Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM
Progressive

Re: Can a plant be a "spirit"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
What synthetic cannabis? I remember spice and k2 coined their self that way. When i was in the world I use to smoke wax and dabs, but thats as far as my knowledge goes.
I know that spice and k2 has made a number of veterans sick spurring a push to legalize the real thing. What I read might be related to those products.

Quote:
I'd beware of synthetic anything though there is natural available. Gives em a chance to add whatever.
I know. If one is going to go that route, go for the natural stuff. No additives.

The pharmaceutical companies are lobbying to keep cannabis illegal, while trying to produce a synthetic product they can sell at high dollar to make profit. Big pharma is really concerned about legalization. Cannabis stands to address symptoms that most pharmaceutical companies have an expensive pill for. And if legalized, many people with conditions that cannabis has been shown to help will begin growing cannabis themselves. The last thing big pharma wants is people growing their own medication.
"Your leaders are like wolves who tear apart their victims. They actually destroy people’s lives for money! And your prophets cover up for them by announcing false visions and making lying predictions. They say, ‘My message is from the Sovereign Lord,’ when the Lord hasn’t spoken a single word to them. Even common people oppress the poor, rob the needy, and deprive foreigners of justice."
~ Ezekiel 22:27-29 New Living Translation (NLT)
Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM
Progressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Funny how veterans been smoking dope all these years while it was illegal. Still had their issues with PTSD. Medical Marijuana is now looking to make lots of money. Now veterans smoke "legal" weed and are as healed as receiving the Holy Ghost?

EB, that's dumb.

Cannabis doesn't "cure" PTSD. It only helps manage the symptoms.

If a vet smoked cannabis, they might not experience the racing thoughts, nightmares, anxiety attacks, hypervigilance, or sudden rage for 3 to four days. Then, they'd notice the tension and anxiety returning and have to smoke some more. The vets that I know who do this only smoke two to three times a week. Normally in the evenings, an hour or so before bed. They don't sit around all day toking every day like some might. These guys turned to cannabis based on what they'd heard and read. They claim it has helped them with fewer undesirable side effects than the prescription meds they were taking.

The CBD products don't seem to be as strong or have as long a lasting effect, so I'm told. A person would have to take the CBD products every other day, or perhaps, every day.

Yes, every one of them admits that they dig the "high" compared to the meds they were on. Their prescription meds had them feeling like they were walking through a fog, and some have talked about erectile disfunction. One said he felt like he was in the "Twilight Zone" all day the entire time he was on the prescription meds. With cannabis, one only has a "high" for a couple hours, but the calming effect lasts a few days. There's no need to take meds or smoke again during those days. Life is relatively normal, with a deep centered calm. No background "mental chatter". When that chattering monkey mind starts up again, or they feel a sudden burst of anxiety that they can't shake, that's when they know that they might need to stay home that night, order out, stock up on Doritos, and get the kids to bed early so they can medicate.

Oh, here's an important factor...

None of these guys are into heavy drinking. That's a big factor to keep in mind. Vets that are heavy drinkers tend to not benefit from cannabis much at all compared to those who aren't heavy drinkers.
"Your leaders are like wolves who tear apart their victims. They actually destroy people’s lives for money! And your prophets cover up for them by announcing false visions and making lying predictions. They say, ‘My message is from the Sovereign Lord,’ when the Lord hasn’t spoken a single word to them. Even common people oppress the poor, rob the needy, and deprive foreigners of justice."

Last edited by Aquila; Yesterday at 10:54 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM
Progressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Medical Marijuana is now looking to make lots of money.
True. And big pharma is wanting to cash in on it too.

But this is why many at the grass roots level would prefer full legalization. People could grow their own, and any profits that stand to be made can be made through small businesses, like the coffee shops in Amsterdam. Amsterdam is pretty cool. If you get the chance to go, and you're so inclined, go to a place called, Barney's. They run a decent establishment and they have great food. They're a good example of what's on the horizon, if you should need one.

Here's a link.

https://www.barneysamsterdam.com/

The free market can tame the savage beast.

Last edited by Aquila; Yesterday at 11:14 AM.