Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-15-2019, 07:39 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Generational Curses?

If death and life are in the power of the tongue, and there's a brother you know dealing with say digestive problems or lack of sleep, and you tell him it's a demon that he opened the door to and it's got a hold of him, when in fact he needs to quit eating garbage store bought processed or fast "food" and replace the cruddy LED lights in his house with old fashioned incandescents, is it possible to be speaking death into his life instead of life?

I absolutely believe there are demons, and there are lots of issues people have that often involve demons, but let me ask you this:

1 Cor 5, why did Paul say nothing about the fornicator or the church having demons running loose? 1 Cor 11, no mention of a spirit of perversion or Jezebel or Judas spirit, 1 Cor 12 no mention of spirit of jealousy, 1 Cor 14 no Jezebel spirit,? 1 Tim 5:23 no deliverance from a spirit of often infirmities but instead a prescription to drink wine? 2 Tim 4:20 Trophimus left behind because sick? No deliverance for him?

I cite these in order to show that Biblically not all or even most sin, sickness, and disorder is the work of demons, requiring extensive deliverance methods. You ask about "fighting devils praying over someone" but where is that "fighting" displayed in scripture? Demons were either cast out or not, I just don't see long drawn out "deliverance sessions" with multiple repeated attempts like is common in the deliverance circuit. Something isn't adding up.

Granny Badnews you mentioned, yeah she spoke death into that man's life. As a man thinketh in his heart so is he. If you believe you are a failure you will act like one. That's why it's a sin to send kids to atheist-run public schools, they teach kids they are just upright monkeys descended from slime that accidentally became alive. But did Granny give the boy a demon?

Curses and blessings are very real. I had a thread or two on the subject years back, folks seemed to not want to face the Biblical truth about curses and spiritual warfare, preferring instead to slumber in a Star Wars induced fantasy delusion. Truth is, ABC network might as well stand for Antichrist Broadcasted Curses network.

I know too many these days want pop psychology and humanistic answers to problems, but the "spiritual" answer isn't to just call everything a demon and go into exorcist mode. The sword of the Spirit is the proclaimed Word of God, THAT is what saved ME from demons and everything else I ever needed saving from.

Again, not trying to be combative here. Appreciate your input. What do you think about the verses I mentioned? Why the apparent difference between Paul's actions and a lot of what goes on now in the name of deliverance ministry?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Last edited by Esaias; 10-15-2019 at 08:21 PM. Reason: typoes - aaargh!!
Old 10-15-2019, 07:45 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Regarding Job, assuming the satan there was in fact "THE Satan" (a disembodied or discarnate demonic entity), I notice he did nothing without God's permission, and in fact Job's problems were brought on by God essentially making a bet with the devil, not by Job opening doors and entertaining demons. And, there was no deliverance ministry involved, God just restored him and blessed him. So I'm not sure how Job ties into this subject?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-15-2019, 08:29 PM
New User

‘Twasn’t a Harry Potter fantasy?
Old 10-15-2019, 08:42 PM
Administrator

If you were talking to a detective about a gang he had investigated for a number of years, or rather, if you were talking with a member of that gang, who had lived that life for his first 20 or 30, who had gotten out all the way, who do you suppose was the greater expert? Who might have more reliable insights?

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 10-15-2019, 08:48 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
If you were talking to a detective about a gang he had investigated for a number of years, or rather, if you were talking with a member of that gang, who had lived that life for his first 20 or 30, who had gotten out all the way, who do you suppose was the greater expert? Who might have more reliable insights?

Old 10-15-2019, 08:49 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
‘Twasn’t a Harry Potter fantasy?
Lol not even sure what you mean but in 4 the lulz.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:54 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
I'll just say this about that: I know what witchcraft smells like, and I've smelled an awful lot of witchcraft masquerading as "deliverance" and charismaniac nonsense.

I'm NOT saying that about anyone here on this thread, I'm just saying there's a lot of ideas floating in a lot of Christians' heads that didn't come from the Bible, but sure look like the stuff Regardie and Gardner and Crowley and others (Kenyon?) liked to promote...

Old 10-15-2019, 09:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Regarding Job, assuming the satan there was in fact "THE Satan" (a disembodied or discarnate demonic entity), I notice he did nothing without God's permission, and in fact Job's problems were brought on by God essentially making a bet with the devil, not by Job opening doors and entertaining demons. And, there was no deliverance ministry involved, God just restored him and blessed him. So I'm not sure how Job ties into this subject?
No sir a deliverance ministry as you think wasn’t involved. But behind Job’s family loss, behind the loss of all his possessions, behind his wife’s mocking, behind his disease filled body, behind his friends doubt was a spirit. And I asked that question because I wanted to see how you would answer.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I'll just say this about that: I know what witchcraft smells like, and I've smelled an awful lot of witchcraft masquerading as "deliverance" and charismaniac nonsense.

I'm NOT saying that about anyone here on this thread, I'm just saying there's a lot of ideas floating in a lot of Christians' heads that didn't come from the Bible, but sure look like the stuff Regardie and Gardner and Crowley and others (Kenyon?) liked to promote...
Just remember brother they said Jesus had a devil. When someone comes and goes against someone’s theology it’s worse than slapping his kids. This kingdom is not meat and drink, it’s not physical, it’s 100% spiritual. Funny thing is this thread is Generational Curse, and I think the movement is in a generational curse.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:27 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
It was asked why was God the only one to recognize Job. I have never heard that mention before. But I know why. Because the question had nothing to do with the story of Job. Also it would be conjecture to even try to answer the question. Job is about a guy doing the right thing. His extra spiritual friends hearing he came on bad times and they coming to comfort him. Upon seeing his state, they decide to beat him up, instead of encouraging him. They proceed to tell him since he is in such horrible situation it must be because of his lousy spiritual state. The devil is killing his children and destroying his finances because he is such a spiritual slob. But the exact oposite is true. Job is in the situation because God knows that Job can take anything Satan can throw at him.
In the end of Job, God wants to kill Job’s miserable comforters. God only asks Job to pray for these jokers.

In Christianity anyone who has a hard time has to deal with those who aren’t. The ones who have picture perfect lives have the extreme pleasure to be able to barbecue those who have fallen on hard times. Death of a child who was once living for God, but died of a heroin overdose is met with fake sympathy. Because they know the parents must of been in sin. After all God doesn’t allow good people to suffer or their children begging bread. Therefore we take those scripture and proceed to kill the Jobs of Christianity softly. Yes, yes, they must of done something wrong, they must have. We eventually leave them in their snot bubbles and tears. Because they refused to fess up to their crimes.