Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2019, 07:43 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Prayer for my Sister

My Sister and I had a less than ideal childhood, like many others.

Both my Dad and Mom came from similar homes. Coal Miner Fathers, illiterate Mothers, large, poor families.

Dad joined the army to get away. He served in WW2, Korea, and Viet Nam. Distinguished himself and retired as a Colonel. Drank heavily and kept to himself. Mom never finished high school. Mom was verbally abusive to all of us.

When my Sister was a preteen, Dad left us and Mom had a nervous breakdown. The local priest came to comfort us and started spending time with my Sister. He molested her (without taking her virginity).

Sister withdrew to a fantasy world which included a crush on Donny Osmond and an obsession with the Osmond family, the family she never had. (they are Mormons).

My Sister received the Holy Ghost and Jesus name baptism at 17. She never married, so has no children. She is still obsessed with the Osmonds. She spends an unreasonable portion of her income to follow them around the country, shirking responsibility to do so.

Whenever I point out to her that she is promoting a cult, she becomes very angry and abusive towards me.

I am praying that God will open her eyes to see that her obsession borders on idolatry. Not to mention she is wasting her time and money.

This weekend she is at a Mormon retreat. Pray that God will open her eyes and she will find the false doctrine repulsive.