Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=54591)

Tithesmeister 12-05-2021 03:27 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Brother Nicodemus,

Paul was a craftsman. His craft? Tentmaking.

You don’t learn a craft overnight. It was how he made a living. He was practicing what he was preaching. You see Paul not only made a living making tents, he also preached. He also wrote letters to the churches. In one of those letters he exhorted the leaders of the church at Ephesus to work night and day to support the weak in the church. Here’s where he called for the church leadership to meet him at Miletus.

Acts 20
[17] And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus, and called the elders of the church.

Did you understand that? Brother he isn’t teaching that they should be supported by the church, but that they should support the weak in the church. The very opposite of what you teach. Here’s the scripture.

[33] I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel.
[34] Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me.
[35] I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

This is the man that you correctly stated wrote much of the New Testament. You say that there were only two or three verses that identify him as a tentmaker. Do you believe those two or three verses?

How many verses do you require before you accept it as true?

Yet you don’t want to believe he was a part time minister? Brother that is your words. I believe Paul was a full time minister. And a full time tentmaker.

Do you know any mothers that have an occupation?

Do you say that they are a part time mother?

I understand that Paul is a challenge for pastors that pretend that it is impossible to hold a job and be a pastor simultaneously. But if you can read and understand the KJV English, you surely have to admit that Paul did preach and make tents, and write letters to churches, and get arrested, and was shipwrecked, and was imprisoned. It was his life. He preached it and he practiced it.

Edit: By the way EB? Did you notice that there is not one word in this post that means tenth? Not one mention!

Evang.Benincasa 12-05-2021 06:15 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606604)
Brother Nicodemus,

Paul was a craftsman. His craft? Tentmaking.

You don’t learn a craft overnight. It was how he made a living. He was practicing what he was preaching. You see Paul not only made a living making tents, he also preached. He also wrote letters to the churches. In one of those letters he exhorted the leaders of the church at Ephesus to work night and day to support the weak in the church. Here’s where he called for the church leadership to meet him at Miletus.

All that while he was under Roman arrest and being brought to Caesar.

Forget being a full "pastor" which he wasn't. But he was a full time Roman freeborn citizen who was a prisoner. Guarded by at least two to three Roman soldiers. Paul was an apostle, which modern day United States hasn't the foggiest idea what that even entailed. Elders ran the church families sprinkled around Asia Minor. Support would of been through those church families. Paul had people with him at times and it seems that he supported them. using Paul as the model for the modern pastor, isn't a good match.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606604)
Edit: By the way EB? Did you notice that there is not one word in this post that means tenth? Not one mention!

It's like this bro, you don't even have to say tenth, tithe, offering, velvet money sock, golden offering plate, or folded up to the size of a micro dot dollar bill, to know where you are heading.

Listen, my personal opinion is that this was (emphasis on was) an important thread. Hey, I understand you think you got a win. But it's like this, some people tithe, some people give offerings. Bro, you aren't the first guy to preach no tithing on this forum or any other blog, forum or chat room. You know what? People going to still tithe. Maybe you should start a no tithe church. There was a poster by the name of Rudy who was going to move to the location of whoever started the "No Tithe" church. But sad thing is none of the tithe troop wanted to take their show on the road and start a church. But I digress. I said all that to say this, who are you trying to convert? Are you making any headway? Do you tithe in real life?

Tithesmeister 12-06-2021 06:59 AM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1606602)
Sorry for falling for the tithe argument, we can continue with the death penalty discussion.

The state of Wisconsin (home of Darrell Brooks Jr.) doesnít have the death penalty. It was abolished in 1853. They are the only state that has only put one person to death ever. It sounds like he will get life in prison. Poor guy.

Nicodemus1968 12-06-2021 08:57 AM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606604)
Brother Nicodemus,

Do you know any mothers that have an occupation?

Do you say that they are a part time mother?

Brother, if the mother is gone for 8 hours a day, who's raising the kids? Because with all due respect, it's not the mom.

I was raised by my grandmother, why because my mom wasn't there. She was gone working, among other things. I have a special bond with my grandmother than I do not have with my mom.

like one song said, "that's just the way it is...."

Nicodemus1968 12-06-2021 09:11 AM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606604)
Brother Nicodemus,

Paul was a craftsman. His craft? Tentmaking.

[I] Rom 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, /I]

1Co 1:1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother

2Co 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia

Gal 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Eph 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Php 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

Col 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother,

1Th 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2Th 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

1Ti 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

2Ti 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Tit 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Phm 1:1 Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer,

Not arguing the fact that Paul didn't make tents, yet in my opinion that was way down on the list of what his calling was.

