Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=54591)

Evang.Benincasa 12-03-2021 04:23 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1606554)
Let me say this. Iím not against a man reaping what he has sown. If a man has done a crime he will be punished. What Iím saying is the church should not be for capital punishment because of the ďeye for an eyeĒ verse.

How about life in prison? Death and living in a day to day hell is as good as death. Yet you are still alive.

Evang.Benincasa 12-03-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606556)
Can you post the scripture that makes you think that the church should be against capital punishment?

What did Jesus teach on the subject?

Jesus said "he that is without sin cast the first stone." He didn't say it shouldn't happen. He just reminded them how it should be performed legally. The man who was also in the act surprisingly wasn't there next to her. Therefore, her being executed alone, would of been illegal.

Nicodemus1968 12-03-2021 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606556)
Can you post the scripture that makes you think that the church should be against capital punishment?

What did Jesus teach on the subject?

I already brought it up.

John 8:3-7 KJV
[3] And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
[4] They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. [5] Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
[6] This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
[7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

By the same Old Covenant as some have used to stand for capital punishment, Jesus himself overturned an execution.

I didnít realize Pro-Life was only for the unborn?

Can you some me in scripture where Jesus was for capital punishment?

Nicodemus1968 12-03-2021 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606557)
How about life in prison? Death and living in a day to day hell is as good as death. Yet you are still alive.

I understand.

I just canít believe how some on here feel Americas justice system is to be trusted in a way that weighs a persons life in the balance. I mean they donít even trust it (FDA) for vaccine development, and they trust it to put a person to death?
Imagine all those that were executed in Texas that they then found out were really innocent. SMH

Evang.Benincasa 12-03-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1606559)
I already brought it up.

John 8:3-7 KJV
[3] And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
[4] They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. [5] Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
[6] This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
[7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

By the same Old Covenant as some have used to stand for capital punishment, Jesus himself overturned an execution.

I didnít realize Pro-Life was only for the unborn?

Can you some me in scripture where Jesus was for capital punishment?

The scripture you quoted from John shows that Jesus was for capital punishment. Because it was part of the Law of Moses.

Evang.Benincasa 12-03-2021 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1606560)
I understand.

I just canít believe how some on here feel Americas justice system is to be trusted in a way that weighs a persons life in the balance. I mean they donít even trust it (FDA) for vaccine development, and they trust it to put a person to death?
Imagine all those that were executed in Texas that they then found out were really innocent. SMH

We in the church can only pray that God who holds all men in his hands will give mercy. He is the one who sets the captives free, whether out of the incarceration, or having them go to be with Him, after execution. Death isn't the end for an Apostolic, it's the beginning.

coksiw 12-03-2021 05:00 PM

Nicodemus,
Saying "I'm sorry" is not enough for justice to be satisfied. Plenty of example of that in the Scriptures, the thief and the one that committed fraud had to do restitution to the victims and also do a sacrifice for their sins before the LORD. But you can start for example with why it was necessary a Calvary to begin with.

Also, you are assuming all murders want to repent. Imagine the abuse in the system if all judges and juries think like you? Murder, ask for forgiveness, repeat. Do you think God will be happy to see the bloodshed not being punished?

When people murder, they are not only sinning against the person that died, but also against the relatives left behind with an emptiness, against the community's law and order, and against God himself. Have you had any loved one murdered? When you leave the trenches you lose perspective.

God himself, as I posted from Genesis, says that the fair punishment for murder is death, and that should be executed by other men. That was said before the Law of Moses. If you don't do that, you are polluting the earth.
Genesis 9:5-6 (NKJV) 5 Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man's brother I will require the life of man.
6 "Whoever sheds man's blood,
By man his blood shall be shed;
For in the image of God
He made man

Nicodemus1968 12-03-2021 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606561)
The scripture you quoted from John shows that Jesus was for capital punishment. Because it was part of the Law of Moses.

Thats why I separated what Im discussing with the New Testament believer.

Nicodemus1968 12-03-2021 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coksiw (Post 1606565)
Nicodemus,
Saying "I'm sorry" is not enough for justice to be satisfied. Plenty of example of that in the Scriptures, the thief and the one that committed fraud had to do restitution to the victims and also do a sacrifice for their sins before the LORD. But you can start for example with why it was necessary a Calvary to begin with.

