Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-18-2020, 07:17 AM
Registered Member

Re: Sid Roth, Branham, Cain, and Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
There are no instances in the New or Old Testament where family members were called out.
I don't think it's necessary to have every specific instance of how the word of knowledge operates in the Bible for it to be of God. Jesus told Nathanael his name and where he was.

The point of the words about the family members included the thought that prayers for generations had taken place for family members, and that those prayers have gone up before God as a memorial and they are effective and working still today.

That struck the family members the most, since they started saying that was precisely the burden they had seeing as many family members had backslidden and they all sought God for generations.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 11-18-2020, 07:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
Who are these others? A couple of Youtubers?
Or some specific charismatic Trinitarians (like Sid Roth would normally have on).

Was there anything qualitatively different in the calling out than there was in the Sid Roth vid in the OP?

Thanks!

Yes...

Background. My mother was used mightily in the Spirit as a teen and prophesied of a couple of false prophets coming by their church. It later did happen and the church was prepared to deal with them. My mother had not been used in the last several years like that, though. And Reed foretold her being used again, not knowing she had been used to that degree. And mom told me the other week she gave a word for the first time in years, and the church exploded into a burden of worship and prayer.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 11-18-2020, 07:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Mike this was done to anoint a king.

These were specific instructions and not meant to be done as a practice.
But it still shows God revealing to someone something that was actual and could not be known but by God's revelation. Anointing a king was a unique situation, but not every king had this happen when they were anointed.

Old 11-18-2020, 08:43 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I don't think it's necessary to have every specific instance of how the word of knowledge operates in the Bible for it to be of God. Jesus told Nathanael his name and where he was.

The point of the words about the family members included the thought that prayers for generations had taken place for family members, and that those prayers have gone up before God as a memorial and they are effective and working still today.

That struck the family members the most, since they started saying that was precisely the burden they had seeing as many family members had backslidden and they all sought God for generations.
Brother you and I always point to how they operated in the New Testament.
Also plenty, and I do mean plenty, of non Christians operate the same way with telling names of family members, dead and alive. Things which have taken place. They are famous for doing these things. Anyway, a lot has been said of late concerning this election. Which wasn’t done in a corner. I hope the young chap was right. Time proves all things.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:46 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
But it still shows God revealing to someone something that was actual and could not be known but by God's revelation. Anointing a king was a unique situation, but not every king had this happen when they were anointed.
Like I said, there are many who are able to tell you about old cousin Virgil, Aunt Willa Mae Swampgizzard and her three children. They are world famous, and are also explainable.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Like I said, there are many who are able to tell you about old cousin Virgil, Aunt Willa Mae Swampgizzard and her three children. They are world famous, and are also explainable.
But God can do it as well. I happened to me in a couple of instances while ministering to people.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Brother you and I always point to how they operated in the New Testament.
Also plenty, and I do mean plenty, of non Christians operate the same way with telling names of family members, dead and alive. Things which have taken place. They are famous for doing these things. Anyway, a lot has been said of late concerning this election. Which wasn’t done in a corner. I hope the young chap was right. Time proves all things.

I'm just saying that, to me, ensuring someone calls out names of family members in the NT before believing God does that is like saying no one in the NT was healed of a broken elbow. And as Jesus named Nathanael and told him where he was under a fig tree, non-Christians do that, too.

Last edited by mfblume; 11-18-2020 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

I'm just saying that, to me, ensuring someone calls out names of family members in the NT before believing God does that is like saying no one in the NT was healed of a broken elbow. And as Jesus named Nathanael and told him where he was under a fig tree, non-Christians do that, too.
Yes.

Richard Alpert (Baba Ram Dass) tells about how he meet his Guru Neem karoli baba. How Guru Neem karoli baba read Richard Alpert's mail concerning the recent death of Alpert's mother. Which the very night before the meeting, Mr Alpert was gazing up into the stars and was thinking of the death of his mother. Guru Neem karoli baba tells Richard Alpert exactly what he was doing under the night sky before their meeting. Bhagwan Dass an American who was with Mr Alpert during this meeting associates what happens with Jesus. So, yes, these things happen with non Christians. ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name. Yet, these things are not what we are to be known for. Because there are so many others who are known for doing them as well. brother Blume, I have had many experiences with people who would read mail, and for tell future events. From my experiences it was always those who were nobodies, but were use for specific moments. But most of the guys who are taking the center ring, and under the spot light, usually are using other methods which aren't God. Just my opinion my dear brother and friend.

Old 11-18-2020, 01:13 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
But God can do it as well. I happened to me in a couple of instances while ministering to people.
Happened to you a couple of instances while you were ministering. Of course, but it isn't the vehicle which powers your ministry. You are a teacher, your ministry is holistic. If you start telling someone where their car keys are located, it is just a micro amount of what God uses you to do. I understand that Chris is a friend of yours. Ok, but Chris is no Michael Blume.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Happened to you a couple of instances while you were ministering. Of course, but it isn't the vehicle which powers your ministry. You are a teacher, your ministry is holistic. If you start telling someone where their car keys are located, it is just a micro amount of what God uses you to do. I understand that Chris is a friend of yours. Ok, but Chris is no Michael Blume.
To be fair, when you watch his church videos, he preaches and goes into some good depth in pastoring.