Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
I can't imagine he will be in the near future ... after his district superiors read this thesis and resolution 3 passes ... he will be in hot water.
Can you post the wording of res 3?

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 09-03-2007, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
Can you post the wording of res 3?
Resolution 3 seeks to clearly define an existing bylaw ... it reads:

Whereas there has not been a clear definition of the terms "under question" and "conduct unbecoming a minister," and

Whereas there seems to be a difference in these terms,

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that article VII, Section 7, Paragraph 21 is changed to read as follows:

21. No minister who withdraws or is dropped from our fellowship, whose conduct is under question, shall be allowed to preach for any of our ministers, nor pastor any of our churches. Neither shall any minister of the United Pentecostal Church International fellowship be allowed to preach or participate in any form in any services (except funerals and weddings) sponsored or conducted by any minister who has withdrawn or been dropped, whose conduct is under question. This does not apply to anyone being used in any capacity in his or her local assembly, with the exception of the position of associate pastor or assistant pastor.

(a) The term "under question" shall be taken to mean a formal decision by a District Board reflecting a concern that conduct in flagrant violation of the Manual of the United Pentecostal Church International has occurred.

(b) The term "conduct unbecoming a minister" shall be taken to mean any conduct of a moral, financial, or ethical nature that would cause a reproach upon the ministry.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

If you no longer want to be in the UPC---leave. I don't understand the "parting shots" mentality. No one left the UPC with more integrity IMO than L.H. Hardwick back in the 60s or 70s. There just seems to be so much poison in Langston's words. His picture doesn't help reinforce the idea that he has the joy of the Lord. How hard is it to smile when you have the Holy Ghost? And I say the same thing when I see flyers for UC meetings and most of the preachers have this same kind of expression on their faces.

Leave with your dignity---just leave and do what you feel you've got to do. He will have to live with these words for the rest of his life. I doubt that he will convince people either way. He will offend those he wants to part ways with and he will feed the bitterness that some ex-UPCers can't seem to let go of.

Just go and do what you gotta do!

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
DT,

Your positions oppose themselves. I know you don't believe they do but they do. You should extrapolate your assertions to their converse conclusions and see if they hold water!
phil, no they dont, my point, which you missed is that dressing modestly and morally dont make us holy, they just illustrate our obedience, to god there is a big diff, our effort to be odedient are simply that our best efforts , that does not equal holiness, that is what i believe, dt
Old 09-03-2007, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
If you no longer want to be in the UPC---leave. I don't understand the "parting shots" mentality. No one left the UPC with more integrity IMO than L.H. Hardwick back in the 60s or 70s. There just seems to be so much poison in Langston's words. His picture doesn't help reinforce the idea that he has the joy of the Lord. How hard is it to smile when you have the Holy Ghost? And I say the same thing when I see flyers for UC meetings and most of the preachers have this same kind of expression on their faces.

Leave with your dignity---just leave and do what you feel you've got to do. He will have to live with these words for the rest of his life. I doubt that he will convince people either way. He will offend those he wants to part ways with and he will feed the bitterness that some ex-UPCers can't seem to let go of.

Just go and do what you gotta do!
Will you take Hardwick's approach when you leave, Pastor?
Old 09-03-2007, 09:50 AM

DB doesn't like Langston's photo. Anyone else w/ him?
Old 09-03-2007, 09:50 AM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedThigh View Post
phil, no they dont, my point, which you missed is that dressing modestly and morally dont make us holy, they just illustrate our obedience, to god there is a big diff, our effort to be odedient are simply that our best efforts , that does not equal holiness, that is what i believe, dt
No, you missed my point... you should say what you mean and in your first post you did not. You established a premise that, if carried to its equal and opposite conclusion would say exactly what I said it would.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
No, you missed my point... you should say what you mean and in your first post you did not. You established a premise that, if carried to its equal and opposite conclusion would say exactly what I said it would.
ok phil my point was that we should obey, but that doesnt make us holy, god makes us holy by his work, you believe what you want and i will continue, i have no intention to argue, we dont believe it the same way, sorry bro, dt
Old 09-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Resolution 3 seeks to clearly define an existing bylaw ... it reads:

Whereas there has not been a clear definition of the terms "under question" and "conduct unbecoming a minister," and

Whereas there seems to be a difference in these terms,

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that article VII, Section 7, Paragraph 21 is changed to read as follows:

21. No minister who withdraws or is dropped from our fellowship, whose conduct is under question, shall be allowed to preach for any of our ministers, nor pastor any of our churches. Neither shall any minister of the United Pentecostal Church International fellowship be allowed to preach or participate in any form in any services (except funerals and weddings) sponsored or conducted by any minister who has withdrawn or been dropped, whose conduct is under question. This does not apply to anyone being used in any capacity in his or her local assembly, with the exception of the position of associate pastor or assistant pastor.

(a) The term "under question" shall be taken to mean a formal decision by a District Board reflecting a concern that conduct in flagrant violation of the Manual of the United Pentecostal Church International has occurred.

(b) The term "conduct unbecoming a minister" shall be taken to mean any conduct of a moral, financial, or ethical nature that would cause a reproach upon the ministry.
Thanks. It may raise even more questions though.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 09-03-2007, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
Thanks. It may raise even more questions though.
Elaborate please.