Also, you are assuming all murders want to repent. Imagine the abuse in the system if all judges and juries think like you? Murder, ask for forgiveness, repeat. Do you think God will be happy to see the bloodshed not being punished?

When people murder, they are not only sinning against the person that died, but also against the relatives left behind with an emptiness, against the community's law and order, and against God himself. Have you had any loved one murdered? When you leave the trenches you lose perspective.

God himself, as I posted from Genesis, says that the fair punishment for murder is death, and that should be executed by other men. That was said before the Law of Moses. If you don't do that, you are polluting the earth.
Genesis 9:5-6 (NKJV) 5 Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man's brother I will require the life of man.
6 "Whoever sheds man's blood,
By man his blood shall be shed;
For in the image of God
He made man

Brother I don't believe all murders want to repent. I was blessed enough to be in the prison system giving bible studies to people that will never see the world outside the rec. fence. There were some in prison that probably if given the chance would go out and commit the same crime that got them incarcerated in the first place.

Yet, I believe we the church is held to the higher standard when it comes to issues of this caliber.

Nicodemus1968 12-03-2021 06:52 PM

Imagine if we still lived under the Mosaic law, it would be the responsibility of the church to carry out the executions. Would that be fair to say?

Evang.Benincasa 12-03-2021 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1606567)
Thats why I separated what Im discussing with the New Testament believer.

My point is that Jesus didn't disagree with capital punishment, He just disagreed with doing that punishment illegally. As in the case of the woman caught in adulatory. He had no problem with divorce, He had a problem with it being done haphazardly. One must also keep in mind that He was the Law incarnate, and that He never came to destroy the law, but complete it. Jesus was a law keeper. Brother Esaias has a thread here where he explains how a Theocracy would implement capital punishment. Yet, the Church isn't the one putting people to death, correct? Romans 13 lays out about authority and how the police officer isn't your problem as long as you are walking the line. Paul didn't see a problem with governmental powers taking your head off with the sword, if you deserved it Romans 13:4 .

Evang.Benincasa 12-03-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1606568)
Brother I don't believe all murders want to repent. I was blessed enough to be in the prison system giving bible studies to people that will never see the world outside the rec. fence. There were some in prison that probably if given the chance would go out and commit the same crime that got them incarcerated in the first place.

Yet, I believe we the church is held to the higher standard when it comes to issues of this caliber.

I'm not understanding your direction. The Church doesn't build prisons, or execute anyone. They are told to shun those who walk disorderly. We are to pray and comfort those in prison. praying that they may come to Christ, and be rehabilitated. Let me ask you something, how long do you believe we can keep storing people like Darrel Brookes?

Nicodemus1968 12-04-2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606571)
I'm not understanding your direction. The Church doesn't build prisons, or execute anyone. They are told to shun those who walk disorderly. We are to pray and comfort those in prison. praying that they may come to Christ, and be rehabilitated. Let me ask you something, how long do you believe we can keep storing people like Darrel Brookes?

No, the church doesn't build prisons or has the authority to execute anyone. As far as the old covenant was concerned under the mosaic law the leaders were allowed to openly execute one who broke several laws. In the time of Jesus they no longer had that authority, rather that was now determined by the Roman Government.

To use scripture in the old covenant to support executions that have been put way in the church since I guess one could say, Christ. We shouldn't use the same scripture to show our support for a worldly government that kills another man or women based on the countries laws. Our Government isn't founding on Christ nor do they support Christ in any way. They belong to a kingdom and the church belongs to a kingdom, the church supports life, the world supports death. Thats why the Former Governor of Rick Perry could proudly exclaim the number of people the State of Texas has executed, and many in that number have been wrongful deaths.

I won't say anything about a believer liking the death penalty but when they bring scripture up to support why they're in favor for our Government doing such an act.

As far as Paul, he was correct to say rulers are terrors or evil works. The church is not so, they're laws in this country that we abide, and so we should. And if an individual breaks them he will be punished. Should the church be hand in hand with Justice System on the death penalty? I don't thinks so. Simply put, I'm Pro-Life.

