Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

Update on son's surgery

Want to thank everyone for the prayers. My son had surgery last Thursday to remove his ear. Everything went fine. He seems to be in good spirits. He goes back to the doctor tomorrow to have the stitches removed. Then it will be 6 to 8 weeks before they can do plastic surgery.

He has three options. He can have an ear made that is removeable. The bad thing about this is that it can come off when it is not suppose to come off. He can have a form ear that attaches permanently and is covered with his skin. But the bad part about this one is if it get scratched at all it can become infected and have to be removed. Last he can have a rib removed and an ear made. The bad part about this one is that it takes about 2 weeks to recover from the surgery to remove the rib.

If anyone has any info about any of these I would appreciate it if you would let me know.

Also he goes back to the spine doctor on August 6 to see if his neck is healing. If it is then they won't have to do surgery. But if it isn't then he faces surgery to fuse his neck. Please be in prayer that it will be healing and they won't have to do surgery.

Once again we want to thank all of you for your prayers and kind words.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:21 PM
First Lady

Re: Update on son's surgery

Glad things are looking better.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Glad he is recovering and will continue to be in prayer for y'all.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 07-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King's Child View Post
Want to thank everyone for the prayers. My son had surgery last Thursday to remove his ear. Everything went fine. He seems to be in good spirits. He goes back to the doctor tomorrow to have the stitches removed. Then it will be 6 to 8 weeks before they can do plastic surgery.

He has three options. He can have an ear made that is removeable. The bad thing about this is that it can come off when it is not suppose to come off. He can have a form ear that attaches permanently and is covered with his skin. But the bad part about this one is if it get scratched at all it can become infected and have to be removed. Last he can have a rib removed and an ear made. The bad part about this one is that it takes about 2 weeks to recover from the surgery to remove the rib.

If anyone has any info about any of these I would appreciate it if you would let me know.

Also he goes back to the spine doctor on August 6 to see if his neck is healing. If it is then they won't have to do surgery. But if it isn't then he faces surgery to fuse his neck. Please be in prayer that it will be healing and they won't have to do surgery.

God is so good....I remember times when my child was growing up that He some serious health problems and God worked miracles. We'll be praying for your son.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Registered Member

Happy to hear the good report. I will continue to lift your son up in prayer.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:37 AM
the ultracon

may God bring complete help and healing to your son.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

Glad thing are better for your son. Praying that he will make the right choice.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Good news! Praying that God continue to heal and help you make the right decisions.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Registered Member

Continuing in prayer.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by King's Child View Post

Glad the surgery went well and I will be praying that you guys make the right choice about the new ear. It is really amazing what they can do these days.

Although the rib choice has the longest recovery if it is the best long term option that two weeks would fade to memory pretty quickly and that ear would be there the rest of their life.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"