Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   False Prophecies Everywhere, not just Charismatics (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=54363)

mont.preterist 01-18-2021 04:48 AM

False Prophecies Everywhere, not just Charismatics

Oh they are at it again.

In a major Texas area, where a certain general superintendent used to pastor, they are making very specific proclamations and prophecies that Jesus is getting ready to come back any day now.

The pastors of churches in that area have banded together and in that area there are THOUSANDS of supposedly oneness pentecostals involved total.

Almost every service there are tongues and interpretations and words of prophecy going out that go similar to this.

"Yeah, get ready, I am coming sooooooon!", or "The end is here, I am getting ready to come in the clouds!"

Now, I do have a problem with this as it feels like 1988. Some of you youngsters weren't around then but let me tell you, false prophecies were running rampant. Large churches of the underprivileged children were being deceived and were prophesying that it was the end, T and I were going out in every service, people were running out and getting in debt because Jesus was coming in September and they weren't going to have to pay back what they were borrowing... feels like it again!

The problem with believing in a pretrib rapture is what we are seeing! The error of this breeds false prophecies and false T and I!!!

What are they going to do when NOTHING happens? When there is not rapture and when their false prophecies go belly up?

This happened in 88 and 89! There were many people then that made bad decisions based upon bad estachology and bad teachings on prophecy and quit church!

We want to hold the false prophets accountable in the charismatic world but what about the false prophets in the oneness pentecostal world? Who is holding them accountable?

Is there going to be a mass exodus out of those churches? We saw people lose out in 88 and 89, y2k, 2001, and etc and etc! Where is the outcry over the false prophets now?

Originalist 01-18-2021 06:11 AM

Re: False Prophecies Everywhere, not just Charisma

While I was wrong on Trump losing Ohio, and voter turnout for Trump, I was clearly right about election fraud being the deciding factor in this election. But I never claimed to be prophesying. I just know the Democrats, that's all.

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...ad.php?t=54144

Michael The Disciple 01-18-2021 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mont.preterist (Post 1600296)
Oh they are at it again.

In a major Texas area, where a certain general superintendent used to pastor, they are making very specific proclamations and prophecies that Jesus is getting ready to come back any day now.

The pastors of churches in that area have banded together and in that area there are THOUSANDS of supposedly oneness pentecostals involved total.

Almost every service there are tongues and interpretations and words of prophecy going out that go similar to this.

"Yeah, get ready, I am coming sooooooon!", or "The end is here, I am getting ready to come in the clouds!"

Now, I do have a problem with this as it feels like 1988. Some of you youngsters weren't around then but let me tell you, false prophecies were running rampant. Large churches of the underprivileged children were being deceived and were prophesying that it was the end, T and I were going out in every service, people were running out and getting in debt because Jesus was coming in September and they weren't going to have to pay back what they were borrowing... feels like it again!

The problem with believing in a pretrib rapture is what we are seeing! The error of this breeds false prophecies and false T and I!!!

What are they going to do when NOTHING happens? When there is not rapture and when their false prophecies go belly up?

This happened in 88 and 89! There were many people then that made bad decisions based upon bad estachology and bad teachings on prophecy and quit church!

We want to hold the false prophets accountable in the charismatic world but what about the false prophets in the oneness pentecostal world? Who is holding them accountable?

Is there going to be a mass exodus out of those churches? We saw people lose out in 88 and 89, y2k, 2001, and etc and etc! Where is the outcry over the false prophets now?

Can you verify about the Oneness people making these prophecies? Or are we talking from hearsay? Any particular leader among Oneness leading the charge?

coksiw 01-18-2021 07:28 AM

Quote:

Oh they are at it again.

Did they say a specific date? If not then you are falsely accusing them.
The expectation of the coming of the Lord, and getting even more excited about it when days turn black is normal, and it is biblical.

1 Peter 1:3-7

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,

You are the one in error. You are the false prophet.

TJJJ 01-18-2021 07:48 AM

:paranoid

Truthseeker 01-18-2021 07:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:bliss

aegsm76 01-18-2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Oh they are at it again.