Nicodemus1968 12-04-2021 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606558)
Jesus said "he that is without sin cast the first stone." He didn't say it shouldn't happen. He just reminded them how it should be performed legally. The man who was also in the act surprisingly wasn't there next to her. Therefore, her being executed alone, would of been illegal.

He (Jesus) didn't bring up the fact that the law states both partiers have to be executed, as the result of why he was against her death sentence. It's the simple fact that he came to give mercy instead of Judgment. Matter of fact, he told her, go and sin no more! From that moment forward she will no longer be accused of that sin as long as she doesn't commit the same sin.

The church operates in a completely different direction than this world.

Thank you Lord for fulling what the Law lacked.

Evang.Benincasa 12-04-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1606575)
He (Jesus) didn't bring up the fact that the law states both partiers have to be executed, as the result of why he was against her death sentence. It's the simple fact that he came to give mercy instead of Judgment. Matter of fact, he told her, go and sin no more! From that moment forward she will no longer be accused of that sin as long as she doesn't commit the same sin.

The church operates in a completely different direction than this world.

Thank you Lord for fulling what the Law lacked.

Jesus didn't bring up the fact there was no man, because it is in His accusation of "he who is without sin cast the first stone" The two or three witnesses had to be at the scene of any crime. Therefore we are given the clue "we caught her in the "very act." Hence to all those who are reading this with total knowledge of the law system concerning out of the mouth of two to three witness may a man be put to death. Would acknowledge that one of those witnesses were either the man who was with her, or allowed the man to go free. He who is without sin, doesn't mean some Presbyterian Southern Baptist we are all sinners even after conversion mumbo jumbo. Jesus wasn't pointing out that everyone is a sinner, so therefore everyone should be executed for their sins Jesus was simply pointing out the illegality of what was going on Remember, Jesus was constantly pointing out how the rabbinate were constantly twisting the law, and leaving parts out of the law to serve themselves. Hence the reason we are introduced to this woman in John, with Moses said. Jesus dispersing the individuals who realize they messed up "lawfully" starting with the elders then to the youngers. Then Jesus can state "where are your accusers? Go and no longer to commit crimes!" Simple, and easy. Jesus wasn't against a legal ruling of execute adulterers, male and female. He was against people executing just one party of the crime and letting the other go scot free.

Evang.Benincasa 12-04-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1606574)
I'm Pro-Life.

I just had to skinny this down for you.

Can you answer my question...how long do you believe we can keep storing people like Darrell Brooks?

Evang.Benincasa 12-04-2021 10:21 AM

Quote:

I'm Pro-Life.

Do you believe an innocent is on the same footing as a serial rapist?

Bro, we are pro life of innocent children, that they may have an opportunity to live and thrive. Capital punishment is for those who are no longer human, you cannot even call them animals. Because animals only do what they are designed to do by nature. Men become monsters know better, they have the capacity to reason, and decern, yet they give into the demonic. Consumed with a spirit of evil, where even the demons themselves no longer have to control the host. As it was once said, "Men get arrested; dogs get put down." God is merciful, and always reaches out to a soul no matter how wicked, but it is up to man to reach back when he hears the call. If you had converted Jesus name baptized pedophiles attending your church, would you place any restrictions on them? This question may be slightly off the subject, but I feel itís important. Would you place restrictions on these people in your fellowship?

Tithesmeister 12-04-2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

No, the church doesn't build prisons or has the authority to execute anyone. As far as the old covenant was concerned under the mosaic law the leaders were allowed to openly execute one who broke several laws. In the time of Jesus they no longer had that authority, rather that was now determined by the Roman Government.

To use scripture in the old covenant to support executions that have been put way in the church since I guess one could say, Christ. We shouldn't use the same scripture to show our support for a worldly government that kills another man or women based on the countries laws. Our Government isn't founding on Christ nor do they support Christ in any way. They belong to a kingdom and the church belongs to a kingdom, the church supports life, the world supports death. Thats why the Former Governor of Rick Perry could proudly exclaim the number of people the State of Texas has executed, and many in that number have been wrongful deaths.

I won't say anything about a believer liking the death penalty but when they bring scripture up to support why they're in favor for our Government doing such an act.

