Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Sister Alvear

Preached last night!

Pastor Edinei (son) came over yesterday and asked me to speak in the evening service...I had company ALL day...church started at 5 and company left at ten till 5...so grabbed my Bible and run over to the church...my run is walking slow!
Anyway, I started to send a note to him to ask someone else because there are always those that LOVE the opportunity but I always feel I have to pray, read, study and then study some more...I really felt blank!

For some reason I opened my Bible to where Jacob foght with an Angel...the Lord spoke to my heart this is what I want you to read...and speak on, When God changes your name...

Strange God only changed his name after he hurt him! But hurt and tired he held on until he was blessed...

So simple I guess but the alter filled up as we all wept together knowing we are all flesh but if we fight and hold on long enough our blessing will come...

Used other examples I could think of at the moment...Abraham, Sara. Paul and even mentioned about Peter...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 06-01-2009, 11:33 AM
mary

Re: Preached last night!

I'd like to hear that one! Sounds like the type that would go into my permanent collection. I have some really good ones there-including:
The Race, Bro McMullen (sp?) about how marathon runners hit "the wall" a time when everything in them screams quit but they have to keep going
The Fragments That Remain, Bro Alvear (from LA) about the five loaves and two fish and the 12 baskets that were left and how there is so much in a good message there is more to glean later.
I Planned this Decision in My Right Mind, Bro Booker (about counting the cost before we start and then following through with God)

Your message would be in very good company!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Pastor Edinei (son) came over yesterday and asked me to speak in the evening service...I had company ALL day...church started at 5 and company left at ten till 5...so grabbed my Bible and run over to the church...my run is walking slow!
Anyway, I started to send a note to him to ask someone else because there are always those that LOVE the opportunity but I always feel I have to pray, read, study and then study some more...I really felt blank!

For some reason I opened my Bible to where Jacob foght with an Angel...the Lord spoke to my heart this is what I want you to read...and speak on, When God changes your name...

Strange God only changed his name after he hurt him! But hurt and tired he held on until he was blessed...

So simple I guess but the alter filled up as we all wept together knowing we are all flesh but if we fight and hold on long enough our blessing will come...

Used other examples I could think of at the moment...Abraham, Sara. Paul and even mentioned about Peter...
Sounds like a great message.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 06-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post

PROFOUND, Sis. Alvear!!!!

Hugs,

Falla39