What comes first, the trade or the calling?

Tithesmeister 12-06-2021 11:49 AM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1606610)
Brother, if the mother is gone for 8 hours a day, who's raising the kids? Because with all due respect, it's not the mom.

I was raised by my grandmother, why because my mom wasn't there. She was gone working, among other things. I have a special bond with my grandmother than I do not have with my mom.

like one song said, "that's just the way it is...."

I agree with this post more than you know. The truth is that children are raised by the public schools more than the mothers. But most people, even Apostolic people, have their children in public schools. We are just now reaping the rewards of some of that raising. One of the blessings of Covid is that it opened the eyes of the parents to what was really going on.

Thank God for grandmothers.

Tithesmeister 12-06-2021 12:09 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1606611)
[I] Rom 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, /I]

1Co 1:1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother

2Co 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia

Gal 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Eph 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Php 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

Col 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother,

1Th 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2Th 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

1Ti 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

2Ti 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Tit 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Phm 1:1 Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer,

Not arguing the fact that Paul didn't make tents, yet in my opinion that was way down on the list of what his calling was.

What comes first, the trade or the calling?

I believe Paul used his trade to support his calling. That is my point. If you dig ditches for a living it doesnít mean you quit being a teacher, preacher, church elder, singer, piano player or witness for Jesus Christ.

Occupations are a way to get to talk to people in a way that otherwise may not be available to you. Most sermons are likely not preached in church buildings. My father sang and worked at the same time and he may well preach or witness if he believed it was appropriate. It doesnít mean that he didnít do a good job at both or all four. Does the calling to preach void a man of the ability and talent to drive nails? They are not mutually exclusive.

I do agree that the Bible is not only for the preachers to obey. It is for the church, which includes the preachers.

Aaaand I love you Brother. I sincerely hope you donít believe otherwise. Because I tell you the truth, not because I DONíT love you, but I tell you the truth and back it with scripture because I do.

Otherwise I wouldnít bother. Or as Paul the tentmaker would put it . . .

Gal.4

[16] Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Nicodemus1968 12-06-2021 12:12 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606616)
I believe Paul used his trade to support his calling. That is my point. If you dig ditches for a living it doesnít mean you quit being a teacher, preacher, church elder, singer, piano player or witness for Jesus Christ.

Occupations are a way to get to talk to people in a way that otherwise may not be available to you. Most sermons are likely not preached in church buildings. My father sang and worked at the same time and he may well preach or witness if he believed it was appropriate. It doesnít mean that he didnít do a good job at both or all four. Does the calling to preach void a man of the ability and talent to drive nails? They are not mutually exclusive.

I do agree that the Bible is not only for the preachers to obey. It is for the church, which includes the preachers.

Aaaand I love you Brother. I sincerely hope you donít believe otherwise. Because I tell you the truth, not because I DONíT love you, but I tell you the truth and back it with scripture because I do.

Otherwise I wouldnít bother. Or as Paul the tentmaker would put it . . .

Gal.4

[16] Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

I agree with that. For what itís worth.

Nicodemus1968 12-06-2021 12:14 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606615)
I agree with this post more than you know. The truth is that children are raised by the public schools more than the mothers. But most people, even Apostolic people, have their children in public schools. We are just now reaping the rewards of some of that raising. One of the blessings of Covid is that it opened the eyes of the parents to what was really going on.

Thank God for grandmothers.

That is the gospel truth.

Evang.Benincasa 12-06-2021 02:54 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606616)
I believe Paul used his trade to support his calling. That is my point. If you dig ditches for a living it doesn’t mean you quit being a teacher, preacher, church elder, singer, piano player or witness for Jesus Christ.

Occupations are a way to get to talk to people in a way that otherwise may not be available to you. Most sermons are likely not preached in church buildings. My father sang and worked at the same time and he may well preach or witness if he believed it was appropriate. It doesn’t mean that he didn’t do a good job at both or all four. Does the calling to preach void a man of the ability and talent to drive nails? They are not mutually exclusive.

I do agree that the Bible is not only for the preachers to obey. It is for the church, which includes the preachers.

Aaaand I love you Brother. I sincerely hope you don’t believe otherwise. Because I tell you the truth, not because I DON’T love you, but I tell you the truth and back it with scripture because I do.

Otherwise I wouldn’t bother. Or as Paul the tentmaker would put it . . .

Gal.4

[16] Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hey, have you ever started a church? Ever had a church family which you were the leadership? Talk about Jesus on the job? That really depends on what kind of job who have. Paul lived in a Theocracy, run by a priesthood. That priesthood was controlled by the ruling elite of his time and the Roman politico. Paul speaking about Jesus wasn't while he was stitching and sewing. We read that he was preaching and teaching in the Judean places of worship. But again, have you ever started a church?

