Facebook

Notices

Missions Area Reports and photos from Missionaries

Old 09-30-2013, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

Re: We're losing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
So what exactly is the "true standard of obedience" and how does a person know if they've reached it? And, are the people of Peru more holy?
The only standard:

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matt 5:48

Until we understand that we will never understand the kingdom of God. Its not about "America".

Wherever a Christian is they must come out of the world and into kingdom obedience. Come out "from" and come "into".

The true intimacy with God that the believer looks for is found HERE.

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 1 John 2:5

Want PERFECT LOVE with God? The apostle tells us how to have it!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
The only standard:

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matt 5:48

Until we understand that we will never understand the kingdom of God. Its not about "America".

Wherever a Christian is they must come out of the world and into kingdom obedience. Come out "from" and come "into".

The true intimacy with God that the believer looks for is found HERE.

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 1 John 2:5

Want PERFECT LOVE with God? The apostle tells us how to have it!
Okay, so you, as well as the preacher in the video, leave things very vague. There is some sort of standard to reach, but no one will ever know if they've reached it.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 10-01-2013, 10:13 AM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Okay, so you, as well as the preacher in the video, leave things very vague. There is some sort of standard to reach, but no one will ever know if they've reached it.
Yes. Exactly. No one REALLY knows for sure exactly. We all hope we know. We can have faith we know. But... regardless of who it is that is so sure of what they know... we are all really in the same boat, and not one of us knows FOR SURE... until that day that we all stand before judgment. Then all of us will know. Not until then.

So, until then... we must each work out our own salvation, with faith, fear and trembling...
Old 10-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

If you are truly honest with your soul, and you have no known sin in your life, and you're living righteously, doing all that you know to do that is right, obeying all that you know to obey honestly, how can you not be sure? You just have to judge yourself correctly, like the word says, judge yourself, and you will not be judged. If you judged yourself correctly and honestly by the word in this life, you'll know. There shouldn't be any doubt, or second guessing. When Paul was heading to the grave, he knew that he was going to go to heaven after he passed, and he said that all who love the Lord's appearing would know too... (paraphrasing)
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

Let's not forget we are made righteous because of what Christ has done.

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 10-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieA27 View Post
If you are truly honest with your soul, and you have no known sin in your life, and you're living righteously, doing all that you know to do that is right, obeying all that you know to obey honestly, how can you not be sure? You just have to judge yourself correctly, like the word says, judge yourself, and you will not be judged. If you judged yourself correctly and honestly by the word in this life, you'll know. There shouldn't be any doubt, or second guessing. When Paul was heading to the grave, he knew that he was going to go to heaven after he passed, and he said that all who love the Lord's appearing would know too... (paraphrasing)
So sound. So easy to understand.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
Let's not forget we are made righteous because of what Christ has done.
Yes I think every Christian knows that. What we have forgotten is that only those who actually DO RIGHTEOUSNESS are righteous before God.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 1 John 3:7

We are supposed to be righteous EVEN AS HE IS RIGHTEOUS.

That just means we are supposed to be righteous even as Jesus is righteous.

THIS is the real problem among believers. They are not being taught TO BE LIKE JESUS!
Old 10-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
OK I actually did watch the video. However I am in this thread because it was being asked how to come out of Babylon or the world.

My answer is very clear. The way is to separate our lives to the commandments of Christ. Let his words direct all that we do. That is not vague. I cant tell you everything he requires. He requires many things. Study to show yourself approved to God a workman that needs not be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth. Our lives are to be transformed to be like him.

If one is serious about kingdom living here is where it starts.

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

The great commission.

Separate your life unto him. That is not vague. Just learn his will and then walk in it.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:17
Old 10-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Yes. Exactly. No one REALLY knows for sure exactly. We all hope we know. We can have faith we know. But... regardless of who it is that is so sure of what they know... we are all really in the same boat, and not one of us knows FOR SURE... until that day that we all stand before judgment. Then all of us will know. Not until then.

So, until then... we must each work out our own salvation, with faith, fear and trembling...
John says we can have confidence in the day of judgment if one thing is true in us.

17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 1 John 4:17

If we are like Jesus we can be bold in the day of judgment. If we are not like him we will be very afraid.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
John says we can have confidence in the day of judgment if one thing is true in us.

17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 1 John 4:17

If we are like Jesus we can be bold in the day of judgment. If we are not like him we will be very afraid.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf