was manifested in the flesh...

Romans 16:17 ...mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

I wonder if even posted in Christ's love that some posts will not come off as such.

Galatians 4:16Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Matthew 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. 34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

1 Corinthians 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. 18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. 19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Sometimes I wonder about myself in regards to my walk with God, but I keep myself open for correction and for pruning so that as His disciple in serving Him, I do not wind up serving something else in His name which is not to the glory of the Son, but to the glory of that something else. I am trusting the Son, Jesus Christ as my Good Shepherd to guide me and to, in all respect, make me His friend. That is how much I need Him.

When God addressed seven churches in Revelation to examine themselves and to prepare themselves, I, nor any believer, can afford the luxury nor the complacency to ignore difficult topics that may be sent by the Lord to prune so that we may bear more fruit as His disciples and be found abiding in Him and in His words as kept in the KJV.

Keeping the faith is the good fight, and it is to be done in Christ's love, but not every meat given for discernment of good and evil will be well received. As it is on God to cause the increase and that Jesus is Lord, I know I cannot argue any points nor convince anyone other than, by His grace and by His help, give them pause to take the matter to the Lord Jesus in prayer, and hope God is peradventuring to cause the increase.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Go Dodgers!

The KJV is a terrible translation made in an archaic form of English nobody but actors that can't find better jobs use

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
The KJV is a terrible translation made in an archaic form of English nobody but actors that can't find better jobs use
There is a thread posted in this forum "Which Bible to Rely On?" for you to take to the Lord in prayer. Set aside all preconceived judgments and see if the Lord will show you otherwise. Only He can show you to see.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
There is a thread posted in this forum "Which Bible to Rely On?" for you to take to the Lord in prayer. Set aside all preconceived judgments and see if the Lord will show you otherwise. Only He can show you to see.
I set aside all preconceived Judgements and relied on God years ago and discovered the KJV is a terrible translation, uses an outdated form of english and that many readers have NO idea what the KJV is really saying because of that

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I set aside all preconceived Judgements and relied on God years ago and discovered the KJV is a terrible translation, uses an outdated form of english and that many readers have NO idea what the KJV is really saying because of that
That's not the same thing. We can rely on God in general, but when concerning a specific prayer request from Him about a certain matter, that is about expecting His answer in that regards.

The Bible is not supposed to contain false testimonies about God, but that is what I have found in modern Bibles which is not found in the KJV, but that is another topic for you to reply in another thread, if you still care to.

As it is: not everyone can follow the OP where keeping the faith which is the good fight is involved, but may God help everyone to know that the power of revealing the truth is on God and not on us winning arguments.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:41 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
That's not the same thing. We can rely on God in general, but when concerning a specific prayer request from Him about a certain matter, that is about expecting His answer in that regards.

The Bible is not supposed to contain false testimonies about God, but that is what I have found in modern Bibles which is not found in the KJV, but that is another topic for you to reply in another thread, if you still care to.

As it is: not everyone can follow the OP where keeping the faith which is the good fight is involved, but may God help everyone to know that the power of revealing the truth is on God and not on us winning arguments.
The problem is you assumed the KJV was correct then compared other translations to them and therefor said they are wrong

That is circular reasoning.

The KJV was not a good translation

It's translated in a language nobody speaks anymore

Old 07-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

The KJV was not a good translation

It's translated in a language nobody speaks anymore
English is hardly a dead language.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf