PDA

View Full Version : French Passes Ban on Islamic Veils

Praxeas
07-13-2010, 03:10 PM
So the French finally did it...so where are all the reactionaries that would have normally went nuts if the US passed such a ban?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/07/12/french-veil-ban-set-pass-lower-house-parliament-legal-challenges-likely-later/?test=latestnews

Sherri
07-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Wow! I don't think the US could get by with something like this at all.

Jason B
07-13-2010, 05:14 PM
So the French finally did it...so where are all the reactionaries that would have normally went nuts if the US passed such a ban?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/07/12/french-veil-ban-set-pass-lower-house-parliament-legal-challenges-likely-later/?test=latestnews

They're all in the USA being offended by the pledge of allegiance and the mention of Jeses' name.

RevDWW
07-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Should the U.S. "get by with" something like this? I would think that free exercise of religion in the Constitution would not allow such a ban.

James Griffin
07-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Should the U.S. "get by with" something like this? I would think that free exercise of religion in the Constitution would not allow such a ban.

There are some who have suggested such a ban would be appropriate for places such as airports, terminals etc for security reasons.

RevDWW
07-13-2010, 05:20 PM
There are some who have suggested such a ban would be appropriate for places such as airports, terminals etc for security reasons.

Be careful what liberty you would sacrifice for security.....

pelathais
07-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Wow! I don't think the US could get by with something like this at all.

In some measures we already do. For example, you can be denied access to a bank if you refuse to remove any face covering, "veil" or even a motorcycle helmet. The same thing for appearances in government buildings and in court.

Also, there was that case in FL a few years back when a Muslim woman demanded the "right" to appear veiled in her Passport photo - she was denied a Passport and that denial was upheld in court.

Tacitly, no one has a "right" to go around wearing a mask. Our society puts up with it, but it isn't a "right."

Muslims are people, not superheroes. They don't need to wear masks like Emergent Man.

Digging4Truth
07-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Be careful what liberty you would sacrifice for security.....

2 educated posts.

Ditto and ditto.

Sam
07-13-2010, 09:52 PM

I can see a woman's right to wear a veil if that is a religious conviction but
how about a picture ID?
would it show her face? or just eyes peeping though the veil?
and, when asked to show her id like at a doctor's office, traffic stop, credit card transaction, etc? would she have to uncover her face so someone could see if it matches the picture on the ID?
How could that be handled?

Ferd
07-14-2010, 07:39 AM
You people are gunna make me stop hating the French!

That and my french press... the frence knew what they were doing when they came up with that little ditty.

God bless God for coffee...

Praxeas
07-14-2010, 12:25 PM
It's sad that it takes going as far as Europe has to realize there is an Islamic invasion that seeks to usurp all other cultures, religions and authority by a bloodless Jihad. Their goal is to flood these nations with Islamic immigrants, reproduce enmasse and use our political systems against us to gain the majority in both numbers and political clout. This is what happened in Lebanon.

Of course that does not mean all muslims think that way, but mostly they are unknowing pawns IMO

RevDWW
07-14-2010, 05:04 PM
I can see a woman's right to wear a veil if that is a religious conviction but
how about a picture ID?
would it show her face? or just eyes peeping though the veil?
and, when asked to show her id like at a doctor's office, traffic stop, credit card transaction, etc? would she have to uncover her face so someone could see if it matches the picture on the ID?
How could that be handled?
If the law says to show your face for your ID, then either you should your face or don't get the ID........