Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 8,903
Did Gordon Magee deny Oneness?

This fellow on You tube is saying he did. I doubt it. He wrote the Book Is Jesus In The Godhead Or Is The Godhead In Jesus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZP1G8RJH4w
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Pastor Keith's Avatar
Pastor Keith Pastor Keith is offline
Follower of Jesus


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
This fellow on You tube is saying he did. I doubt it. He wrote the Book Is Jesus In The Godhead Or Is The Godhead In Jesus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZP1G8RJH4w
I think Gass's letter in the video most likely was referring to MaGee wishing that he never written a book that caused so much controversy.
__________________
Please pray for India

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-08-2008, 12:09 AM
Sam's Avatar
Sam Sam is offline
Jesus' Name Pentecostal


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: near Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 17,802
When I was at ABI for the 1956/1957 year, Bro. Magee stopped by there and preached (at least once) at Bro. Norris' church. One of his sermons (the only one I remember) was on Blood, Water, and Spirit. I remember he once mentioned something about a "pre-incarnate form of Christ" and someone (a licensed UPC minister from Illinois) told me that they didn't like that term. I've read his book. I think I have a copy here somewhere but I'm not sure.

While I was at St. Paul, someone told me a story about Bro. Buie (don't know which one) who spoke to Bro. Magee about oneness. At that time Bro. Magee was a trinitarian. He told Bro. Buie, "You know, you really ought to write a book about that. You could call it 'Hooey by Buie.'" Then later Bro. Magee accepted the message and began to propagate it. At one time I used to receive a magazine from the group Bro. Magee was in. They were called The Churches of God of Ireland. What few magazines of his I used to have from back then in the late nineteen fifties are long gone.

I heard that Bro. Magee moved to the U.S. and married Bro. Kidson's daughter and ministered out of Houston, TX at one time. I don't know how accurate that was.
__________________
Sam also known as Jim Ellis

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 8,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith4him View Post
I think Gass's letter in the video most likely was referring to MaGee wishing that he never written a book that caused so much controversy.
Agreed.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Sam's Avatar
Sam Sam is offline
Jesus' Name Pentecostal


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: near Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 17,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith4him View Post
I think Gass's letter in the video most likely was referring to MaGee wishing that he never written a book that caused so much controversy.
probably so
__________________
Sam also known as Jim Ellis

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 8,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
When I was at ABI for the 1956/1957 year, Bro. Magee stopped by there and preached (at least once) at Bro. Norris' church. One of his sermons (the only one I remember) was on Blood, Water, and Spirit. I remember he once mentioned something about a "pre-incarnate form of Christ" and someone (a licensed UPC minister from Illinois) told me that they didn't like that term. I've read his book. I think I have a copy here somewhere but I'm not sure.

While I was at St. Paul, someone told me a story about Bro. Buie (don't know which one) who spoke to Bro. Magee about oneness. At that time Bro. Magee was a trinitarian. He told Bro. Buie, "You know, you really ought to write a book about that. You could call it 'Hooey by Buie.'" Then later Bro. Magee accepted the message and began to propagate it. At one time I used to receive a magazine from the group Bro. Magee was in. They were called The Churches of God of Ireland. What few magazines of his I used to have from back then in the late nineteen fifties are long gone.

I heard that Bro. Magee moved to the U.S. and married Bro. Kidson's daughter and ministered out of Houston, TX at one time. I don't know how accurate that was.
I read the book years ago too. Its right here on my desk. Maybe I will read it again. Im with him on the pre incarnate form.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Sam's Avatar
Sam Sam is offline
Jesus' Name Pentecostal


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: near Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 17,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I read the book years ago too. Its right here on my desk. Maybe I will read it again. Im with him on the pre incarnate form.
Well, I knew you would agree with that term.
__________________
Sam also known as Jim Ellis

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-08-2008, 01:39 AM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 8,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Well, I knew you would agree with that term.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Steve Epley's Avatar
Steve Epley Steve Epley is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,020
To my knowledge Bro. Magee never renounced his stand on the Godhead however he was Kidson's son in law and Kidson's compromise with the message affected him and the church he pastored. The last I heard a Trinity man was pastoring Elim.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 8,903
It is big news to Trins if (supposedly) a Oneness turns Trinitarian. But they dont like to hear about Trins turning Oneness.

By the way I have not heard of hardly any big name Trinity teachers coming to the truth since I have been in it from 1980. I have read about it happening a lot in the old days.

Of the Charismatic/Pentecostal teachers I knew of in the 70's I dont know of any who came to this truth. Do YOU?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3 in 1 - I'M MORE ONENESS THAN YOU ARE ... SDG The D.A.'s Office 296 08-08-2009 11:18 PM
looking for a oneness church LadyChocolate Fellowship Hall 16 06-16-2007 10:14 PM
Why does Oneness deny Son as creator? Iron_Bladder Deep Waters 79 05-25-2007 03:53 AM
How To Believe in Oneness Timmy Deep Waters 95 04-27-2007 05:01 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Barb

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.