Facebook

Notices

Marriage Matters For discussion of Marital issues

Old 03-09-2020, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Actually the basis for this preachers marriage doctrine is, if you come to God with a 2nd, 3rd etc... marriage the person your with is NOT your spouse! Acts 2:38 experience or not, the person you married the first time is your real spouse. Of course if that first husband or wife is still alive, nothing breaks the covenant.
Renember, the 1st marriage needs to be a covenant spouse.

If your “1st marriage” is adultery for your (divorced) spouse, then that was not a marriage and not binding, it should be left, and you are single.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
Renember, the 1st marriage needs to be a covenant spouse.

If your “1st marriage” is adultery for your (divorced) spouse, then that was not a marriage and not binding, it should be left, and you are single.
Explain what you mean by covenant spouse?
Old 03-09-2020, 10:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter83 View Post
Fornication happens to unmarried
He didn't say for the cause of adultery but fornication.
Adultery was not just a reason for divorce but to be stoned to death.
So the only reason was if when he married found his wife non Virgin . That's means she fornicates before the marriage and so marriage was not valid (like Joseph wanted to do with Mary when he learned she was pregnant).
Don't forget this cause if fornication was written only in Matthew and was an answer to a question asked by Jews under the law.

Of course today the only reason to put aside a woman (you see? Never uses the word divorce) is if there is any fornication. Thats is every unlawful relationship.
For example the relationship which had the Corinthian man with his Mother in law was described as Fornication and the only cure is repent and brake the unlawful relationship.
Actually Paul said that Marriage is to be in order to avoid Fornication. we avoid fornication (unmarried, unlawful relationship) with Marriage we don't avoid marriage with fornication
Amen.
. Fornication is illicit sexual behavior. Married or unmarried. If Moses gave a bill of divorcement for fornication before marriage then it is a given that divorce would be permissible if fornication took place after marriage. I agree people would of been stoned for adultary in the Bible, but how does that apply for today? We don’t stone people in western culture. Fornication is equivalent to adultary, but is a much more broad term. I think we over complicate this subject trying to be hermeneutically correct. If someone is cheating or physically abusing someone else then divorce is a reasonable decision. Otherwise, wives should submit to their husbands and husbands should love their wives until the Lord calls them home.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:15 AM
Registered Member

There are circumstances that sometimes lead up to adultary or abuse. For example: A spouse refuses to provide for the physical needs of their other spouse. Or maybe one is antagonizing or instigating violence from their partner. I think once a marriage has reached either of these points, the people aren’t serving the Lord. People May sometimes meet the criteria for a divorce, but God knows all the circumstances that created that environment. We can’t adequately judge what took place in someone else’s marriage. Neither can we give a pass for divorce in another person’s situation. They will answer to God for the success or failure of their own marriage.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
Quote:
Fornication is illicit sexual behavior. Married or unmarried
No fornication is between unmarried or unlawful marriage.Actually Marriage is the cure to avoid fornication ,not to brake marriage through fornication1
2 Nevertheless, [to avoid] fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
Quote:
If Moses gave a bill of divorcement for fornication before marriage then it is a given that divorce would be permissible if fornication took place after marriage.
Moses said Adultery was to be punishes to death. No divorce
Divorce could happen if after one married his wife discovers that she was not virgin, and that means she fornicated (before marriage) just like Joseph thought about Marries pregnancy.
And they had 2 choices. Stone her to death or divorce her in secret (like never any marriage happened)
<19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just [man], and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.
Dont forget thjat only Matthew has this <<exception> and that the audience were Jews.
They asked him something according to the law <<3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?>>
That was because Moses gave them this law but was not clear enough.
Some more liberal Jews though that for every reason they are premoitted to doivrse while some more conservatives thought to be only the rerason of fornication (they found her not virgin)
1<< When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give [it] in her hand, and send her out of his house.1>>
Quote:
I agree people would of been stoned for adultary in the Bible, but how does that apply for today? We don’t stone people in western culture. Fornication is equivalent to adultery, but is a much more broad term.
Yes today we are not under the law! We are back to what God wanted us to do from the beginning.
The word divorce not even exist in the New Testament, only the act of <putting away> . Jesus himself told to the Jews that is not the will of God to divorce :
<<6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.>>

