Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sons Inheriting Churches from Fathers $$$ (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=54417)

leftcoast1 03-12-2021 11:13 PM

Re: Sons Inheriting Churches from Fathers $$$

Quote:

Originally Posted by consapente89 (Post 1601802)
And some devil thinks it’s a good idea to come posting on here and bring up a good brother’s past and post pics of his pre-conversion mugshots. An absolutely despicable devilish thing to do! I have never met Elder Parker personally, but know him to be nothing but an upstanding man of God who is facing very serious health concerns. If God isn’t behind this, certainly it will fail but this thread will still have been inspired out of the pits of hell!

Why not conduct a serious pastoral search vs. installing your son who has ZERO experience and lack of seminary education? This was a knee jerk decision to keep the $$ flowing in the family. Zero oversight and now these poor saints will suffer. I’m sure they are great people. Never met the guy but there is no way the general church body was consulted. At least ship him down to Wilson’s Bible school for a few years to see if he will complete something.

consapente89 03-13-2021 05:10 AM

Alright. Anything said is over your head. You can’t wrap your brain around the fact that it’s simply none of your business. Too bad you weren’t consulted I guess. If you want to do something about religious corruption, start working on the guy in the mirror, because you’re full of it man. I’m done here.

Michael The Disciple 03-13-2021 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leftcoast1 (Post 1601806)
Why not conduct a serious pastoral search vs. installing your son who has ZERO experience and lack of seminary education? This was a knee jerk decision to keep the $$ flowing in the family. Zero oversight and now these poor saints will suffer. I’m sure they are great people. Never met the guy but there is no way the general church body was consulted. At least ship him down to Wilson’s Bible school for a few years to see if he will complete something.

Seminary education is not necessarily a good thing.

TJJJ 03-13-2021 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by consapente89 (Post 1601771)
No association? Never attended Elder Parker’s meeting? Yeah something does smell fishy....this post. Sounds like something a disgruntled preacher would post. Besides that, all liars will have their part...get a prayer life and get over it.

Yeah, that's what I figured also. Ol lefty is either a person in that district who is jealous of La Grande or he has family there who is feeding him. His posting speaks against him.

Guys like that rail against others and then turn around and do that or worse.

jediwill83 03-13-2021 09:21 AM

Posts like this is why Saul needed to change his name to Paul.

Tithesmeister 03-13-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJJJ (Post 1601765)
And how dare Jess give it to someone else and not you! C'mon man, if it's not of God then it won't matter, if God is in it then it will. Period. That church has a board of elders who had to approve it, apparently they didn't see it like you. Roll on and find another place to Pastor so you can do the same thing when you retire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJJJ (Post 1601766)
That's why he has a board of elders and the government of the assembly ratified it. You don't have to agree with it but you don't matter in this issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by consapente89 (Post 1601771)
No association? Never attended Elder Parker’s meeting? Yeah something does smell fishy....this post. Sounds like something a disgruntled preacher would post. Besides that, all liars will have their part...get a prayer life and get over it.

Well. . .

It seems like y’all have it figured out!

Leftcoast1? Would you like to verify that you are indeed a preacher? And that you aspired to pastor this church?

The implication is that you are a liar. Could you respond to these accusations?

As far as his opinion mattering, or not, a preacher should have a sound reputation, within as well as without the church. His opinion matters. Not as much as the members opinions. But still . . .

In what world does the opinion of the brethren not matter? I don’t think this opinion stands up to the scripture.

Originalist 03-13-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1601799)
According to the Elder.

His son was out of church when those offensives were done. He has not been in jail or trouble with the law for about 5 years. He has recently been married with 2 very young children. He has been preaching in the local assembly, the local church is behind the transition, they have experienced growth and excitement.

Just like Tjjj said, if God is not behind this, it will fail.

It all depends on what you call "failure."

leftcoast1 03-13-2021 09:36 PM

The goal of this thread is not to disparage any one person. When I discovered this specific case, I felt it was important to shed some light on a real problem in Apostolic churches; the founding Pastor treating the church like it is a personal business to pass down to the next generation.

If finances are not a strong motivating factor, why make such a quick move towards installing your son as pastor? Even if, God forbid, Elder Parker passes away tomorrow, let the church board conduct a thorough and thoughtful Pastoral search. Setting some of Parker Jr's misgivings aside, it would still be highly inappropriate and somewhat disingenuous to some of the long term saints to install your son as Pastor with no formal leadership experience.

Some of you have been playing the same fiddle for years and I get that. Any time someone speaks out against the status quo, this person must be disgruntled or has a bone to pick. Think out side the box for five seconds and you just might agree with me. . . secretly of course.

Tithesmeister 03-13-2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leftcoast1 (Post 1601827)
The goal of this thread is not to disparage any one person. When I discovered this specific case, I felt it was important to shed some light on a real problem in Apostolic churches; the founding Pastor treating the church like it is a personal business to pass down to the next generation.

If finances are not a strong motivating factor, why make such a quick move towards installing your son as pastor? Even if, God forbid, Elder Parker passes away tomorrow, let the church board conduct a thorough and thoughtful Pastoral search. Setting some of Parker Jr's misgivings aside, it would still be highly inappropriate and somewhat disingenuous to some of the long term saints to install your son as Pastor with no formal leadership experience.

Some of you have been playing the same fiddle for years and I get that. Any time someone speaks out against the status quo, this person must be disgruntled or has a bone to pick. Think out side the box for five seconds and you just might agree with me. . . secretly of course.

It is the age-old question.

Is that he pastor God’s gift to the church?

Or is the church God’s gift to the pastor?

I know we call it Brother So&So’s church. But isn’t it supposed to be God’s church?
And weren’t the apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers given to the church? (God’s gift to the church?)

Sometimes it seems we have it backwards. The pastor is given to the church, right?

Not the church given to the pastor.

Nicodemus1968 03-14-2021 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1601817)
Well. . .

It seems like y’all have it figured out!

Leftcoast1? Would you like to verify that you are indeed a preacher? And that you aspired to pastor this church?

The implication is that you are a liar. Could you respond to these accusations?

As far as his opinion mattering, or not, a preacher should have a sound reputation, within as well as without the church. His opinion matters. Not as much as the members opinions. But still . . .

In what world does the opinion of the brethren not matter? I don’t think this opinion stands up to the scripture.

Commenting in the bold red text.

I agree with you.

Yet, are you implying, that this young preacher doesn’t have a sound reputation? Did he have trouble with the law years ago? Yes he did, leftcoast even provided pictures (mugshots) for all of us to see.

Yet, the founding Apostle to that church said, he hasn’t been in trouble ever since 2016. Furthermore, he didn’t start preaching right away after he was released from jail. He wasn't used in the “pulpit ministry” for 4-5 years after. He was used in other forms of leadership roles.