As far as Paul, he was correct to say rulers are terrors or evil works. The church is not so, they're laws in this country that we abide, and so we should. And if an individual breaks them he will be punished. Should the church be hand in hand with Justice System on the death penalty? I don't thinks so. Simply put, I'm Pro-Life.

In reference to the bolded statement youíre saying that we shouldnít hold the old covenant laws over to the new covenant. Just to be clear the government is who is doing so. And you think itís horribly wrong.

I detect hypocrisy of biblical proportions. YOU believe in tithing, which is another of the old covenant laws. It is never endorsed after the crucifixion. YOU, and other preachers (not the government) are the ones who drag it forward, around the cross and load it on the backs of the sheeple like seasoned Pharisees who bore the wrath of our Savior.

WOE unto you and the other ďhypocritesĒ that Jesus was so angry with. You are all about leaving the old covenant behind the cross . . .

Until it affects your pocketbook. Jesus called it the leaven of the Pharisees. The disciples thought he was speaking of bread. He enlightened them. No, I am talking about their hypocrisy.

What do you have to say for yourself?

Do you think the tithe doctrine is Jesus approved?

Iíd really appreciate an answer, instead of you ducking and running . . .

Like you ALWAYS do.

Nicodemus1968 12-04-2021 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606577)
I just had to skinny this down for you.

Can you answer my question...how long do you believe we can keep storing people like Darrell Brooks?

Iím going to have to look up who Darrell Brooks is. Iím sorry.

Nicodemus1968 12-04-2021 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606579)
In reference to the bolded statement you’re saying that we shouldn’t hold the old covenant laws over to the new covenant. Just to be clear the government is who is doing so. And you think it’s horribly wrong.

I detect hypocrisy of biblical proportions. YOU believe in tithing, which is another of the old covenant laws. It is never endorsed after the crucifixion. YOU, and other preachers (not the government) are the ones who drag it forward, around the cross and load it on the backs of the sheeple like seasoned Pharisees who bore the wrath of our Savior.

WOE unto you and the other “hypocrites” that Jesus was so angry with. You are all about leaving the old covenant behind the cross . . .

Until it affects your pocketbook. Jesus called it the leaven of the Pharisees. The disciples thought he was speaking of bread. He enlightened them. No, I am talking about their hypocrisy.

I’d really appreciate an answer, instead of you ducking and running . . .

Like you ALWAYS do.

In todays standards, absolutely not!

I don’t believe a preacher or minister should be rich or living high off the hog on the back on the church. If you have a calling for a specific ministry God will supply your needs. Understand Tithemeister that is my conviction I’m not going to debate you about what other preachers do.

Evang.Benincasa 12-04-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1606580)
Iím going to have to look up who Darrell Brooks is. Iím sorry.

What?

Brother, this thread you are currently posting in, is all about him.

Watch the videos.

Evang.Benincasa 12-04-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606579)
In reference to the bolded statement youíre saying that we shouldnít hold the old covenant laws over to the new covenant. Just to be clear the government is who is doing so. And you think itís horribly wrong.

WOE unto you and the other ďhypocritesĒ that Jesus was so angry with. You are all about leaving the old covenant behind the cross . . .

Iíd really appreciate an answer, instead of you ducking and running . . .

Like you ALWAYS do.

Well, I guess you earned the name Tithemaster. :lol

Evang.Benincasa 12-04-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1606581)

I donít believe a preacher or minister should be rich or living high off the hog on the back on the church. If you have a calling for a specific ministry God will supply your needs. Understand Tithemeister that is my conviction Iím not going to debate you about what other preachers do.

You donít believe in accepting tithes?

Tithesmeister 12-04-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1606581)

I donít believe a preacher or minister should be rich or living high off the hog on the back on the church. If you have a calling for a specific ministry God will supply your needs. Understand Tithemeister that is my conviction Iím not going to debate you about what other preachers do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606584)
You donít believe in accepting tithes?

I know. Itís news to me IF he doesnít personally believe in accepting tithes as pastor. Iím pretty sure he has specifically said so in the past.

Aaaand Iím sure that tithing is an old covenant law.

Not to say that he couldnít repent from his wicked ways. Miracles still happen.