Evang.Benincasa 12-06-2021 03:04 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606607)
The state of Wisconsin (home of Darrell Brooks Jr.) doesnít have the death penalty. It was abolished in 1853. They are the only state that has only put one person to death ever. It sounds like he will get life in prison. Poor guy.

Poor guy?

Please explain?

Poor as in he hadn't found Christ?

Tithesmeister 12-06-2021 03:10 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606621)
Poor guy?

Please explain?

Poor as in he hadn't found Christ?

Yes. And perhaps maybe a touch of sarcasm thrown in. But certainly he is to be pitied for his total need of Jesus. Maybe he really will find Jesus in prison.

But my heart really goes out to the true victims. The families and friends of those lives lost. The child? It’s tragic. They are truly in my prayers.

Tithesmeister 12-06-2021 03:27 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606620)
Hey, have you ever started a church? Ever had a church family which you were the leadership? Talk about Jesus on the job? That really depends on what kind of job who have. Paul lived in a Theocracy, run by a priesthood. That priesthood was controlled by the ruling elite of his time and the Roman politico. Paul speaking about Jesus wasn't while he was stitching and sewing. We read that he was preaching and teaching in the Judean places of worship. But again, have you ever started a church?

Brother EB?

Would you like to reconsider this post before I respond? Maybe do a little editing?

Iíll wait to give you the chance. I think you know better but maybe not?

Evang.Benincasa 12-07-2021 07:30 AM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606623)
Brother EB?

Would you like to reconsider this post before I respond? Maybe do a little editing?

Iíll wait to give you the chance. I think you know better but maybe not?

Respond

diakonos 12-07-2021 08:13 AM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606623)
Brother EB?

Would you like to reconsider this post

Whyy?

Evang.Benincasa 12-07-2021 08:18 AM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by diakonos (Post 1606630)
Whyy?

He thinks he is playing three-dimensional chess.

Nicodemus1968 12-07-2021 08:56 AM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606632)
He thinks he is playing three-dimensional chess.

Lol.

diakonos 12-07-2021 11:36 AM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606632)
He thinks he is playing three-dimensional chess.

:spit

Tithesmeister 12-07-2021 11:46 AM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606620)
Hey, have you ever started a church? Ever had a church family which you were the leadership? Talk about Jesus on the job? That really depends on what kind of job who have. Paul lived in a Theocracy, run by a priesthood. That priesthood was controlled by the ruling elite of his time and the Roman politico. Paul speaking about Jesus wasn't while he was stitching and sewing. We read that he was preaching and teaching in the Judean places of worship. But again, have you ever started a church?

Itís interesting EB that we have something in common. We have each started the same number of churches! How bout that?

Evang.Benincasa 12-07-2021 01:03 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606640)
Itís interesting EB that we have something in common. We have each started the same number of churches! How bout that?

I figured as much. You know absolutely zero about building a church ďecclesiaĒ called out group. Youíre a one trick pony, and think you have the edge on ministers who accept tithes. But I think Brother Blume brought up a good point a while back.

Brothers and sisters ďtithingĒ tenthing out of their earning associate it with blessing. They give, and the feel they are blessed in return. Cause and affect response to their freewill offering which they happen to narrow it down to just a tenth. Itís not tithing as in the Old Testament, itís a freewill offering, but they just happened to call it a tithe. Not everyone is giving it with wrong intent, and those collecting it arenít doing it with wrong intent. Are their bad apples? Of course, but there are also bad in every group. You failed to deal with anything in my post that concerns this discussion. Thinking you scored a win with ďstarting a churchĒ is akin to baptizing in our own name. All you prove is that your argument is tired. Well, I agree, you done beat that horse to powder. You donít know what it is like to dig out a work, and most likely are comfortable in the cheap seats pontificating to the new visitors about your expertise on ďtithingĒ

:heeheehee
Anyway, you just proved you canít defend your position outside of what you learned on the Internet. You came from some banged up cult church, then Iím sorry for your past. But we arenít your problem. Get over it, move on. Your ecclesiastical PTSD needs some rehabilitation.

Tithesmeister 12-07-2021 01:09 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606642)
I figured as much. You know absolutely zero about building a church ďecclesiaĒ called out group. Youíre a one trick pony, and think you have the edge on ministers who accept tithes. But I think Brother Blume brought up a good point a while back.

Brothers and sisters ďtithingĒ tenthing out of their earning associate it with blessing. They give, and the feel they are blessed in return. Cause and affect response to their freewill offering which they happen to narrow it down to just a tenth. Itís not tithing as in the Old Testament, itís a freewill offering, but they just happened to call it a tithe. Not everyone is giving it with wrong intent, and those collecting it arenít doing it with wrong intent. Are their bad apples? Of course, but there are also bad in every group. You failed to deal with anything in my post that concerns this discussion. Thinking you scored a win with ďstarting a churchĒ is akin to baptizing in our own name. All you prove is that your argument is tired. Well, I agree, you done beat that horse to powder. You donít know what it is like to dig out a work, and most likely are comfortable in the cheap seats pontificating to the new visitors about your expertise on ďtithingĒ

:heeheehee
Anyway, you just proved you canít defend your position outside of what you learned on the Internet. You came from some banged up cult church, then Iím sorry for your past. But we arenít your problem. Get over it, move on. Your ecclesiastical PTSD needs some rehabilitation.

How many churches have you started?

diakonos 12-07-2021 03:19 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606644)
How many churches have you started?

You were asked first.

Tithesmeister 12-07-2021 04:27 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by diakonos (Post 1606646)
You were asked first.

I answered. He didnít like my answer. But it is the truth.

Evang.Benincasa 12-07-2021 04:57 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606644)
How many churches have you started?

Quote:

Originally Posted by diakonos (Post 1606646)
You were asked first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606647)
I answered. He didn’t like my answer. But it is the truth.

So, I guess he doesn't attend a church, because he is part of The Church. :lol

Therefore when people ask him where does he go to church, he bores them with a soliloquy on how we are all part of THE CHURCH. Where Jesus is His pastor. I bet Jesus asks him into the office often. :heeheehee

TitheAllYouKnow is your Gospel has no tithing as part of its salvation plan?

Tithesmeister 12-07-2021 05:08 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606648)
So, I guess he doesn't attend a church, because he is part of The Church. :lol

Therefore when people ask him where does he go to church, he bores them with a soliloquy on how we are all part of THE CHURCH. Where Jesus is His pastor. I bet Jesus asks him into the office often. :heeheehee

TitheAllYouKnow is your Gospel has no tithing as part of its salvation plan?

How many churches have you started?

Evang.Benincasa 12-07-2021 05:14 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606649)
How many churches have you started?

What are you talking about?

Evang.Benincasa 12-07-2021 05:28 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Three dimensional chess

Tithesmeister 12-07-2021 05:48 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606651)
Three dimensional chess

Yeah. Itís a game alright. Itís more like baseball or basketball where you keep score and see who is winning the ďIím a better Christian than youĒ game. Itís not new, it was around in the New Testament. Jesus tried to stop it. It didnít work. Paul spoke against it. People still do it. Even folks who have been in church for several decades. Still trying to take credit away from God.

[1] And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
[2] I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
[3] For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
[4] For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
[5] Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
[6] I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

I really thought you were more mature than this EB. Thatís why I gave you the opportunity to edit your post. But you liked it the way it was.

diakonos 12-07-2021 06:08 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606652)
Yeah. Itís a game alright. Itís more like baseball or basketball where you keep score and see who is winning the ďIím a better Christian than youĒ game.

Whaatt?

Evang.Benincasa 12-07-2021 06:15 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by diakonos (Post 1606653)
Whaatt?

Looks like Tithesmeister allowed religion to clean his clock.

Tithesmeister, will be praying for you buddy.

Tithesmeister 12-07-2021 06:27 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606654)
Looks like Tithesmeister allowed religion to clean his clock.

Tithesmeister, will be praying for you buddy.

Have you ever started a church?

But again, have you ever started a church?

Evang.Benincasa 12-07-2021 06:32 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606652)
I really thought you were more mature than this EB. Thatís why I gave you the opportunity to edit your post. But you liked it the way it was.

Bro, you know the meaning of phraseology? When someone says build a church, it usually doesn't mean they are starting a religion. It can mean one or two things, they are literally building a building. Or they are starting to gather a church family together. Digging out a work doesn't mean we are literally using shovels. Paul didn't literally plant, and Apollos didn't literally water. God didn't literally grow a crop of grain. So, with all that being said how much planting and watering have you done Jimmy? 1 Corinthians 9:1 Paul lets the Greeks know that they were his work in the Lord. But as readers of the word, we don't go off half cocked thinking Paul believed it was done by him alone, and for him alone. Romans 2:16 Paul makes the statement that it was according to his gospel. But as students of the word, we don't assume that Paul meant that it was his creation.

Bro, if I offended you I'm sorry, but you have deep wounds concerning what happened to you through your walk. Allow Jesus to take care of this. People will be tithing, people will not be tithing, and people will not be caring either way, long after you and I are gone. Keep teaching what you teach, but just keep in mind that not all who wander are lost.

Oh, and I have done planting, and watering, and digging. God has given us good increase. Fort Lauderdale, Bogota Colombia, and Mexico. How bout you?

Tithesmeister 12-07-2021 06:38 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606656)
Bro, you know the meaning of phraseology? When someone says build a church, it usually doesn't mean they are starting a religion. It can mean one or two things, they are literally building a building. Or they are starting to gather a church family together. Digging out a work doesn't mean we are literally using shovels. Paul didn't literally plant, and Apollos didn't literally water. God didn't literally grow a crop of grain. So, with all that being said how much planting and watering have you done Jimmy? 1 Corinthians 9:1 Paul lets the Greeks know that they were his work in the Lord. But as readers of the word, we don't go off half cocked thinking Paul believed it was done by him alone, and for him alone. Romans 2:16 Paul makes the statement that it was according to his gospel. But as students of the word, we don't assume that Paul meant that it was his creation.

Bro, if I offended you I'm sorry, but you have deep wounds concerning what happened to you through your walk. Allow Jesus to take care of this. People will be tithing, people will not be tithing, and people will not be caring either way, long after you and I are gone. Keep teaching what you teach, but just keep in mind that not all who wander are lost.

Oh, and I have done planting, and watering, and digging. God has given us good increase. Fort Lauderdale, Bogota Colombia, and Mexico. How bout you?

Iím gonna keep mum brother. Iíd hate to risk it being said that I boasted about what God has done. Iím happy for all that you have done for God.


And I appreciate your prayers.

shag 12-07-2021 07:10 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606616)
I believe Paul used his trade to support his calling. That is my point. If you dig ditches for a living it doesn’t mean you quit being a teacher, preacher, church elder, singer, piano player or witness for Jesus Christ.

Occupations are a way to get to talk to people in a way that otherwise may not be available to you. Most sermons are likely not preached in church buildings. My father sang and worked at the same time and he may well preach or witness if he believed it was appropriate. It doesn’t mean that he didn’t do a good job at both or all four. Does the calling to preach void a man of the ability and talent to drive nails? They are not mutually exclusive.

I do agree that the Bible is not only for the preachers to obey. It is for the church, which includes the preachers.

Aaaand I love you Brother. I sincerely hope you don’t believe otherwise. Because I tell you the truth, not because I DON’T love you, but I tell you the truth and back it with scripture because I do.

Otherwise I wouldn’t bother. Or as Paul the tentmaker would put it . . .

Gal.4

[16] Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?



I believe Paul used both his tent making trade, and also was paid wages from atleast some churches, but not all, based off of this passage.

2 Cor. 12 Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?

8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.


And POSSIBLY Phil. 4:15

Tithesmeister 12-07-2021 07:21 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shag (Post 1606658)
I believe Paul used both his tent making trade, and also was paid wages from atleast some churches, but not all, based off of this passage.

2 Cor. 12 Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?

8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.


And POSSIBLY Phil. 4:15

I agree. The issue is not giving. It is tithing. If they were teaching tithing in the New Testament Church, why was Paul not receiving tithes?

Answer: Paul was a Jew. He was a Benjamite ( not a Levite). He could not receive a tithe by law (and the Christian Jews were still zealously following the law). Jesus was from the tribe of Judah. According to the law, he was not allowed to receive tithes. So the New Testament Jews were still tithing, but they weren’t tithing to the church.

*And they weren’t tithing money.

Evang.Benincasa 12-07-2021 08:08 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shag (Post 1606658)
I believe Paul used both his tent making trade, and also was paid wages from atleast some churches, but not all, based off of this passage.

2 Cor. 12 Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?

8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.


And POSSIBLY Phil. 4:15

That money wasn't provided by Paul to the Greek Judeans in Corinth. It's pretty hard words Paul is using against them. He is actually saying that the other churches provided for him and his crew, so he could be able to travel to the wealthy Corinthian church family. Paul's theme with money and ministerial support concerning Corinth is that they were providing for other ministers, and starving out Paul and his group.

Evang.Benincasa 12-07-2021 08:15 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1606659)
I agree. The issue is not giving. It is tithing. If they were teaching tithing in the New Testament Church, why was Paul not receiving tithes?

Answer: Paul was a Jew. He was a Benjamite ( not a Levite). He could not receive a tithe by law (and the Christian Jews were still zealously following the law). