Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Café Blog-a-bit (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Emma's Holy Answers (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=4203)

Timmy 10-07-2009 01:47 PM

Re: Emma's Holy Answers

Emma, it's so good to see you again, and you are correct as always! :thumbsup

Emma Bontrager 10-07-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 813551)
Emma, it's so good to see you again, and you are correct as always! :thumbsup

It's good to see you too, Timothy. And, I certainly am.

Humbly yours,
Emma

Emma Bontrager 10-07-2009 01:58 PM

I would like to add that it is hard for me to understand why certain people are saying AFF has become more worldly. More worldly than what, I may ask? I think it is bizarre that people think they are more holy than others when both drive cars, both have electricity and so much is no different from the other. Separate yourselves in truth! THEN, you can say AFF is worldly. To me, there is no difference between the wedding ring wearing and the necklace wearing. They are ALL jewelry. No difference between the cut hair and uncut hair with no covering....neither is covered. No difference between the red wearer and the make-up wearer. Save yourselves from this untoward generation. (I have no idea what untoward means, but it's Bible!!)

Timmy 10-07-2009 02:06 PM

Hey, guess what! We had a three-hour power failure a few weeks ago. We were that much holier, at least for a while! Thought you'd be pleased to hear that, Emma. :)

Timmy 03-10-2011 11:07 AM

I'm glad you're back, Emma, as I have a question.

Our (electric) dryer broke down, last November. We used clothes-line outside, for a couple of months. Sadly, we bought a new dryer a few weeks ago. But my question is this: do I get any holiness credit for the months that we used the clothes-line? Or was that all washed away (pun intended) when we stopped?

Adam 03-10-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 1043404)

Our (electric) dryer broke down, last November. We used clothes-line outside, for a couple of months. Sadly, we bought a new dryer a few weeks ago. But my question is this: do I get any holiness credit for the months that we used the clothes-line? Or was that all washed away (pun intended) when we stopped?

Say three Hail Maytags and call me in the morning.

Timmy 03-10-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 1043452)

:lol

Emma Bontrager 03-12-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 1043404)

Hello, Timmy. Sorry, it has been a while since I have been online. I have been very busy with my 12 children.

You did get some holiness credit. However, it was indeed all WASHED away when you bought the dryer. You are completely backslidden re:clothesline holiness. Unless the dryer was bought by your wife. Then you are only at fault for not leading her correctly.

Emma Bontrager 03-12-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 1043452)

Oh, that sounds awfully Catholic. And kinda trinitarian.

Timmy 03-12-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma Bontrager (Post 1044708)
Hello, Timmy. Sorry, it has been a while since I have been online. I have been very busy with my 12 children.

You did get some holiness credit. However, it was indeed all WASHED away when you bought the dryer. You are completely backslidden re:clothesline holiness. Unless the dryer was bought by your wife. Then you are only at fault for not leading her correctly.

Thanks, Emma. It was indeed my wife who bought the dryer. I'll work on my leadership skills. ;)