Hmmm. Have not heard that.
Do you have specific times/dates for when these events happened?
Just went and looked at their livestream from Sunday and it looked like an "ordinary" service.

mont.preterist 01-19-2021 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple (Post 1600299)
Can you verify about the Oneness people making these prophecies? Or are we talking from hearsay? Any particular leader among Oneness leading the charge?

Got family among them, getting calls from people in the churches.

Waiting on recordings....

No names, don't want to get banned.

mont.preterist 01-19-2021 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coksiw (Post 1600300)
Did they say a specific date? If not then you are falsely accusing them.
The expectation of the coming of the Lord, and getting even more excited about it when days turn black is normal, and it is biblical.

1 Peter 1:3-7

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,

You are the one in error. You are the false prophet.

No, you are the one wrong. You are the false prophet.

The first century church looked for it soon because it was getting ready to happen soon. Like in 70 AD soon. Not 2000 years and counting.

But one good thing about that false doctrine, I don't have to listen to it because it is going to be another 2000 years on their reckoning.

Originalist 01-19-2021 08:33 AM

Still waiting on Trump to address the nation on the Emergency Broadcast System.

Michael The Disciple 01-19-2021 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mont.preterist (Post 1600333)

The first century church looked for it soon because it was getting ready to happen soon. Like in 70 AD soon. Not 2000 years and counting.

But one good thing about that false doctrine, I don't have to listen to it because it is going to be another 2000 years on their reckoning.

So yes crystal clear. Jesus came and raised the dead and took the saints to Heaven in the 1st century! Sometime before 70ad.

So then who are WE? What relevance does the Bible have for us? If it were written only to the 1st century saints looks like nothing relates to us.

We cant be in the 1000 year reign. That would be over by 1100 ad. So since then came the New Heavens and the New Earth!

Were in the good times!

1 God 01-19-2021 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple (Post 1600336)
So yes crystal clear. Jesus came and raised the dead and took the saints to Heaven in the 1st century! Sometime before 70ad.

So then who are WE? What relevance does the Bible have for us? If it were written only to the 1st century saints looks like nothing relates to us.

We cant be in the 1000 year reign. That would be over by 1100 ad. So since then came the New Heavens and the New Earth!

Were in the good times!

Good times? I could only wish the Millennial reign was happening now.
Politics would be done away and Christ would reign with us as His statute enforcers.

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

n david 01-19-2021 09:14 AM

Quote:

Oh they are at it again.

Was there a date given? If there isn't a date given, this isn't even close to the same as what's being claimed/predicted right now. Simply having T/I stating that God is coming again is absolutely scriptural.

This is apples and horseshoes. Not even similar.

n david 01-19-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

It's okay. You do you. Live however you want to live because you don't believe God is coming again. Whether God comes this year or a thousand years, we should be ready.

And it's not false prophecy to state scripture and say He's coming soon.

Scott Pitta 01-19-2021 09:28 AM

Documentation is key. When a prophet gives a message, document what is said, Every word. Date, time, location, etc.

That way, prophets cannot wiggle out of what they prophecied.

This also protects those who use vocal gifts from malicious gossip.

votivesoul 01-19-2021 08:02 PM

I think mont. preterist's point is being missed. For him, there is no future coming of the Lord Jesus, and so, no tongue or interpretation or prophecy should ever say as much, because it cannot be true.

Therefore, it doesn't matter if someone assigns a future date or time, or not. It's automatically false, in his view.

Do I have it right, mont. preterist?

coksiw 01-19-2021 10:03 PM

Quote:

I get to preach the same message the Apostles preached: My Lord is coming again and will raise his saints the same way he raised from the dead: a bodily resurrection, into eternal life.

Do you realize you can't preach the same?

Michael The Disciple 01-20-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by votivesoul (Post 1600378)
I think mont. preterist's point is being missed. For him, there is no future coming of the Lord Jesus, and so, no tongue or interpretation or prophecy should ever say as much, because it cannot be true.

Therefore, it doesn't matter if someone assigns a future date or time, or not. It's automatically false, in his view.

Do I have it right, mont. preterist?

We get his point. But we reason how can someone who says Jesus came in 70ad, resurrected the saints and took them back to Heaven with him, get away with calling anyone else FALSE?

Now if people are out there saying Jesus is coming this day or that, when it fails they need to be held accountable. In other words they need to be rebuked as a false prophet or Teacher.

