Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
brother ray kloepper, holy ghost, pastor michael williams, pentecostals of apopka, prayer

Old 08-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

I LOVE the Pentecostals of Apopka!

They sent me a postcard today!

The church Secretary, Sis Barbara Hutching, circled the part that said they missed me and she circled it and put her initials next to it.

I know she knew that specific post card was going to me!

Pastor Michael Williams and Brother Ray Kloepper are AMAZING preachers of the WORD!

That church has had some phenomenal worship leaders-- Brother Deano Graham, Brother Derek Arms, and there's Brother John-Paul Bellamy and now they have Brother James Simms from Kansas City? I think.

There's a part of me that really, really, really misses that AMAZING church!

Those precious people prayed for me when I was in Afghanistan and Iraq!

When a mortar round landed behind me and knocked me to the ground, it was THEIR prayers that sent angels to protect me-- the shrapnel hit the wall of the building close by, but not one piece of shrapnel pierced my skin!

I know others prayed for me too-- like my parents and maybe a few on AFF and a couple of folks at the UPCI church right outside of Baltimore that I attended briefly.

But the Pentecostals of Apopka is a VERY special church-- there are a few saints that who really know how to pray and they live lives that allow their prayers to avail much!

Precious people indeed!

I miss them.

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 08-30-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Registered Member

Re: I LOVE the Pentecostals of Apopka!

God hears the prayers of Sister Kim Griffith. The Lord has used her so many times to minister to me. She lives her life in a way that when she prays, Heaven moves.

She's not loud or boisterous at all, but her prayers are mighty.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

In my heart, I truly believe salvation is birthed in the heart of a repentant sinner at faith.

Even so, it matters how one lives. It matters so, so much!

I need to have a consecration, a conviction-- something that encourages spiritual discipline and the death of my carnality.

See, here's the value of convictions-- it isn't salvational, but just because it is not salvational it doesn't mean that there isn't any value to individual convictions.

When the Holy Ghost is the source of one's convictions, those convictions will stand the questioning of the ignorant and the logic of the Christians who want to convince you that it's simply not necessary and so, vain.

The prayers of carnal Christians are powerless-- even though they may even still be saved.

Sanctification happens in God's time in the lives of His people.

Holiness is still a command.

I want my heart to love Jesus.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
They sent me a postcard today!

The church Secretary, Sis Barbara Hutching, circled the part that said they missed me and she circled it and put her initials next to it.

I know she knew that specific post card was going to me!

Pastor Michael Williams and Brother Ray Kloepper are AMAZING preachers of the WORD!

That church has had some phenomenal worship leaders-- Brother Deano Graham, Brother Derek Arms, and there's Brother John-Paul Bellamy and now they have Brother James Simms from Kansas City? I think.

There's a part of me that really, really, really misses that AMAZING church!

Those precious people prayed for me when I was in Afghanistan and Iraq!

When a mortar round landed behind me and knocked me to the ground, it was THEIR prayers that sent angels to protect me-- the shrapnel hit the wall of the building close by, but not one piece of shrapnel pierced my skin!

I know others prayed for me too-- like my parents and maybe a few on AFF and a couple of folks at the UPCI church right outside of Baltimore that I attended briefly.

But the Pentecostals of Apopka is a VERY special church-- there are a few saints that who really know how to pray and they live lives that allow their prayers to avail much!

Precious people indeed!

I miss them.
How funny - that's not too far from where I am. I've never been myself, but I've heard fantastic things.

I'm a big fan of the International House of Prayer, Jesus Culture Music, and the Deluge Band. Check 'em out.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldoutochrist View Post
How funny - that's not too far from where I am. I've never been myself, but I've heard fantastic things.
Everything good you have heard is true, but you probably haven't heard half of the good with that church, it's leadership and it's people.

If you are Apostolic, and in the area, you owe it to yourself to at least go by and visit that church for a service or two.