Nicodemus1968 12-04-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606582)
What?

Brother, this thread you are currently posting in, is all about him.

Watch the videos.

The videos were not showing up.

I apologize for not knowing the gentlemen's name that this thread is about.
I also have not been keeping up with the news lately.

Nicodemus1968 12-04-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606585)
I know. Itís news to me IF he doesnít personally believe in accepting tithes as pastor. Iím pretty sure he has specifically said so in the past.

Aaaand Iím sure that tithing is an old covenant law.

Not to say that he couldnít repent from his wicked ways. Miracles still happen.

I do agree with Bro. Benincasa, you have definitely earned your forum name.

I have been consistent on my views with tithes on this forum, now I will say I have been looking at tithe and offering in a different way the last 6 months or so. Im not going to go into detail. I have said since the beginning I don't believe tithe is a heaven or hell issue. Ive also said if the church desires to give the pastor 10% of their finances that's is up to them. Ive also said I personally don't believe in a part time ministry, and like myself I have supported the pastor through my finances so that he didn't have to have a full time job.

Tithesmeister 12-04-2021 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1606587)
I do agree with Bro. Benincasa, you have definitely earned your forum name.

Iím so glad you and EB can agree on something. I take it as a compliment from you both. The name means tithes teacher. Itís what I do.

Quote:

I have been consistent on my views with tithes on this forum,

Yes you have been consistent. I agree with you on that. Consistently wrong according to all available scripture but consistent nonetheless.

Quote:

now I will say I have been looking at tithe and offering in a different way the last 6 months or so. Im not going to go into detail. I have said since the beginning I don't believe tithe is a heaven or hell issue.

Sincere congratulations. It is important to have a heart that can be softened by the word of God.

Quote:

Ive also said if the church desires to give the pastor 10% of their finances that's is up to them.

I agree with you about this. If they want to give ten percent of their money to the pastor or their child or their local politician or whomever, that is their business. However the problem that I have is when the pastor twists the word of God and says he is entitled to ten percent of their money (which is NEVER tithed in the Bible anywhere). My problem you see is with false teaching. And it is SOMETIMES taught that it is IMPOSSIBLE to be saved unless they tithe.

Quote:

Ive also said I personally don't believe in a part time ministry,

You would obviously disagree with Paul on this subject if you are implying that a pastor or other minister should not hold a secular job.

Quote:

and like myself I have supported the pastor through my finances so that he didn't have to have a full time job.

It sounds like you were a victim of false teaching. Donít victimize others just because you were victimized.

I believe we would agree that ALL drunkards are lost . Itís pretty easy to support that doctrine with scripture.

1Cor.6

[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Drunkards shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Pretty straightforward. Itís there in black and white. Out of five listed sins being a drunkard will keep you out of the kingdom.

But what about preachers who steal money from their people that they are supposed to be serving?

What about pastors who covet the saints money soooo much that they have fabricated a whole doctrine to justify taking money from Jesusí very own church? It seems to be almost the same thing that provoked Jesus to take a whip and clean out the temple.

What about increasingly brazen pastors who contradict Jesus when He said salvation was a free gift, and they contend that it is impossible to be saved unless you pay them ten percent of your gross wage?

Well, thatís just gross! Aaaand itís also extortion!

So letís look at that verse again.

1Cor.6

[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Pastors need to be very careful. Because, he that would be rich falls into many temptations. Including twisting scripture and teaching false doctrine.

I teach that thieves (even preachers who are stealing tithes) nor the covetous (even pastors who are coveting money to which they are not entitled) nor extortionists (even pastors who are extorting tithes from their members by telling them they will be lost unless they ďvoluntarilyĒ give them ten percent) are lost! Aaaand they need to be preached to on the subject.

But Iím not gonna preach or anything. :thumbsup

diakonos 12-04-2021 07:29 PM

This is now a tithe thread. Ok.

Tithesmeister 12-04-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diakonos (Post 1606589)

Iím glad you approve.

Evang.Benincasa 12-04-2021 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diakonos (Post 1606589)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606588)
The name means tithes teacher. Itís what I do.

He is an ecclesiastical one trick pony. :heeheehee

Hey Titheweaver, there is only about five people who post here. We all know your song. You think you might want to change up your play list.

