Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Sis. Lou
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy Ladies Meetings & Theme's

I am going to have a Ladies Meeting at our church. I am looking for a theme. We have done the "tea party" and a Ladies Luau. Does anyone have any ideas for a theme we can use. Looking for something fun, and not to expensive. Hope someone out there in AFF can help....
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-29-2008, 08:06 AM
tamor's Avatar
tamor tamor is offline
Create Your Own Rainbows!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Adamsville, TN
Posts: 8,492
Re: Ladies Meetings & Theme's

If you'll PM Sherri, she can send you a copy of the ladies manual from Love & Truth Jackson. They have a monthly meeting and do a different theme each month. Last night was the annual pajama party. Ladies dress in their pj's, drink hot chocolate, have a good time of fellowship and then adjourn to the sanctuary for praise and worship and a message from their ladies minister.
__________________
I hate to see you frown. So wear a bag over your head until you cheer up!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 42,353
Re: Ladies Meetings & Theme's

Ran across this the other day.

http://www.creativeladiesministry.co...ngcheckup.html
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Sherri's Avatar
Sherri Sherri is offline
Christmas 2009


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 9,680
Re: Ladies Meetings & Theme's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sis. Lou View Post
I am going to have a Ladies Meeting at our church. I am looking for a theme. We have done the "tea party" and a Ladies Luau. Does anyone have any ideas for a theme we can use. Looking for something fun, and not to expensive. Hope someone out there in AFF can help....
I'll be glad to send you a booklet that our ladies' group loves to sow into others, for free. Just PM me a name and address if you want it. It has great ideas, pictures, etc. I also have preaching CD's from our leader that go along with each of the themes if you would want to listen to any of them.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Felicity's Avatar
Felicity Felicity is offline
Step By Step - Day By Day


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,648
Re: Ladies Meetings & Theme's

There are books available from the United Pentecostal Church publishing division (Pentecostal Publishing House) titled .... "Programs for Ladies Groups" (something like that) ... that have lots of great themes and ideas for womens meetings and events. I've used a number of them and adapted them to fit in with what I was wanting to do or achieve in a particular meeting.

I checked PPH website and noticed that the first two that were written weren't listed - at least I didn't see them - but there is a 3rd one that was published in the last few years that is available for sale.
__________________
Smiles & Blessings....
~Felicity Welsh~

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-03-2008, 01:57 PM
scotty's Avatar
scotty scotty is offline
Renewed


 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,432
Re: Ladies Meetings & Theme's

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
If you'll PM Sherri, she can send you a copy of the ladies manual from Love & Truth Jackson. They have a monthly meeting and do a different theme each month. Last night was the annual pajama party. Ladies dress in their pj's, drink hot chocolate, have a good time of fellowship and then adjourn to the sanctuary for praise and worship and a message from their ladies minister.

PJ's!!!!!!!!!!!

As in Pants!!!!!!!!

In the tabernacle!!!!!!!!

Where's my Tulsa Tango thread starter button.....


:toof unny
__________________
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter


www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Felicity's Avatar
Felicity Felicity is offline
Step By Step - Day By Day


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,648
Re: Ladies Meetings & Theme's

One way to come up with themes is to use yearly events, national holidays, and seasons of the year for inspiration. Valentines Day, Christmas, New Years, Halloween, Mothers Day, Easter, etc., etc. can be used as events to build a ladies meeting on. So can Fall, Spring, Summer and Winter. You can get inspiration from so many things. Then when you get the inspiration for a theme or focus, build the rest of the meeting around that theme or focus - everything from a group activity that involves all the women to refreshments, decorating for the meeting, and a message, etc.

I've done so many different types of meetings through the years and always include a time of worship, prayer and at least a devotional message or some other type of message in each meeting.
  • One meeting I showed the ladies how to set a proper table, different ways you can decorate a table, included some etiquette instructions and had a guy come in and give a Chinese cooking demonstration. Then we got to eat it after.

  • I built a meeting around the theme of "Friendships of Women". That was really great.

  • Have a "tea party" - and do it Victorian style.

  • You can have lots of fun with an "Easter bonnet" theme. We did that one time and the women had to come with a hat - preferably a handmade original. During the course of the meeting they voted on "best hat" or most original or funniest or whatever.

  • Prayer breakfasts are another wonderful way to structure a ladies meeting. Have a breakfast buffet, speak or have someone else speak on an aspect of Prayer. There are lots of different ways to pray together as a group. I used to have tables set up and then at the end of the meeting, each table of ladies would gather in their own individual circles and pray for the needs represented within that group.

  • One September I had a Baptist pastor's wife from our town who had 3 sons who had all won Canadian Gov. Gen. awards and full scholarships to University come in and talk to our ladies about how to help your children become good students.