Evang.Benincasa 01-20-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple (Post 1600416)
We get his point. But we reason how can someone who says Jesus came in 70ad, resurrected the saints and took them back to Heaven with him, get away with calling anyone else FALSE?

Now if people are out there saying Jesus is coming this day or that, when it fails they need to be held accountable. In other words they need to be rebuked as a false prophet or Teacher.

Mike what happened to the many who were in the graves and came out after Jesus' resurrection? We are told they went into Jerusalem and were seen by many. Who were they, and what happened to them? Matthew 27:52-53

1 God 01-20-2021 08:17 PM

They are part of the first resurrection, sir.

Evang.Benincasa 01-20-2021 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 God (Post 1600454)

Sean, if you want to be Mr Helper, you need to tell me where did they go?
That was what I asked.

1 God 01-21-2021 06:31 AM

Rene.

Anyway, they are now here in the invisible realm....

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Ronnie G 01-21-2021 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1600453)
Mike what happened to the many who were in the graves and came out after Jesus' resurrection? We are told they went into Jerusalem and were seen by many. Who were they, and what happened to them? Matthew 27:52-53

Why have I never thought of this before?

I have a theory that they went on to live their lives and die again.

But now I need to think about it.

Michael The Disciple 01-21-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1600453)

Why is it you never answer my questions you just ask me more?

You tell us who are WE? If Jesus came in 70ad and resurrected the saints who were asleep and "raptured" or "caught up" the living and they all went back to Heaven who are WE?

What relevance has the New Covenant laid out by Christ and the apostles that we find in the Bible have for whoever we are? The saints it was written to in the first century have already taken their residence in Heaven.

So here we are apparently way past the 1000 year reign that occurred after 70ad.

Who are we?

Answer me and I will answer you.

Michael The Disciple 01-21-2021 12:00 PM

Matt 27: 52-53

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
Quote:

Ronnie

A good theory IMO. The answer to Doms question.

Either they went to Heaven with Jesus to enjoy immortality, believed by immortal soulists:

Or.....like you said they went into Jerusalem as a sign bearing witness to Christs resurrection. I mean there were 3000 almost immediately converted! This was multiplied in short time They saw amazing wonders!

They could have went back to sleep right away OR lived for a while then died again.

One thing is CERTAIN according to Paul. They did die again. How do we know?

1 Tim. 6: 14-16
Quote:

14That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
Apostle Paul knew the truth. He said JESUS ONLY.......has immortality!

That means when Paul wrote to Timothy many years after the events of Christs resurrection HE BELIEVED no one else was immortal.

coksiw 01-21-2021 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie G (Post 1600482)

That event happened before the book of Matthew was completed, for obvious reasons. That event happened while Matthew was alive, and he was still on earth after that, to tell the story.

That resurrection is not mentioned in any Epistle. Therefore, you can assume that they are not related to the salvation of the church, and by implication, their resurrection into eternal life. Nothing in the Epistles is connected to a past saints resurrection into eternal life.

Some say they were the saints of the old testament, which it is kind of a stretch, and very hard to give solid arguments for it. I heard of somebody connecting it to Ez 37:12-14, and then to Acts 2:38. Maybe. The most plausible theory is that they were just godly people resurrected as Lazarus was.

Brother, just to warn you, this forum could confuse you tremendously. I highly recommend that, if you haven't done it before, you study carefully hermeneutics and some rhetoric as well, in order to evaluate what they say in this forum. Also, remember this are not formal debates, so the person that it is actually right regarding what it is the actual truth, may not be spending a significant amount of time to engage fully with errors here and express their arguments thoroughly.

jediwill83 01-21-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coksiw (Post 1600497)
That event happened before the book of Matthew was completed, for obvious reasons. That event happened while Matthew was alive, and he was still on earth after that, to tell the story.

That resurrection is not mentioned in any Epistle. Therefore, you can assume that they are not related to the salvation of the church, and by implication, their resurrection into eternal life. Nothing in the Epistles is connected to a past saints resurrection into eternal life.

