Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Café Blog-a-bit (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Emma's Holy Answers (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=4203)

Emma Bontrager 07-09-2007 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Coffee Ms. (Post 178792)
Emma. did you go outside your community for your education. The language you speak, is most definately different from all other Amish that I have known?

Or did you come into the community after you completed your education and find favor with one of the young Amish Gentlemen and conform to their ways and get married?

I wasn't raised Amish. I just knew that this was the most holy way to go. When my husband saw that he would get home-cooked meals all the time, he thought it was a good idea too. Actually I am a terribly confused person, trying to fit in. But I never tell anybody that because then they wouldn't want to be holy like me. :)

Really I am just a just ficticious person having fun. :D

Glenda B 07-09-2007 09:40 AM

There is no plan of salvation in the Amish Community Church, is there? If not, how can you claim to be Holy, you're just good. I don't even think they pray, am I correct?

Barb 07-09-2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Coffee Ms. (Post 178840)
There is no plan of salvation in the Amish Community Church, is there? If not, how can you claim to be Holy, you're just good. I don't even think they pray, am I correct?

Dost thou believe that Emma is a real person?! :winkgrin

Glenda B 07-09-2007 10:52 AM

It's all a FARCE sister, If she were real I would not have said she wasn't Holy either, that's not my call to make, but I have read lots of things about Amish people. It would be really neat to know one personally. Of course one would not be allowed to use this evil one eyed monster. LOL

Timmy 10-07-2009 10:00 AM

Re: Emma's Holy Answers

Hey, Emma, here's a question for you:

What are you gonna do about my thread tying your thread in number of views, hmm? Both are at 1,529. ;)

Timmy 10-07-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 813326)

What are you gonna do about my thread tying your thread in number of views, hmm? Both are at 1,529. ;)

Now you pulled ahead, 1,553 to 1,529! How did you do that? :lol

*AQuietPlace* 10-07-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 813484)

You bumped it and we're all looking at it.

Maybe you need to bump yours, too.

Timmy 10-07-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* (Post 813487)
You bumped it and we're all looking at it.

Maybe you need to bump yours, too.

No, that's not it. Emma .... did something!

:ursofunny

Emma Bontrager 10-07-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 813326)

Why hello, Timotheous. Imagine my shock and surprise that when I read todays postings, there was my name "EMMA" right there on the first page. I have not posted in a long time as I am very busy, but, not too busy to say hello to my friends and loyal fans, of which, I know you are one.

Now, I must say, Timotheous that competition is not becoming. It is certainly not a good nor godly thing to be thinking when it comes to spiritual threads such as these but I am glad that you brought the subject up so my horse can continue to outrun yours, so to speak. Emma's Holy Answers must certainly be more spiritual and holy than anything that could be thought up by certain which shall not be named and not to be taken in any offense whatsoever, but I speak the truth in love, of course, for the benefit of all who read.

I am certain that there are some, who, seeing the light, will certainly give up the worldly things like cars and watches and suchlike. Would that there were two of me, to sacrifice my time on the saving of souls and not just the rearing of fleshly children.

Emma Bontrager 10-07-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 813484)

I prayed about it and it just happened. :) It must be my prayers.

Timmy 10-07-2009 01:47 PM

Emma, it's so good to see you again, and you are correct as always! :thumbsup

Emma Bontrager 10-07-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 813551)
Emma, it's so good to see you again, and you are correct as always! :thumbsup

It's good to see you too, Timothy. And, I certainly am.

Humbly yours,
Emma

Emma Bontrager 10-07-2009 01:58 PM

I would like to add that it is hard for me to understand why certain people are saying AFF has become more worldly. More worldly than what, I may ask? I think it is bizarre that people think they are more holy than others when both drive cars, both have electricity and so much is no different from the other. Separate yourselves in truth! THEN, you can say AFF is worldly. To me, there is no difference between the wedding ring wearing and the necklace wearing. They are ALL jewelry. No difference between the cut hair and uncut hair with no covering....neither is covered. No difference between the red wearer and the make-up wearer. Save yourselves from this untoward generation. (I have no idea what untoward means, but it's Bible!!)

Timmy 10-07-2009 02:06 PM

Hey, guess what! We had a three-hour power failure a few weeks ago. We were that much holier, at least for a while! Thought you'd be pleased to hear that, Emma. :)

Timmy 03-10-2011 11:07 AM

I'm glad you're back, Emma, as I have a question.

Our (electric) dryer broke down, last November. We used clothes-line outside, for a couple of months. Sadly, we bought a new dryer a few weeks ago. But my question is this: do I get any holiness credit for the months that we used the clothes-line? Or was that all washed away (pun intended) when we stopped?

Adam 03-10-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 1043404)

Our (electric) dryer broke down, last November. We used clothes-line outside, for a couple of months. Sadly, we bought a new dryer a few weeks ago. But my question is this: do I get any holiness credit for the months that we used the clothes-line? Or was that all washed away (pun intended) when we stopped?

Say three Hail Maytags and call me in the morning.

Timmy 03-10-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 1043452)

:lol

Emma Bontrager 03-12-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 1043404)

Hello, Timmy. Sorry, it has been a while since I have been online. I have been very busy with my 12 children.

You did get some holiness credit. However, it was indeed all WASHED away when you bought the dryer. You are completely backslidden re:clothesline holiness. Unless the dryer was bought by your wife. Then you are only at fault for not leading her correctly.

Emma Bontrager 03-12-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 1043452)

Oh, that sounds awfully Catholic. And kinda trinitarian.

Timmy 03-12-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma Bontrager (Post 1044708)
Hello, Timmy. Sorry, it has been a while since I have been online. I have been very busy with my 12 children.

You did get some holiness credit. However, it was indeed all WASHED away when you bought the dryer. You are completely backslidden re:clothesline holiness. Unless the dryer was bought by your wife. Then you are only at fault for not leading her correctly.

Thanks, Emma. It was indeed my wife who bought the dryer. I'll work on my leadership skills. ;)

Emma Bontrager 03-13-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 1044743)
Thanks, Emma. It was indeed my wife who bought the dryer. I'll work on my leadership skills. ;)

Yes, those Jezebel women will set you back, especially when they go lusting after dryers and such. I will pray for you that your leadership will become more efficient. Of course, you can't help it when you have a brazen usurper living with you.

Timmy 03-13-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma Bontrager (Post 1044786)
Yes, those Jezebel women will set you back, especially when they go lusting after dryers and such. I will pray for you that your leadership will become more efficient. Of course, you can't help it when you have a brazen usurper living with you.

:thumbsup

Amanah 02-09-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma Bontrager (Post 134589)
Whoa! I just had an epiphany!! This is a prophecy direct from heaven!! I would that [you] would repent and give up all worldly things! Give your heart to the Lord and be ye separate!! Follow the ways of Emma and the Amish and you will find rest for your soul [you]!!!!! :grampa:grampa

I miss you Emma . . .

Ronnie G 01-19-2021 05:50 PM

I have questions—I think.

votivesoul 01-19-2021 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie G (Post 1600369)
I have questions—I think.

"Emma" was a spoof account designed to mock or perhaps even malign ultra-conservative holiness standards.

Ronnie G 01-19-2021 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by votivesoul (Post 1600375)
"Emma" was a spoof account designed to mock or perhaps even malign ultra-conservative holiness standards.

Almost like “Slapastolic,’” I assume.

Thanks.

Evang.Benincasa 07-14-2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanah (Post 1468257)
I miss you Emma . . .

Yeah she is missed like a bad case of shingles.