Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Welcome Mat
Facebook

Notices

The Welcome Mat Welcoming New Members! Are you new to AFF? Here's a forum where you can report in and introduce yourself!

Old 08-03-2014, 08:46 AM
Registered Member

Hi everyone!

Hi! i'm 29 yrs old. I live in wisconsin with my husband and 2 dogs. I'm due in December with our first baby. I was raised in an apostolic church but my husband was raised JW. He got saved but the differences between our beliefs confused him and caused a lot of arguments. I try to make it to church whenever i can but always run into roadblocks either with the pregnancy or not having the gas to get there. Iv tried to contact the pastor about it but not getting any answers back.

I made a promise to God that i would do whatever it takes to raise my kids in the church when the time came. But i'm finding it hard to even close my eyes to start a prayer or open a bible.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:16 AM
Yeshua is God

Re: Hi everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovarlea View Post
Hi! i'm 29 yrs old. I live in wisconsin with my husband and 2 dogs. I'm due in December with our first baby. I was raised in an apostolic church but my husband was raised JW. He got saved but the differences between our beliefs confused him and caused a lot of arguments. I try to make it to church whenever i can but always run into roadblocks either with the pregnancy or not having the gas to get there. Iv tried to contact the pastor about it but not getting any answers back.

I made a promise to God that i would do whatever it takes to raise my kids in the church when the time came. But i'm finding it hard to even close my eyes to start a prayer or open a bible.
The man usually wants to be the leader of the house, and he may feel resentful that you want to be the spiritual leader of the house.

perhaps you need to talk this over.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

How do i let him be the spiritual leader. He has no problem raising the kids in onenesss but for some reason he cant even come to a service anymore. hed rather live in the world then choose between faiths because he's afraid his parents will disown him.i just dont know what to do....
Old 08-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
How do i let him be the spiritual leader. He has no problem raising the kids in onenesss but for some reason he cant even come to a service anymore. hed rather live in the world then choose between faiths because he's afraid his parents will disown him.i just dont know what to do....
Jesus said that we are to love him above our family.
All my family disowns me because I serve Jesus, my own mother has said that she would have preferred a thousand times more that I became a criminal than a Christian.

Should I then forsake Jesus and start selling drugs?

You need to tell him that you expect him to be the spiritual leader of the house and the one taking the family to church. That you want him to be walking upfront leading the family.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Registered Member

I feel so lost. he wants to start bible. study back up with JW then he's talking about wanting to take our child to their meetings. i feel. id i give him that responsibility he's gonna end up confusing our child. or commiting to being. a J W he won't set foot in the Pentecostal chururch cuz he's convinced that speaking and worshipping in tongues is devil worship. it doesn't helpp thay the church i introduced him to oneness. is more of an extremist type Pentecostal church i was raised in a more conservative church. which is almost exactly like the church that's i try to attend now
Old 08-03-2014, 01:53 PM
of 9!! :)

Hello Kovarlea! Welcome!

Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your
first baby!

I will sure help you pray about your situation at home.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:

My suggestion is not to argue at all. If he is interested he should pray and study it for himself.

I recommend www.onenesspentecostal.com

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for your prayers i'm attempting to go tonight and hubby said he might go with me. If anything he said he will help me remember.

Crossing my fingers!
Old 08-04-2014, 12:13 AM
Registered Member

Congrats on your first child. Will help you pray over everything. Sounds like you have a difficult situation. Be patient with your husband and stay close to God and he will direct your path.