Some say they were the saints of the old testament, which it is kind of a stretch, and very hard to give solid arguments for it. I heard of somebody connecting it to Ez 37:12-14, and then to Acts 2:38. Maybe. The most plausible theory is that they were just godly people resurrected as Lazarus was.

Brother, just to warn you, this forum could confuse you tremendously. I highly recommend that, if you haven't done it before, you study carefully hermeneutics and some rhetoric as well, in order to evaluate what they say in this forum. Also, remember this are not formal debates, so the person that it is actually right regarding what it is the actual truth, may not be spending a significant amount of time to engage fully with errors here and express their arguments thoroughly.

Herman who? 😂😉

Ronnie G 01-21-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coksiw (Post 1600497)

Thank you. Without a doubt, this forum has HUGE latitude in views.

My point being is, I am inclined to believe we sleep when we die, until resurrection. Therefore the dead that rose were neither robbed of paradise nor given a sentence commutation from hell. It was like they woke up from a nap (albeit a rather traumatizingly odd one).

Otherwise, a man born for eternal life was now restored to a position in which he could lose it, or pulled from flames from which would be guaranteed to avoid it.

Unless of course, this was some kind of "first fruits" thing, but that isn't my concern. My concern is me, my family, and those I can reach today.

Michael The Disciple 01-21-2021 01:37 PM

Ronnie

Quote:

My point being is, I am inclined to believe we sleep when we die, until resurrection.
A heavyweight point indeed. The resurrection is one of the most important truths.

And IF it be true it eliminates the entire scheme of "preterism".

coksiw 01-21-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie G (Post 1600505)
Thank you. Without a doubt, this forum has HUGE latitude in views.

My point being is, I am inclined to believe we sleep when we die, until resurrection. Therefore the dead that rose were neither robbed of paradise nor given a sentence commutation from hell. It was like they woke up from a nap (albeit a rather traumatizingly odd one).

Otherwise, a man born for eternal life was now restored to a position in which he could lose it, or pulled from flames from which would be guaranteed to avoid it.

Unless of course, this was some kind of "first fruits" thing, but that isn't my concern. My concern is me, my family, and those I can reach today.

As an interesting fact, Pharisees used to believe that the spirit of a dead person lingers close to its body for three days, so there was a chance of somebody coming back to life within three days according to them. It could probably be the reason why Jesus waited four days to resurrect Lazarus: just to leave no doubts.

Ronnie G 01-21-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coksiw (Post 1600507)
As an interesting fact, Pharisees used to believe that the spirit of a dead person lingers close to its body for three days, so there was a chance of somebody coming back to life within three days according to them. It could probably be the reason why Jesus waited four days to resurrect Lazarus: just to leave no doubts.

That's interesting. There were a ton of messages He appears to have sent "between the lines."

coksiw 01-21-2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie G (Post 1600508)
That's interesting. There were a ton of messages He appears to have sent "between the lines."

It is true that the lack of accurate historical context makes it hard for the reader to truly appreciate everything. So what I said is still just speculation. Nevertheless, the point is still clear in the text: Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead :).

Ronnie G 01-21-2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coksiw (Post 1600509)
It is true that the lack of accurate historical context makes it hard for the reader to truly appreciate everything. So what I said is still just speculation. Nevertheless, the point is still clear in the text: Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead :).

I was listening to Voddie Baucham speak about Cultural Marxim on YouTube (I recommend it to ANYONE).

He was talking about the way BLM is a huge inroad to eroding our cultural stability (Understand, Bacham is black, and that matters in a second here).

He then talks about Jesus' relationship to the Pharisees, and states "I have no proof of this, but I think Jesus was brought up a Phraisee--because the way he spoke to them was done in a way only a peer can do" He then holds up his arm and gazes at his skin and says "Kind of like . . . . . "

(sound of home run)

Originalist 01-21-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 God (Post 1600454)

Since when does the first resurrection have parts?

Ronnie G 01-21-2021 04:20 PM

And back to the subject itself.

I would so appear that the false prophets are now pivoting to a "Trump's loss is all part of the plan" form of appalling transmogrification.

At least one guy has apologized for the false prophecies. That Mark Taylor guy just doubles down with that "keep your head on a swivel," idiocy, that make sound like he's low-crawling with an M-72 grenade pin in his mouth.

