Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-03-2020, 07:26 AM
Registered Member

Re: The Manchild Ministry 45 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Many mistakenly believe the church is a separate entity from Israel. That is incorrect. The church is the 12 tribes of Israel which have entered the new covenant. The church has always been Israel since the Exodus, and still is. Israel is the BRIDE:

Jeremiah 3:12-14 KJV
Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the Lord ; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger for ever. [13] Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the Lord thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the Lord. [14] Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord ; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

Israel was divorced by God:

Isaiah 50:1 KJV
Thus saith the Lord, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.
Jeremiah 3:6-8 KJV
The Lord said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen that which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot. [7] And I said after she had done all these things, Turn thou unto me. But she returned not. And her treacherous sister Judah saw it. [8] And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Israel was to be restored under Messiah:

Hosea 1:9-11 KJV
Then said God, Call his name Lo-ammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God. [10] Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God. [11] Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.

This began to be fulfilled in the first century new covenant ekklesia:

Romans 9:22-26 KJV
What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: [23] And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, [24] Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? [25] As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. [26] And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

So the church is in fact reclaimed Israel, operating under the new covenant:

Ephesians 2:12-13 KJV
That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: [13] But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

The church is a part of Israel, it is that part which has entered the new covenant and which holds legal title to the name of Israel as the betrothed of God. It is described here:

Revelation 12:17 KJV
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
The modern errorists insist upon a clearly unbiblical narrative: "God had a bride in the old testament, Israel, but He divorced her and took a completely different bride in the new testament, the Church."

Sorry, but that is completely unbiblical. God had a bride in the old testament, Israel, and yes He divorced her. But He promised she would be brought back to Him.

Paul explained how the law has authority over a person until they die. So that a woman, married to a man, if she leaves her husband and shacks up or "marries" another man is an adulteress. Why? Because she is bound by the law to her first husband. But what happens if the husband dies? According to Paul and common sense, she is loosed from her first husband and is free to marry another.

Israel's husband incarnated and DIED. She was free from her first marriage. Is she free to marry somebody else? A pagan god? Her husband RESURRECTED so she could REMARRY HIM.

The Law says:
When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife. And if the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth it in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her to be his wife; Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.
(Deu 24:1-4)
The first husband had to die (and raise again) in order for God to reclaim His Bride. She had to be released from the law of marriage that prevented their reunion. Moreover, SHE has to die as well, which is what baptism is all about.
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
(Rom 7:4)
The church is new covenant Israel. Not a new entity that calls itself Israel, but Israel from the old testament entered into the new covenant. The church is not a separate entity from Israel.

The woman in Revelation 12 is Israel:
And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
(Rev 12:1)
Compare:
Thou art beautiful, O my love, as Tirzah, comely as Jerusalem, terrible as an army with banners. Turn away thine eyes from me, for they have overcome me: thy hair is as a flock of goats that appear from Gilead. Thy teeth are as a flock of sheep which go up from the washing, whereof every one beareth twins, and there is not one barren among them. As a piece of a pomegranate are thy temples within thy locks. There are threescore queens, and fourscore concubines, and virgins without number. My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her. Who is she that looketh forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners? I went down into the garden of nuts to see the fruits of the valley, and to see whether the vine flourished, and the pomegranates budded. Or ever I was aware, my soul made me like the chariots of Amminadib. Return, return, O Shulamite; return, return, that we may look upon thee. What will ye see in the Shulamite? As it were the company of two armies.
(Son 6:4-13)
Remember, Israel, the beloved bride of Jehovah, consisted of TWO HOUSES (Judah, and the rest of the tribes called Israel). Two hosts or armies, but ONE BELOVED BRIDE.

The twelve stars are the twelve tribes. The sun and moon are an allusion to Jacob and Rachel:

And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me. And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?
(Gen 37:9-10)
The sun and moon can certainly be compared to other things, as the "glory of God which clothes her and the glory of man which is under her feet". And certainly she is clothed with CHRIST who is the brightness and glory of the invisible God. But if anything these additional comparisons simply strengthen the fact that the woman is Israel, the BIDE OF JEHOVAH.

And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
(Rev 12:5)
Whom did Israel bring forth? Who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron? Who was in danger of being destroyed by the devil and the power of darkness, but who triumphed in victory and ASCENDED TO THE THRONE OF GOD? None other than Christ.

Is the church in view here? YES, insofar that the church is IN CHRIST:

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
(Rev 2:26-27)
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
(Rev 3:21)
The Bride is ISRAEL:

And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
(Rev 21:12)
The Bride is Israel UNDER THE NEW COVENANT:

And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
(Rev 21:14)
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
(Rev 12:17)
[/QUOTE] Did God divorce spiritual Israel or Natural Israel? In Jeremiah 3:8, it also refers to Judah as Israel’s sister, therefore I personally believe the Lord is dealing with literal nation’s rather than the spiritual church. I don’t believe God has ever has divorced Israel “the church”. The divorcement was to the “earthly nation” of Israel and that is where most dispensationalist come up with the Lord returning to national Israel. I personally suspect there will be no return to national Israel, because that would be going in reverse. The gospel is now available for the whole Earth, no matter the nationality.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Since the contrary to spiritual is carnal/natural, rather than physical, then a kingdom can be spiritual and physical. Is the church spiritual? Yes. Is the church physical? Yes. How so? Because the church is nothing else than real live physical people led by the Spirit of God.

You are welcome.
In my opinion this is the danger of looking at the kingdom or the church in a physical, natural way.

