Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

View Poll Results: Do you believe in sinless perfection?
Yes we can cease from sin. 9 90.00%
No one will always be prone to sin. 1 10.00%
We all sin everyday. 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2018, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

Re: Sinless Perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
That’s rather extreme, don’t you think? You follow the law to what extent?
To get a certificate of marriage. That's all I'm saying

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 05-30-2018, 06:20 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Texas
——-

What constitutes common law marriage in the state of Texas?
A valid common law marriage in Texas is where a man and woman become husband and wife without getting a marriage license and having a marriage ceremony. Once established, a common law marriage has the same legal effect as a ceremonial marriage. (3) Told others (hold yourselves out) that you are married.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
The "law of the land" allowed the husband to write up the "get", or divorce decree. It wasn't a state issued paper either. Lol
It is in our society Aquila. Your missing what I'm saying I'm not talking about in Jerusalem.

This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 05-30-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
To get a certificate of marriage. That's all I'm saying
Why?
Old 05-30-2018, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Texas
——-

What constitutes common law marriage in the state of Texas?
A valid common law marriage in Texas is where a man and woman become husband and wife without getting a marriage license and having a marriage ceremony. Once established, a common law marriage has the same legal effect as a ceremonial marriage. (3) Told others (hold yourselves out) that you are married.
I'm saying God doesn't recognize that as a marriage covenant.

SUBSCRIBE!
Old 05-30-2018, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Why?
Because that's the way true marriage is designed. Because everything is to be done decently and in order. What you are proposing is spiritual Russian roulette.

My Bible says "flee also youthful lusts."

SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 05-30-2018 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
I'm saying God doesn't recognize that as a marriage covenant.
Why not? It’s a legal marriage in Texas.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Why not? It’s a legal marriage in Texas.
Because it came about from you living in sin. You were already shacking up. Nothing about that is decently and in order. That is the quickest way to ruin your relationship. That is spiritual Russian roulette. Nothing about that is making a covenant before God, also witnessed in the eyes of man. That's classy fornication bro.

SUBSCRIBE!
Old 05-30-2018, 07:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Man that's what I can't take brother. Because I realize by just agreeing with these things, I'm giving them my approval. I try to make it quite clear I don't approve. That what their saying is off. It may seem I'm some stickler for righteousness. But, my prayer daily is that I can be right before God. Then I come in here and people are saying everything from its ok to cross dress, abortion, gay marriage is ok, drinking and drugging is cool, breaking the law can be righteous and not immoral, now to common law marriage is recognized by God! Man even if they don't listen I got to say something or I feel like I approved of that foolishness. All I know is if I was going to go to hell, Id be living it up, not living on the fringes faking and shaking!

Both ways lead to the same exact place!
Ummm.... Common law marriage predates civil marriage. In early America, all marriages were common law. Civil marriage licensing as you know it didn't begin until the 1920's, and mixed couples and gays were denied licenses. It wasn't until Lovings vs. Virginia in 1969 that mixed couples won the right to marriage licensing. Then it became a "civil rights" issue, enter the effort of gays to win right to the marriage license, which they eventually won. Frankly, if marriage has remained under common law, gay marriage would have been next to impossible, because marriage was defined by common practice, not civil law. The effort of the state to seize control of marriage to generate revenue through divorce courts opened the door for all this marriage madness. It also made divorce lucrative by various statutes of reward. Lastly, it was the government that passed the "no fault" divorce statute that eliminated grounds for divorce. If memory serves me correctly, it was Governor Ronald Reagan of California that signed the first of such laws, making civil marriage the greatest high stakes gamble of an Americans life. With no fault divorce statutes, the security previously provided by civil marriage was eliminated. Now, under such statutes, it doesn't matter who's at fault, all must be liquidated and divided down the middle unless the couple agrees to specific property to be kept.

Civil marriage has done more to damage the marriage covenant than anything else. Divorce is lucrative, anyone will soon be legally able to marry anything, it's madness.

Learn your history about marriage. You'll be surprised how the civil marriage is a government construct that has nearly destroyed what marriage was intended to be. I assure you that you'll at least understand why a number of couples like us, and other libertarian types, don't want anything to do with any of it. Most don't discover this until divorce court and they, the innocent party, are wiped out, with the court saying, "We no longer seek to find fault unless there is criminal activity or severe abuse."

You find yourself losing half of what you worked for, in addition to paying spousal support to fund the party life of the adulteress that betrayed you as she and her man tramp laugh it up on the town.

Last edited by Aquila; 05-30-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Because it came about from you living in sin. You were already shacking up. Nothing about that is decently and in order. That is the quickest way to ruin your relationship. That is spiritual Russian roulette. Nothing about that is making a covenant before God, also witnessed in the eyes of man. That's classy fornication bro.
What if they decide to do common law before moving in together?