PDA

View Full Version : Hairdo

marthaolivia
02-08-2008, 08:58 PM
This didn't come through on my earlier post. I think you might enjoy this. It is a pic off the Lambert's LP album cover from the seventies. Does anyone remember them. Sorry I have 2 almost identical posts now. I'm not savvy enough to post like I should!

Elizabeth
02-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Wow that is so huge--didnt that hurt her neck??

RandyWayne
02-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Reminds me of Goko or Vegita -just needs to be glowing yellow!
(For those Dragonball Z fans out there).

HeavenlyOne
02-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Where did you get Renda's UPC pic?????????

rgcraig
02-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Where did you get Renda's UPC pic?????????

Lol.....I NEVER had hair that big and it was never dark.

I bet she did have neck trouble!

HeavenlyOne
02-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Lol.....I NEVER had hair that big and it was never dark.

I bet she did have neck trouble!

I knew you'd hear your name!! LOL!

AmazingGrace
02-08-2008, 09:43 PM
I will have to post a pic I have of my mom when she went to some national singing thing... she thought she had to get it done up bigger than normal to look cool ROFL!! It was huge!!!!

marthaolivia
02-08-2008, 09:54 PM
She certainly has enough hair. I don't have enough hair for that kind of hairdo.
I believe the people pictured traveled and sang during the seventies. I found this album among my Mom's things after she died.
I wonder how long it took to fix her hair. My neck hurts just looking at the picture..If you noticed, her hair is as high as her husband's entire head.

rgcraig
02-08-2008, 10:01 PM
She certainly has enough hair. I don't have enough hair for that kind of hairdo.
I believe the people pictured traveled and sang during the seventies. I found this album among my Mom's things after she died.
I wonder how long it took to fix her hair. My neck hurts just looking at the picture..If you noticed, her hair is as high as her husband's entire head.

Well, I know we use to use cascades or hair pieces too - - so that might not all be her's.

Disclaimer - - not saying I know that - just saying it might not be!

AmazingGrace
02-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Well, I know we use to use cascades or hair pieces too - - so that might not all be her's. Disclaimer - - not saying I know that - just saying it might not be!

ROFL!!! Renda your too funny!!!!

rgcraig
02-08-2008, 10:10 PM
ROFL!!! Renda your too funny!!!!

Just want to make sure I'm not misunderstood. :girlytantrum

marthaolivia
02-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Well, I know we use to use cascades or hair pieces too - - so that might not all be her's.

Disclaimer - - not saying I know that - just saying it might not be!

I would need to use a lot of hairpieces. I'm glad those hairdos are not in style anymore. I just wouldn't fit in...

AG:
Please post the pix of your mom and her big hair. We're waiting..

AmazingGrace
02-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Just want to make sure I'm not misunderstood. :girlytantrum

sniff sniff... I didnt do it :(

I thought what you said was funny...Im on yer side... seriously... SMILE.. And... I promise... I didnt do it! lol

HeavenlyOne
02-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Is that an oatmeal box?????

rgcraig
02-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Is that an oatmeal box?????
...or two?

rgcraig
02-08-2008, 10:23 PM
To keep this from being a UPC bashing thread - - - Audrey Hepburn and Barbra Streisand wore their hair like that in the 60's.

AmazingGrace
02-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Now that we are on the hairdo's... the musical hairspray... my girls were watching it tonight and I was wondering... since I was not around that time... is the way she wore her hair... was that the 50's style poof I guess? I thought her hair was actually kinda cute... And I guess that was the style then... I would have loved those years actually... the clothes were ummm different... but oh how the hairstyles changed and I loveeeeee funky hair!! LOL

rgcraig
02-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Now that we are on the hairdo's... the musical hairspray... my girls were watching it tonight and I was wondering... since I was not around that time... is the way she wore her hair... was that the 50's style poof I guess? I thought her hair was actually kinda cute... And I guess that was the style then... I would have loved those years actually... the clothes were ummm different... but oh how the hairstyles changed and I loveeeeee funky hair!! LOL

Yes, it was. My uncle was a about 10 yrs. older than me and I remember looking at his high school year book and all the girls hair was like that (Hairspray)! He graduated in the 60's.

HeavenlyOne
02-08-2008, 10:37 PM
To keep this from being a UPC bashing thread - - - Audrey Hepburn and Barbra Streisand wore their hair like that in the 60's.

LOL!

AmazingGrace
02-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Yes, it was. My uncle was a about 10 yrs. older than me and I remember looking at his high school year book and all the girls hair was like that (Hairspray)! He graduated in the 60's.

I guess I am just weird... I mean I wouldnt do my hair like that now but I would have loved to be living during those times... the hair doesnt change that drastically now days compared to how much it seemed to back then... I love crazy hair LOL

Cindy
02-09-2008, 02:14 AM
My Mom's hair was past her knees and my grandmother's to her feet. If you have long enough hair you can really twist it enough probably to get that high......... I don't really know why anyone would want hair that high however............:D