The way you described it reminds me of the old covenant, Brother, we are NO longer under the law. I may misunderstood the way you wrote, it just appeared to me as red flags.

You and I and everyone that is alive and breathing, are a physical, natural human being. If you or I are cut, we will bleed. There is a difference between our natural man and our spiritual man. The physical will breathe its last breathe one day, yet the spiritual man will live forever.

Just because we are part of the body of Christ and we’re breathing the air God created, that doesn’t mean the body of Christ is a physical, natural man. Just because we have been saved through the obedience of the Spirit, and yet all the while we’re alive physically, doesn’t make the Holy Ghost Physical. There is a difference between the physical and the spiritual, there always have and there always will be.

John 3:6 KJVS
[6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Romans 8:1 KJVS
[1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 14:17 KJVS
[17] For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Meat and Drink are natural, physical things, yet the kingdom of God is NOT that way.

John 18:36 KJVS
[36] Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

This world is natural, and physical, yet the Kingdom of God is NOT of this world.

This is I how view things, before its EVER written in the natural LAW it was first written Spiritually. Meaning, what happens in the physical realm, it was first started in the spirit.

This is why I say, the USA can go up in flames, and the kingdom of God wont even be touched. The church will continue on, we’re not part of a physical kingdom rather a spiritual one. Some in the next coming years may depart, yet the church goes on, it’s NOT DEPENDENT on the natural law, rather the SPIRITUAL law.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:47 AM
Registered Member

Saying that national Israel was God’s church, is like saying that all of religious Christianity is the Church. Many are called but few are chosen. The Old Testament Israel was priveleged with the oracles of God, but like the nations of the world today, most of them where sinners justifying themselves for being the seed of Abraham.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
John 6:63 KJVS
[63] It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 3:6 KJVS
[6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Galatians 3:3 KJVS
[3] Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Revelation 2:29 KJVS
[29] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Revelation 1:10 KJVS
[10] I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet.

Enjoy your carnal, physical kingdom.
The Holy Ghost reads the Bible and interprets it in you?
Old 12-03-2020, 07:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
It's called "midrash", it's a rabbinical interpretive approach that results in whatever far flung fantasy the interpreter can come up with. That's what you are describing. It has infected a lot of Christendom. We've seen it here on this thread, even.

Application of scripture can be tricky, hence Peter's warning about how the unstable wrest the scriptures to their own doom.
Interesting. That is why I refrain from "deep thinking" a verse or passage. I don't want to read between the lines or deep dive into a Bible verse or particular word.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

Did God divorce spiritual Israel or Natural Israel? In Jeremiah 3:8, it also refers to Judah as Israel’s sister, therefore I personally believe the Lord is dealing with literal nation’s rather than the spiritual church. I don’t believe God has ever has divorced Israel “the church”. The divorcement was to the “earthly nation” of Israel and that is where most dispensationalist come up with the Lord returning to national Israel. I personally suspect there will be no return to national Israel, because that would be going in reverse. The gospel is now available for the whole Earth, no matter the nationality.[/QUOTE]

I’m not saying this about Esaias.

I know preachers and saints that believe Old Nation of Israel is going to come back to God the Father, while the Church is the bride of Christ.

Matthew 23:37 KJVS
[37] O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

The great whore of Israel, that committed fornication with other nations, that played the role of the harlot against her true love.

John 19:15 KJVS
[15] But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.

The Lord divorced Old Covenant ISRAEL, in the New Covenant,

Galatians 3:28-29 KJVS
[28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
[29] And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Bloodline, Nationality, last name etc... doesn’t matter anymore.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
The Holy Ghost reads the Bible and interprets it in you?
I’m sorry, please explain.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Did God divorce spiritual Israel or Natural Israel? In Jeremiah 3:8, it also refers to Judah as Israel’s sister, therefore I personally believe the Lord is dealing with literal nation’s rather than the spiritual church. I don’t believe God has ever has divorced Israel “the church”. The divorcement was to the “earthly nation” of Israel and that is where most dispensationalist come up with the Lord returning to national Israel. I personally suspect there will be no return to national Israel, because that would be going in reverse. The gospel is now available for the whole Earth, no matter the nationality.
I’m not saying this about Esaias.

I know preachers and saints that believe Old Nation of Israel is going to come back to God the Father, while the Church is the bride of Christ.

Matthew 23:37 KJVS
[37] O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

The great whore of Israel, that committed fornication with other nations, that played the role of the harlot against her true love.

John 19:15 KJVS
[15] But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.

The Lord divorced Old Covenant ISRAEL, in the New Covenant,

Galatians 3:28-29 KJVS
[28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
[29] And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Bloodline, Nationality, last name etc... doesn’t matter anymore.[/QUOTE] Deuteronomy 24:1-4 forbids remarrying your exwife.

Last edited by good samaritan; 12-03-2020 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
I’m sorry, please explain.
Your carnal man reads the Bible, not your Holy Ghost. Your Holy Ghost just helps you understand it better.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
In scripture, eagles wings are God's care and protection

Deut 32
9 For the Lord's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

10 He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.

11 As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings:

12 So the Lord alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him.

13 He made him ride on the high places of the earth, that he might eat the increase of the fields; and he made him to suck honey out of the rock, and oil out of the flinty rock;

14 Butter of kine, and milk of sheep, with fat of lambs, and rams of the breed of Bashan, and goats, with the fat of kidneys of wheat; and thou didst drink the pure blood of the grape.
I explained that in Part 2. Yes.