Evang.Benincasa 12-04-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606590)
Iím glad you approve.

Far from it my man. :lol

Tithesmeister 12-04-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606591)
He is an ecclesiastical one trick pony. :heeheehee

Hey Titheweaver, there is only about five people who post here. We all know your song. You think you might want to change up your play list.

Nah. Iím good.

Esaias 12-05-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coksiw (Post 1606538)
He is getting life in prison.
[Gen 9:5 NKJV] "Surely for your lifeblood I will demand [a reckoning]; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man's brother I will require the life of man.
[Gen 9:6 NKJV] "Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man.
God expects from Gentile human courts capital penalty for intentional killing like that. I wonder if "life in prison" will just attract judgment for the guilt of bloodshed.

Yes.
Whoso killeth any person, the murderer shall be put to death by the mouth of witnesses: but one witness shall not testify against any person to cause him to die. Moreover ye shall take no satisfaction for the life of a murderer, which is guilty of death: but he shall be surely put to death. And ye shall take no satisfaction for him that is fled to the city of his refuge, that he should come again to dwell in the land, until the death of the priest. So ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: for blood it defileth the land: and the land cannot be cleansed of the blood that is shed therein, but by the blood of him that shed it.
(Num 35:30-33)

Esaias 12-05-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Should the church be hand in hand with Justice System on the death penalty? I don't thinks so. Simply put, I'm Pro-Life.

And will ye pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to my people that hear your lies?
(Eze 13:19)

Nicodemus1968 12-05-2021 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esaias (Post 1606595)
And will ye pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to my people that hear your lies?
(Eze 13:19)

Does this apply to our current government?

Im sorry to say, but if we truly lived by the old law, then the lot of us wouldn't be here. Im sorry I wasn't an angel in my life prior to my conversion, I would've been put to death a long time ago.

Esaias 12-05-2021 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1606598)
Does this apply to our current government?

Im sorry to say, but if we truly lived by the old law, then the lot of us wouldn't be here. Im sorry I wasn't an angel in my life prior to my conversion, I did things that would make you vomit, I would've been put to death a long time ago.

God said He is against those who unrighteously use religion to convince society to keep alive those whom He has appointed to die. If we are Christians we agree with God. If not, then we will likely hold other opinions that are not like His.

Nicodemus1968 12-05-2021 10:30 AM

Quote:

Yes you have been consistent. I agree with you on that. Consistently wrong according to all available scripture but consistent nonetheless.

Brother, how am I wrong that a soul isn't going to hell based upon their refusal to give 10% tithe? How am I wrong in my understanding that if a bro or sis in the church want to give out of a willing heart to help support their pastor or elder or bishop that they're able to do so? How am I wrong that the church should give from the heart and not from force?

Quote:

congratulations. It is important to have a heart that can be softened by the word of God.

This is very true.

Quote:

agree with you about this. If they want to give ten percent of their money to the pastor or their child or their local politician or whomever, that is their business. However the problem that I have is when the pastor twists the word of God and says he is entitled to ten percent of their money (which is NEVER tithed in the Bible anywhere). My problem you see is with false teaching. And it is SOMETIMES taught that it is IMPOSSIBLE to be saved unless they tithe.

If the pastor does this then he is in the hands of God. You have to realize if the pastor is saying "tithe or hell" then that means he has other issues going on other than what you're hearing.

Quote:

would obviously disagree with Paul on this subject if you are implying that a pastor or other minister should not hold a secular job.

Ok, you had to be laughing when you wrote this! I believe there is 2-3 verses that state Paul was tent making. The Apostle was used to write over half the new testament, I've read he started 14-20 churchs, went on 3 missionary journeys, was stoned, in fasting often, in dangers often, spent the night in the deep and many other things and your going to tell me he was a part time minister? I think not friend.

Quote:

sounds like you were a victim of false teaching. Donít victimize others just because you were victimized.

I wasn't a victim.

Quote:

believe we would agree that ALL drunkards are lost . Itís pretty easy to support that doctrine with scripture.

But what about preachers who steal money from their people that they are supposed to be serving?

