Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Welcome Mat
Facebook

Notices

The Welcome Mat Welcoming New Members! Are you new to AFF? Here's a forum where you can report in and introduce yourself!

Old 09-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Registered Member

Question Confused

Ive been raised in Apostolic Penticostal but have not been to churc h since i was 14.. Ive now recently had a strong urge to return to god. But my thing is im confused on some beliefs now..Since I am older and more able to understand Idk I have a friend that is trinity and somethings she says makes sense but some dont and thaTs why ive come here to see ur view on it well i was reading through scriptures and came across ACTS 7:55 and it sorta has me confused it seems to be what trinity believes right? Idk im reading from the kjv ...I just thought that someone that is closer to the word of God might be able to shande some light on it please and ty for the help
Old 09-26-2009, 05:55 AM
Registered Member

Re: Confused

Welcome Tasha.
There are a lot of different views here. There are many of us who can give you opinions, please do not let bickering deter you from asking all the questions you want.

"You will be hated for my sake-Just remember that it should be for MY sake and not YOURS-
Do NOT act in such a way as to be offensive, and then blame it on me"

Love, God
Old 09-26-2009, 10:39 AM
of 9!! :)

Tasha, you will get many differing opinions about things here, some that might even confuse you further.

My humble advice to you would be to search for a good church in your area and ask to talk with the pastor and his wife about your concerns.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaHardin View Post
Ive been raised in Apostolic Penticostal but have not been to churc h since i was 14.. Ive now recently had a strong urge to return to god. But my thing is im confused on some beliefs now..Since I am older and more able to understand Idk I have a friend that is trinity and somethings she says makes sense but some dont and thaTs why ive come here to see ur view on it well i was reading through scriptures and came across ACTS 7:55 and it sorta has me confused it seems to be what trinity believes right? Idk im reading from the kjv ...I just thought that someone that is closer to the word of God might be able to shande some light on it please and ty for the help
Tasha; welcome to the forum. This is an excellent source for learning if u can cipher through some of the nonsense. To answer your question would take more time and I advise u to go online to www.christalone.org and read some articles there.

However, trinitarians (for the most part) believe in one God...just divided into three distinct personages which function independently from one another but in perfect harmony which make up the deity we all call God.

I was raised Oneness and can certainly see both sides of the coin. I have talked with many trinitarians who do not believe in 3 persons, but rather use that terminology to express their ideology or lack thereof.

Truth is; Jesus was a man sent from God who ascended back into the heavens, He (Christ) is our intercessor and Lord. We do not know if this biblical language is metaphorical or reality, so it's hard to decipher what Stephen was actually seeing. However if we take the bible at its word, Jesus (the resurrected man) is a separate entity from the presence of the eternal father.

I wouldn't stress out too much cause either way its not going to determine your salvation how u view the Godhead. When u pray, pray to your heavenly father in Jesus name as the bible instructs. If you are looking to find God, begin by developing a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
Tasha, you will get many differing opinions about things here, some that might even confuse you further.

My humble advice to you would be to search for a good church in your area and ask to talk with the pastor and his wife about your concerns.
I totally agree.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:

This is the best advice. AFF isn't going to do you any favors, will probably set you back.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 09-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
I totally agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
This is the best advice. AFF isn't going to do you any favors, will probably set you back.
I absolutely, 100% concur. Forums are not the place for struggling or confused Christians. You need to speak to a pastor or another Christian who you trust. Work these things out in person, and with God in prayer.

It is perfectly alright to call up a minister and say, "I have some questions; I'm confused about some things; can we make an appointment please, to discuss it?"

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 09-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
I totally agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
I absolutely, 100% concur. Forums are not the place for struggling or confused Christians. You need to speak to a pastor or another Christian who you trust. Work these things out in person, and with God in prayer.

It is perfectly alright to call up a minister and say, "I have some questions; I'm confused about some things; can we make an appointment please, to discuss it?"

Excellent advice, above. There is too many differening opinions here for someone who doesn't know or isn't sure of what they believe. It could cause you much more confusion. MissBrattified and Lacey have given you the best of advice.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Perfect advice!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
Excellent advice, above. There is too many differening opinions here for someone who doesn't know or isn't sure of what they believe. It could cause you much more confusion. MissBrattified and Lacey have given you the best of advice.
Errr, and Jason?

He is closest to THE TRUTH soooooo
Too many opinions doth spoil the soup!