Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Canadian Flavour
Facebook

Notices

Canadian Flavour FROM C2C ~The Canadian Corner~

Old 12-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Blessed View Post
I would like to confirm that SA did indeed preach at St. Stephen.

BTW, how would the Acts 2:38 message that SA or DC would preach be different from what anyone else would be preaching in AD? Is there more than one way to say, Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost?
Praise God!

Lord hasten the day when the Acts 2:38 banner is enough to gather all the Jesus Name people together. One Lord! One Faith! One Baptism!
Old 12-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. LPW View Post
Ok... I personally think our district (as a whole) is very liberal compared to others I've visited... We have a few conservative pastors, and a few very liberal.. most are in the middle somewhere... IMO.

But... what would you consider liberal Triple?
But, don't you know what happens to folks who travel in the middle of the road? They get run over, right?????

WRONG! The road I'm on is "The Way" which is, the last time I checked, a one-way street. There's no oncoming traffic to concern anyone who is following Jesus Christ on the road to our eternal destiny. There's not even a middle of the road. It's a narrow way that only allows room for Jesus and whoever is traveling this road with Him.

All these "pigeon holes" are for those, who like the pigeons, enjoy p _ _ ping on things, and whose brains are not much larger than the pigeon and therefore have no discretion when it comes to dealing with folks who don't agree with them.

The Bible instructs us to respect all who are part of the family of God.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:26 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Compared to even 15 years ago I would say we're a lot more liberal!
15 years ago, NB first got electricity...you need to get out girl and see the world, then come back and tell me again that NB is liberal, he he!
Old 12-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Ok... I personally think our district (as a whole) is very liberal compared to others I've visited... We have a few conservative pastors, and a few very liberal.. most are in the middle somewhere... IMO.

But... what would you consider liberal Triple?
Well since you asked I consider anyone who believes less than I do as liberal,those who believe more as conservative and those that believe as I do as moderate.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
15 years ago, NB first got electricity...you need to get out girl and see the world, then come back and tell me again that NB is liberal, he he!
Like I said before Jon, the term liberal is relative it seems. What I call liberal may not be what you call liberal. But if you had been in our district when I was a child you would see a difference.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 12-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
But, don't you know what happens to folks who travel in the middle of the road? They get run over, right?????

WRONG!

Agreed!
Old 12-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLE E View Post
Well since you asked I consider anyone who believes less than I do as liberal,those who believe more as conservative and those that believe as I do as moderate.
Didn't realize moderate was an option.. AD is moderately liberal then...
Until I joined this forum I never heard tell of moderate and ultra-con.. you were either liberal or conservative... and like you, if you believed less than myself you were what I called liberal... if you wore a hat you were conservative.

I still think AD is a lot more liberal than it's Nova Scotian brethren to the east... or it's Maine brethren to the south.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:36 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLE E View Post
He he, your the best EEE, you crack me up.

On the same topic, if you really want to know how liberal/conservative a district is, go to a Wal-Mart or a mall and look at our women. There is a jean skirt-Tennis shoe ratio formula that exists, use that, and then you will know how liberal a district is. By my count, due to a recent trip to the Regent Mall, conservatisim is still pretty strong in our area!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

Ugh. Jean skirt and tennis shoes together.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Live like it.

Quote:

WRONG! The road I'm on is "The Way" which is, the last time I checked, a one-way street. There's no oncoming traffic to concern anyone who is following Jesus Christ on the road to our eternal destiny. There's not even a middle of the road. It's a narrow way that only allows room for Jesus and whoever is traveling this road with Him.

All these "pigeon holes" are for those, who like the pigeons, enjoy p _ _ ping on things, and whose brains are not much larger than the pigeon and therefore have no discretion when it comes to dealing with folks who don't agree with them.

What constitutes a pigeon hole?