  • Use a discussion panel approach. I've assigned a topic, and asked 4 - 6 ladies each take a portion of the topic, speak on it for 5 minutes or so and then had specific questions given out to some of the ladies to ask to generate discussion.

  • Fashion shows. These are always popular!

  • Mothers Memorial meeting to kick off getting a good offering for MM.

Lots of different ways to go! Womens meetings can be a great way to reach women who don't usually come to church.
__________________
Smiles & Blessings....
~Felicity Welsh~

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Jesusmyrock
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ladies Meetings & Theme's

we done a meeting about the "Bride of Christ", and done it with a wedding theme. We had an old wedding dress as the "tattered" garment. We tore strips of fabric and stained them with tea, and wrote all the works of the flesh and other "bad" stuff on them (lust, envying, addictions, drinking, lying, jealousy, etc.. etc..) and pinned to the old wedding gown and hung it up. Then we took a new wedding gown, white and pretty, and hung it up on the other side. When we come to Jesus, we are like the old, torn, tattered garment, and he cleans us and gives us our "wedding" garment. We decorated the sanctuary like you would for a wedding, and sang songs about the "Bride", and decorated where we eat like for a reception, with bells, and mints, and candles, stuff like that. Had a lot of fun with it!! ( a sister at the church used her old wedding gown, and her daughters new wedding gown)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-03-2008, 04:36 PM
AmazingGrace AmazingGrace is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dallas,Tx
Posts: 6,978
Re: Ladies Meetings & Theme's

We have done so many different ones... one thing we did on the ladies tea was... had each lady bring something for the brunch... and also handed out victorian printing paper. Had them type up the recipe.. made a ladies tea cookbook and distributed for all the ladies at the end.

Then we have done the holiday/season themes as Felicity suggested.

We are doing a Mary and Martha ladies meeting this month. All the ladies are bringing a cleaning item wrapped but something nice... or something well... Something to help declutter our lives. I have went and got some little organizational baskets... and included a few cleaning items in them.

There are so many things you can do
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-03-2008, 10:02 PM
LadyCoonskinner LadyCoonskinner is offline
First Lady


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,732
Re: Ladies Meetings & Theme's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
One way to come up with themes is to use yearly events, national holidays, and seasons of the year for inspiration. Valentines Day, Christmas, New Years, Halloween, Mothers Day, Easter, etc., etc. can be used as events to build a ladies meeting on. So can Fall, Spring, Summer and Winter. You can get inspiration from so many things. Then when you get the inspiration for a theme or focus, build the rest of the meeting around that theme or focus - everything from a group activity that involves all the women to refreshments, decorating for the meeting, and a message, etc.

I've done so many different types of meetings through the years and always include a time of worship, prayer and at least a devotional message or some other type of message in each meeting.
  • One meeting I showed the ladies how to set a proper table, different ways you can decorate a table, included some etiquette instructions and had a guy come in and give a Chinese cooking demonstration. Then we got to eat it after.

  • I built a meeting around the theme of "Friendships of Women". That was really great.

  • Have a "tea party" - and do it Victorian style.

  • You can have lots of fun with an "Easter bonnet" theme. We did that one time and the women had to come with a hat - preferably a handmade original. During the course of the meeting they voted on "best hat" or most original or funniest or whatever.

  • Prayer breakfasts are another wonderful way to structure a ladies meeting. Have a breakfast buffet, speak or have someone else speak on an aspect of Prayer. There are lots of different ways to pray together as a group. I used to have tables set up and then at the end of the meeting, each table of ladies would gather in their own individual circles and pray for the needs represented within that group.

  • One September I had a Baptist pastor's wife from our town who had 3 sons who had all won Canadian Gov. Gen. awards and full scholarships to University come in and talk to our ladies about how to help your children become good students.

  • Use a discussion panel approach. I've assigned a topic, and asked 4 - 6 ladies each take a portion of the topic, speak on it for 5 minutes or so and then had specific questions given out to some of the ladies to ask to generate discussion.

  • Fashion shows. These are always popular!

  • Mothers Memorial meeting to kick off getting a good offering for MM.

Lots of different ways to go! Womens meetings can be a great way to reach women who don't usually come to church.
Felicity,

You are the bomb. I appreciate this thread, and your response.

Sometimes, burnout can hinder brain process and it's good to have a sounding board.

Thanks, again.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ladies Conference Trouvere Prayer Closet 0 10-05-2007 01:05 AM
((MAJOR ALERT!!)) SECRET meetings being held by Ultra cons right now!! Thad The Tab 45 09-28-2007 03:40 PM
Link to UPCI business meetings Brett Prince Fellowship Hall 3 09-28-2007 10:03 AM
ladies... LadyChocolate Fellowship Hall 2 07-21-2007 06:02 AM
BC Ladies Ministry Ron Fellowship Hall 3 07-12-2007 11:07 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by shazeep
- by Dante
- by n david
- by jfrog

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.