Now we have the Spirit! we dont have a hurd heart and make it to heaven!
Quote:
I think we over complicate this subject trying to be hermeneutically correct. If someone is cheating or physically abusing someone else then divorce is a reasonable decision..
Its a Hell or Heaven issue we cant leave our brother walk his way to hell!
If one leaves his wife then he is responsible for her adultery (Jesus said).
Of course There are some situations were you just cant keep marriage! i means can not continue living under the same roof:
if a man leaves his wife, she is the innocent victim . If she leaves him ,he is the innocent victim. (maybe)
Or if she cant stay with him because of violence ,abuse,cheating etc.
Then is permitted to lieve separate but stay Unmarried or forgive one the other ans be together again :10 And unto the married I command, [yet] not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from [her] husband:
1 Cor.7:11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to [her] husband: and let not the husband put away [his] wife.
Quote:
Otherwise, wives should submit to their husbands and husbands should love their wives until the Lord calls them home.
Marriage is a type of Jesus and His Church relashionship.
Jesus has Only One Wife!
Eph.5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. How you summit to the Lord? You can marry an other? Its only Lord or Satan (any other lord).If He divorce us, then there is not any other husband choice. Just Satan..
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so [let] the wives [be] to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife [see] that she reverence [her] husband.

So far so log (if you still here sorry for the large post..
39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.
If a man losses his legs?she is bound to him
If he is on prison? bound to him
If she got fat? bound to him
Is she losses her hair? bound
If they are bored? she is bond
Only death can separate.
for what ever reason:
Old 03-09-2020, 09:12 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
. Fornication is illicit sexual behavior. Married or unmarried. If Moses gave a bill of divorcement for fornication before marriage then it is a given that divorce would be permissible if fornication took place after marriage. I agree people would of been stoned for adultary in the Bible, but how does that apply for today? We don’t stone people in western culture. Fornication is equivalent to adultary, but is a much more broad term. I think we over complicate this subject trying to be hermeneutically correct. If someone is cheating or physically abusing someone else then divorce is a reasonable decision. Otherwise, wives should submit to their husbands and husbands should love their wives until the Lord calls them home.
Christendom has for some 2000 years taken the approach that if the civil powers do not punish adultery as a capital crime, then adultery is valid grounds for divorce, and remarriage, because the guilty spouse is reckoned as dead. That is, they would be dead if God's law were enforced, since God's law is not enforced the church treats the guilty as if they were in fact dead as far as the marriage is concerned.

Also up until about 50-70 years ago Christians did not get divorces without approval from their church leadership. Thus divorces would have undergone an investigation by the church to determine if a valid divorce was possible. Nowadays church is a weekend social event and most don't care what the church thinks or says. If one's church disapproves just go find another church that "meets your needs/wants" etc. Churches will have no impact on the issue unless and until Christians rediscover the doctrine or "theology" of AUTHORITY and LAW.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-09-2020, 09:18 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

How many preachers actually preach from the pulpit that anyone in a second (or more) marriage must leave their current spouse or burn in hell? How many evangelistic messages get preached to sinners that before they can be baptised they must dissolve their current marriage if the first spouse is still alive?

I suspect the number is pretty close to less than .01% of preachers/churches in the land today.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-09-2020, 09:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
How many preachers actually preach from the pulpit that anyone in a second (or more) marriage must leave their current spouse or burn in hell? How many evangelistic messages get preached to sinners that before they can be baptised they must dissolve their current marriage if the first spouse is still alive?

I suspect the number is pretty close to less than .01% of preachers/churches in the land today.
I don’t even think Paul taught that.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:23 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
I don’t even think Paul taught that.
But there are several here who seem to teach/believe exactly that: all second marriages are adultery (unless the person was the innocent party in a previous divorce-due-to-adulter).

Old 03-09-2020, 10:13 PM
Registered Member

I don't recall David being told to put Bath Sheba away because she was married to another man. No wait a minute, David killed her husband. Strange that God used that union to bring about the Messiah if today we must put away are wives if we have had a past failed marriage. I keep hearing people on here saying that you should put away a spouse because of past divorce and remain celabate.

I don't see anywhere in the scripture where a man is forbidden from taking on a second or third marriage, because polygymy was fluent in the old and new testament (even among Gods elect). Adultery was only mentioned when married women were involved. Married men slept with harlots all through the scriptures, but never referenced as adulterers except if it took place with another married women. Men could take on a second or third wife so long as he never failed his duties to provide for all their physical needs. So men who come to God and have divorced while they were in sin must now leave their wives who they have remarried?

There is a reason Paul made the statment that it is better to marry than to burn. I am sure there are some men out there that survive without female companionship, but I don't believe that life is going to be for everybody. I am not going to say who is okay and who is not to remarry because they are going to have answer to God for that themselves. This theology of putting away second marriages has too many holes in it.

If I was a man that was remarried with multiple children I would choose to wait on God for some direction before I ever would let men tell me that I must divorce my current wife. If I knew it was God that would be one thing, but there are too many holes in the theology of putting away a second wife.