This guarantees that "Q" (who's been dormant for 44 days as of this moment) will soon rise up like some aberrant phoenix and carry the water for a huge loss in the 2022 mid-terms, when no one is putting in the work to register voters.

Well, no one except the left.

The level of faith in this anonymous obelisk is staggering. Even Shirley Temple said "I believed in Santa right up until he asked for my autograph."

1 God 01-21-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Originalist (Post 1600516)
Since when does the first resurrection have parts?

Since 1 Cor 15 and Rev 20.

coksiw 01-21-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie G (Post 1600515)
I was listening to Voddie Baucham speak about Cultural Marxim on YouTube (I recommend it to ANYONE).

He was talking about the way BLM is a huge inroad to eroding our cultural stability (Understand, Bacham is black, and that matters in a second here).

He then talks about Jesus' relationship to the Pharisees, and states "I have no proof of this, but I think Jesus was brought up a Phraisee--because the way he spoke to them was done in a way only a peer can do" He then holds up his arm and gazes at his skin and says "Kind of like . . . . . "

(sound of home run)

There were mainly two schools in the Pharisees group: the Hillel and the Shammai. Some people believe that Jesus was rebuking the Shammai school and siding with Hillel. Hillel was more liberal, Shammai was more strict and full of "fences" (traditions) to help you fulfill the law safely, that ended up undermining true mercy.

Jesus actually rebuked them both, lol.
For example, the rebukes regarding the Sabbath was most likely directed to the Shammai school; and the rebuke regarding divorce only on sexual immorality (and not just because of burning a meal, really) was most likely directed to the Hillel one.

Evang.Benincasa 01-21-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple (Post 1600496)
Matt 27: 52-53

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

A good theory IMO. The answer to Doms question.

Either they went to Heaven with Jesus to enjoy immortality, believed by immortal soulists:

Or.....like you said they went into Jerusalem as a sign bearing witness to Christs resurrection. I mean there were 3000 almost immediately converted! This was multiplied in short time They saw amazing wonders!

They could have went back to sleep right away OR lived for a while then died again.

One thing is CERTAIN according to Paul. They did die again. How do we know?

1 Tim. 6: 14-16

Apostle Paul knew the truth. He said JESUS ONLY.......has immortality!

That means when Paul wrote to Timothy many years after the events of Christs resurrection HE BELIEVED no one else was immortal.

So, the fruit of Jesus' resurrection has death? Jesus alone having immortality means that only through the Christ will anyone living gain immortality. So, these resurrected people had to die again and resurrect again? I'll chalk that one up with Satan in his fly saucer and your modified version of the Watchtower belief on the godhead.

:laffatu

Evang.Benincasa 01-21-2021 07:58 PM

Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Mike, maybe you should stop making up your own doctrine and read.

The Christ has the immortality, which all must go through Him. He dwells in the knowledge and understanding which one can only get to it through Him. You can't approach the light on your own, not by your own human discipline 1 Corinthians 2:14. All must walk in the light as He is in the light 1 John 1:7. Jesus is the only one who can reveal the invisible Father. Does that make Him two? No, that makes Him God who all things consist and have their being Colossians 1:17. No one can draw near unless the Father draw them John 6:44

Mike 2 Peter 3:15-16 was written people just like you. :laffatu

Michael The Disciple 01-21-2021 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1600523)
Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Mike, maybe you should stop making up your own doctrine and read.

The Christ has the immortality, which all must go through Him. He dwells in the knowledge and understanding which one can only get to it through Him. You can't approach the light on your own, not by your own human discipline 1 Corinthians 2:14. All must walk in the light as He is in the light 1 John 1:7. Jesus is the only one who can reveal the invisible Father. Does that make Him two? No, that makes Him God who all things consist and have their being Colossians 1:17. No one can draw near unless the Father draw them John 6:44

Mike 2 Peter 3:15-16 was written people just like you. :laffatu

Jesus ONLY has immortality. Simple. Paul never believed ANYONE ELSE had yet attained immortality.

He says the same thing here.

1 Cor 15:2-23

20But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

In other words Jesus ONLY has immortality. So the resurrected ones in Matt. 27 were not raised to immortality but mortality. At least Paul never knew anything about it.