Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Obituaries
Facebook

Notices

Old 01-23-2017, 12:29 PM
Registered Member

Marvin Gorman passes away

According to his FaceBook page, he died on January 4. I did not notice any posts about this. Forgive me if I am wrong.

I had a lengthy conversation last night with an AoG Sectional Presbyter of the Louisiana District. He advised me that Gorman had been reinstated with the AoG, something I was not aware of.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Re: Marvin Gorman passes away

Jimmy Swaggart exposed his adultery and brought down his ministry then Gorman turned right around and returned the favor!
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 01-24-2017, 06:53 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Jimmy Swaggart exposed his adultery and brought down his ministry then Gorman turned right around and returned the favor!
I'm not too sure anymore.

Once Originalist posted a video which brought up quite a few questions which (I feel) need some answers. All I'm saying is there might be more to the Swaggart scandal which never got out.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:37 AM
Retired Ninja

Oh, wow. I got the Holy Ghost in early 1992 at his church. He basically called me out to go up. He asked me, as I was sitting in my chair on my third visit there, "Have you received the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues?" My reply was, "Huh?" I had no idea what he was asking me. After asking me the third time I didn't want to look like an idiot, so I just said, "No."

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. - Psalm 51:17

Jude 21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And of some have compassion , making a difference : 23 And others save with fear, pulling [them] out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.