Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 09-06-2019, 12:45 PM
Registered Member

Prayer For My Father

Requesting prayer for my father, who is 85 and has been in the ICU the past couple of days.

Last week he began having intermittent pain in his chest and arms when walking short distances, but he "didn't want to worry anyone" and just put it off. Monday morning my mother took him to urgent care and they recommended he make an appointment with his cardiologist.

That evening it became worse and more persistent, so my mother took him to the ER. I didn't get the initial text, but woke up at 1am and saw the missed texts and calls. I went to the hospital until a little after 3am when he was moved to a regular room.

The issue is he's retaining a lot of fluids in the "3rd space", meaning tissues and stuff. He's very bloated from the fluids. His kidneys aren't functioning. The lower chambers of his heart is functioning at about 15%.

They gave him meds to reduce the fluids but that caused his blood pressure to drop too much so they stopped that. Wednesday evening I had to turn around on my way to church and rush to the hospital because the rapid response unit came into the room due his BP falling below 50/something. They put him in ICU where he's remained stable but unchanging.

Just a few minutes ago, my sister called me and said they spoke with the Dr. His kidneys are failing and Dr is concerned that his heart won't take dialysis well. They can't deal with his fluid retention with meds because those meds cause his BP to tank. And the fluid retention is causing incredible stress on his heart.

When he first arrived, they were taking blood samples to check his Troponin (heart enzyme) levels. ER Dr said 12 was normal. Dad came in at 75. yesterday he was well past 800. This is due to the stress being placed on his heart.

My siblings, mother and I met yesterday to talk about the next steps -- specifically if things don't improve and he passes. We went over the life insurance and his wishes for end of life care. We started planning the service and have most of that done as well.

Pray for my mother and siblings.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Prayer For My Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Requesting prayer for my father, who is 85 and has been in the ICU the past couple of days.

Last week he began having intermittent pain in his chest and arms when walking short distances, but he "didn't want to worry anyone" and just put it off. Monday morning my mother took him to urgent care and they recommended he make an appointment with his cardiologist.

That evening it became worse and more persistent, so my mother took him to the ER. I didn't get the initial text, but woke up at 1am and saw the missed texts and calls. I went to the hospital until a little after 3am when he was moved to a regular room.

The issue is he's retaining a lot of fluids in the "3rd space", meaning tissues and stuff. He's very bloated from the fluids. His kidneys aren't functioning. The lower chambers of his heart is functioning at about 15%.

They gave him meds to reduce the fluids but that caused his blood pressure to drop too much so they stopped that. Wednesday evening I had to turn around on my way to church and rush to the hospital because the rapid response unit came into the room due his BP falling below 50/something. They put him in ICU where he's remained stable but unchanging.

Just a few minutes ago, my sister called me and said they spoke with the Dr. His kidneys are failing and Dr is concerned that his heart won't take dialysis well. They can't deal with his fluid retention with meds because those meds cause his BP to tank. And the fluid retention is causing incredible stress on his heart.

When he first arrived, they were taking blood samples to check his Troponin (heart enzyme) levels. ER Dr said 12 was normal. Dad came in at 75. yesterday he was well past 800. This is due to the stress being placed on his heart.

My siblings, mother and I met yesterday to talk about the next steps -- specifically if things don't improve and he passes. We went over the life insurance and his wishes for end of life care. We started planning the service and have most of that done as well.

Pray for my mother and siblings.
I’m praying for all of you in Jesus name.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:12 AM
Sister Alvear

I will be praying also

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 09-07-2019, 09:26 AM
Not riding the train

Praying for you and your family!
Old 09-07-2019, 09:40 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Praying
Old 09-07-2019, 12:39 PM
of 9!! :)

Prayers for your Dad, you and your family!
Old 09-07-2019, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

Praying for you and yours, sir!
Old 09-08-2019, 11:38 PM
On the road less traveled

Praying with you and for you and your family David!
Old 09-09-2019, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

My father has fallen asleep. They have stopped the medications which have been keeping his BP up, basically keeping him alive. Nurse says it will be an hour or so before he will pass

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.

A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

Many prayers for you and yours.