Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
I can see you now... at an anti-UPC convention, shaven bald and humming Blessed Assurance.
So you have seen my wife!
Old 05-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whollyHis View Post
Thank you for this judgement call...*smile*

God bless you and yours...
I don't sit in judgement of you.I simply expressed my own thoughts.God only knows your heart.I was simply stating truth.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Administrator

MapleSyrupLeaf,

Good to see you posting! I have missed your wisdom and humor!
Old 05-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Communion at AFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mrs View Post
I have not 'forsaken' anything with a decision to cut my hair, most especially holiness and righteousness. In fact, I believe the opposite has come to pass...I have a new and greater appreciation for these in my life.

I don't know of a single woman that is represented here on this forum that hates righteousness Jekyll.
When someone thinks it is conversational fodder to run an experience with God that someone else has had through a gossip mill such as this place...especially when no one at said gossip mill witnessed the event...with the sole purpose of destroying the account for a few hurrahs...

That is treading dangerously close to wickedness. Go ahead and run down someones faith or spiritual experiences...you can partake of that reward.

Just because no one outwardly says, "I hate righteousness," doesn't mean that they are a servant of God.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:40 PM
Communion at AFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Sister, apparently you haven't realized that there's power, power, wonder working power, on the top, of your head. Tap into it Sister. Maybe if you let it all the way down and swing it around a few times you will get all that power stirred up, like a generator. BTW, I am not making fun of the fact that you have uncut hair. I know that different people have different convictions, so that's not even the issue here.
Yes, that is kind of the issue here. Someone holier than thou thinks they can plop down on the judgement seat and issue validity of someone's spiritual experience...more than one someone btw...
Old 05-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Supreme Queen Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
When someone thinks it is conversational fodder to run an experience with God that someone else has had through a gossip mill such as this place...especially when no one at said gossip mill witnessed the event...with the sole purpose of destroying the account for a few hurrahs...

That is treading dangerously close to wickedness. Go ahead and run down someones faith or spiritual experiences...you can partake of that reward.

Just because no one outwardly says, "I hate righteousness," doesn't mean that they are a servant of God.
Good Grief. Do you ever have an issue!

I believe this is a discussion board and not a hurrah board.

Get a life!
Old 05-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Communion at AFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Van Pelt View Post
Good Grief. Do you ever have an issue!

I believe this is a discussion board and not a hurrah board.

Get a life!
You count the discussions in this thread and count the innuendoes and then you can adjust your statement.

I have quite the life, thank you...
Old 05-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Yes, that is kind of the issue here. Someone holier than thou thinks they can stand in the judgement seat and issue validity of someone's spiritual experience...more than one someone btw...
Go reread the article. Move of God or not this person was telling people that they had power in their hair. What a bunch of HOGWASH and if you're dumb enough to believe it then I don't know what to to tell you, Jekyl. Hair is nothing more and nothing less than dead cells that have been pushed out of the body. Are you gonna try to tell me that God inhabits something that's dead now?
Old 05-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Communion at AFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Go reread the article. Move of God or not this person was telling people that they had power in their hair. What a bunch of HOGWASH and if you're dumb enough to believe it then I don't know what to to tell you, Jekyl. Hair is nothing more and nothing less than dead cells that have been pushed out of the body. Are you gonna try to tell me that God inhabits something that's dead now?
Then you are making an issue out of a lady's uncut hair and all that is included in the faith of those who believe this, contrary to what you stated above.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Communion at AFF

Quote:
You count the discussions in this thread and count the innuendoes and then you can adjust your statement.

I have quite the life, thank you...
I think I'll see if BOOM can find a back-slapping smilie...