What about pastors who covet the saints money soooo much that they have fabricated a whole doctrine to justify taking money from Jesusí very own church? It seems to be almost the same thing that provoked Jesus to take a whip and clean out the temple.

What about increasingly brazen pastors who contradict Jesus when He said salvation was a free gift, and they contend that it is impossible to be saved unless you pay them ten percent of your gross wage?

Well, thatís just gross! Aaaand itís also extortion!

Absolutely!
Yet, why stop at a preacher? That same standard goes for bro. and sis. that don't preach. Ive seen some greedy saints in my life, they have a nice house, nice car, everything in financial order and they won't give a dime to help the church door stay open. They won't help their neighbor in any way, they're consumed with themselves.

Quote:

need to be very careful. Because, he that would be rich falls into many temptations. Including twisting scripture and teaching false doctrine.

I teach that thieves (even preachers who are stealing tithes) nor the covetous (even pastors who are coveting money to which they are not entitled) nor extortionists (even pastors who are extorting tithes from their members by telling them they will be lost unless they ďvoluntarilyĒ give them ten percent) are lost! Aaaand they need to be preached to on the subject.

But Iím not gonna preach or anything. :thumbsup

Once again, Absolutely. Yet, it goes for the church as a whole. We are to give, yet we're to give cheerfully and not by manipulation.

I am blessed to have an elder in my life that started 4-5 church's across the USA and each of those church's to this day are running multiple hundreds of saints. If my number is correct he sold his house for $10-$12 million and gave it away to many church's through the world. He bought a used Chevy van and went everywhere preaching the gospel, when he was given an offering we used it to get to the next place to preach, he ministered everywhere from Eskimos of northern Canada to across the globe to the Buddhist's of India. Everything he has he gives back to the gospel. A well known preacher called him a couple years ago and said they're a couple millionaires in the church that want to buy him a car (his broke down), after he prayed about it he accepted the offer, and ask for them to purchase a couple year old Dodge Caravan. The preacher was stunned, he told him they're willingly to purchase him a Cadillac Escalade, he refused, he didn't want to drive up to a church in such a luxury vehicle.

This same man accepted tithes in the church's while he was the pastor. Yet, he gave it back.

Another story;

The Late Elder James Kilgore, had a very large church and a very prosperous church. Just for your understanding, an evangelist came to the church and before he preached he told Bro. Kilgore that he needed $1,200 per service, Bro. Kilgore told him, Im glad to give you the entire offering. He (evangelist) wasn't having that, because he had been to places that barely paid his gas, so now he has an amount that he wanted per service. After the service Bro. Kilgore wanted to give him the entire offering, he still refused, so Bro. Kilgore gave him a check for $1,200, and then told him the offering was $20,000 that night. You would think Bro. Kilgore is living off the backs of the saints, making millions and enjoying all the financial blessings of such a large giving church? Not at all, he lived in a room attached to the church, the church got together and bought him a new car, he returned it and gave the money back, by the time he died he had nothing, in finical terms he died a poor man.

Now, you harp very hard on preachers without being a preacher yourself, so are you willing to give everything you have to spread this gospel? How many saints in the church are willing to sell what they have and depend on the Jesus to give them what they need?

Should saints in the church have financial retirements? 401Ks? Pensions? Why? the Bible says not to think about tomorrow, we to seek FIRST the kingdom of God. Many in the church's today have their spirit affected by the amount of money in their checking account. And you're going to spend your time harping on a minister accepting tithe? All of us need to check our spirit, that if Jesus said to sell everything, and follow his will for our life, would we do it? The time may come when we have to, better start getting used to depend on him for your needs.....
Love you brother

Nicodemus1968 12-05-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esaias (Post 1606599)
God said He is against those who unrighteously use religion to convince society to keep alive those whom He has appointed to die. If we are Christians we agree with God. If not, then we will likely hold other opinions that are not like His.

Ok.

By the way, I do like the title under your name, "unvaxxed pureblood". I got a kick out of that.

Nicodemus1968 12-05-2021 10:37 AM

Sorry for falling for the tithe argument, we can continue with the death penalty discussion.

Evang.Benincasa 12-05-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606593)
Nah. Iím good.

Darrell Brooks Jr. would be proud.