Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-20-2018, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

Re: Students Plan - March for Our Lives: March 24t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I couldn't trust every thrice divorced, pill popping, burnout teacher, or hillbilly janitor, with concealed carry around my kids. I just don't.
I'm surprised at this slur towards teachers and blue-collar workers, especially from you.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I'm surprised at this slur towards teachers and blue-collar workers, especially from you.
Don't get me wrong... I'll defend their right to unionize. I'll also defend the rights of the union worker, along with defending their labor contracts. I'm also for strong labor laws that are in support of the worker as it relates to wages, benefits, and safety.

BUT... when it comes to prayer and guns around my children... I don't see them as being qualified to lead my kids in prayer or to wield loaded guns around my children. I've know teachers that I wouldn't leave in charge of my goldfish.

Last edited by Aquila; 02-20-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Don't get me wrong... I'll defend their right to unionize. I'll also defend the rights of the union worker, along with defending their labor contracts. I'm also for strong labor laws that are in support of the worker as it relates to wages, benefits, and safety.

BUT... when it comes to prayer and guns around my children... I don't see them as being qualified to lead my kids in prayer or to wield loaded guns around my children. I've know teachers that I wouldn't leave in charge of my goldfish.
I'm not talking about wages, benefits, safety or union junk, I'm talking about the broad-brushed slur you made against their character.

Thrice divorced
Pill popping
Burnout teacher
Hillbilly janitor
Old 02-20-2018, 12:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm not talking about wages, benefits, safety or union junk, I'm talking about the broad-brushed slur you made against their character.

Thrice divorced
Pill popping
Burnout teacher
Hillbilly janitor
I was just trying to put some colorful emphasize on why I don't think every teacher or staff member should be trusted with a gun around kids. lol

In fact, tension can be so great between students and teachers, it might be a REAL BAD idea. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pulp-Fiction-Samuel-L-Jackson.jpg (33.4 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Aquila; 02-20-2018 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:29 PM
Registered Member

The NRA is a liability to Wisconsin and our state would be better off if they left our state and took their political contributions with them.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

How many times has DT been divorced ? I do not trust him with national security.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:36 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
I couldn't trust every thrice divorced, pill popping, burnout teacher, or hillbilly janitor, with concealed carry around my kids. I just don't.
Nice to know you think so highly of public education.

Quote:

Thrice divorced
Pill popping
Burnout teacher
Hillbilly janitor
Isn't it funny how the left esteems the public sector...until it doesn't fit the narrative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
The NRA is a liability to Wisconsin and our state would be better off if they left our state and took their political contributions with them.
How is the NRA a liability? Specifics please, since that was a pretty specific tirade.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:37 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
How many times has DT been divorced ? I do not trust him with national security.
I'm no fan of Trump - as I've made clear many times on this forum - but what does one have to do with the other?
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

If thrice divorced disqualifies a janitor from providing security, it would also prevent a POTUS from providing security.

The NRA has prevented legitimate gun control legislation from becoming law. Their success can be measured by the number of dead school children.

In Wisconsin, they have supported an administration that has won the record for removal of environmental regulations that have severely compromised water quality.

I am a gun owner who will never support the NRA.

Last edited by Scott Pitta; 02-20-2018 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:51 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Grief and rage over one of the deadliest school shootings in modern American history have forced some lawmakers to begin to rethink their positions on gun control, and a powerful chorus of teenage voices is pushing those in Florida to limit access to semiautomatic rifles.

Students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., where 17 people were killed last week, are traveling on Tuesday to Tallahassee, the state capital, to call for a ban on assault rifles. The direct appeal to the Legislature follows protests outside schools, social media appeals and national television appearances.

• Assault rifles have become a particular target of the latest gun-control campaign. The police say the suspect in Wednesday’s massacre, Nikolas Cruz, was able to kill 17 people in just six minutes by wielding a semiautomatic weapon, an AR-15-style rifle.

The Miami Herald reported legislators in both the Florida House and Senate are drafting legislation to limit access to semiautomatic rifles, after years of reluctance. The plan would bar people under 21 from possession of an assault rifle, and would require buyers to wait three days before purchasing any kind of rifle.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/20/u...-shooting.html