Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-20-2019, 05:22 AM
Registered Member

Re: Can/Should Christians Be Democrats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Were Oneness Pentecostals in rebellion when they left the AoG back in 1914?

Were Pentecostals in rebellion when they left their various denominations to form their own?

When 10 tribes rebelled against Rehoboam because of his tax policies and refusal to address the people's grievances, why did God forbid Judah from waging war against them? Why did God offer to make Jereboam's house like David's?

Was David in rebellion against Saul? Some preacher announces to David "You're the new king"... How were the people to know they weren't in rebellion by supporting David?

If ALL rebellion is sinful, we ALL better repent and go join the Roman Catholic church, or even revert back to the paganism of our ancestors, and stand for the glorious Roman Empire against all these rebellious "republics".
I read this statement before, to some it mind boggling, to others they’ll say “that’s who i am”...

A rebellious person likes to challenge authority and break the rules every now and then. A really rebellious group tries to overthrow the government. Being rebellious is part of the American character. ... Anywhere there's an authority, someone is probably acting rebellious toward it.

The one God movement wasnt in rebellion when they left the AOG, no one forced them to stay in, they felt it was sin for them to stay in. That’s not rebellion, rebellion is pride, rebellion is anger, rebellion is holier than thou, rebellion hates God (authority), rebellion looks for ways to be rebellious! That’s the difference with some mindsets, in your minds you’ll look for ways to be rebellious and you’ll convert your conscience into thinking its ok, and its not.

David wasnt in rebellion to Saul, you know what David did? He ran from Saul, instead of picketing the castle, instead of airing his grievances on twitter, or instead of him storming the castle with his other friends and taking it over because Samuel told him he will be king.... He ran, he wouldn’t touch the Lords anointed, his spirit is different than some on this forum, he didn’t fight he was meek! Jesus said, “if my kingdom was of this world, then would my servants fight.” His kingdom is a spiritual kingdom, so with the same rigor and determination you have to “make America great again” transform that into the spiritual kingdom of God. I think if we (myself included) do that well see the miracles and supernatural that God desires for us to see.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Moses didn’t “rebel” against Pharaoh! The children of Israel never left until he told them to go. You should ask yourself, “why wouldn’t just God tell Moses to go get them and head out of dodge?”

Is rebellion to man the same as rebellion to God? I’m shocked that you would even ask this question! Rebellion is Rebellion! Your trying to explain to me that there is a good rebellion. That’s like “Christian Cigarettes without the nicotine”, how can you truthfully tell me that you can rebel against man, and yet be in obedience to God. How can you hate your brother yet love a God you cant see?
Moses rebelled against Pharoah forty years before the Israelites left Egypt. Remember? Yet God still chose him to lead his people, and overlooked that witchcraft thing? You think?

Moses rebelled against Pharoah (his adoptive grandfather, no less) and God promoted him to leader.

Mose rebelled against God, and hit the rock instead of speaking to the rock, and God didn’t allow him to enter the promised land.

But you think rebellion is rebellion?

I think you’re wrong!
Old 11-20-2019, 08:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Were Oneness Pentecostals in rebellion when they left the AoG back in 1914?

Were Pentecostals in rebellion when they left their various denominations to form their own?

When 10 tribes rebelled against Rehoboam because of his tax policies and refusal to address the people's grievances, why did God forbid Judah from waging war against them? Why did God offer to make Jereboam's house like David's?

Was David in rebellion against Saul? Some preacher announces to David "You're the new king"... How were the people to know they weren't in rebellion by supporting David?

If ALL rebellion is sinful, we ALL better repent and go join the Roman Catholic church, or even revert back to the paganism of our ancestors, and stand for the glorious Roman Empire against all these rebellious "republics".
What he said, Nicodemus! Thank you Esaias. Also, read the fifth chapter of Acts. I’ll post it for you.

Acts 5

[17] Then the high priest rose up, and all they that were with him, (which is the sect of the Sadducees,) and were filled with indignation,
[18] And laid their hands on the apostles, and put them in the common prison.
[19] But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said,
[20] Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life.

The angel told them to speak in the temple.

But the high priest and Saducees commanded them not to. They rebelled against the Jewish leaders but obeyed God. Like this . . .

[27] And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,
[28] Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.

Do you think they were into witchcraft, since they obviously rebelled against authority?
Old 11-20-2019, 10:35 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Were the 3 Hebrew Children in rebellion for refusing to obey their governmental authority or how about Daniel?
Old 11-20-2019, 10:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Were the 3 Hebrew Children in rebellion for refusing to obey their governmental authority or how about Daniel?
We could go for days quoting examples. I’m not sure he can be convinced though. In his mind, rebellion is rebellion. Whether to God or man, doesn’t seem to matter.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
We could go for days quoting examples. I’m not sure he can be convinced though. In his mind, rebellion is rebellion. Whether to God or man, doesn’t seem to matter.
I’m currently driving through Texas right now, I’m looking forward to this civil discourse! I’m respond in a couple hours.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:07 AM
New User

Quote:
I’m currently driving through Texas right now, I’m looking forward to this civil discourse! I’m respond in a couple hours.
A donde vas?
Old 11-20-2019, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
A donde vas?
Buda, TX 15 miles south of Austin.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:14 PM
New User

Quote:
Buda, TX 15 miles south of Austin.
Ah, I thought our friend sent you for me.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
By all means, let’s keep it civil. Some of these discussions border on criminal!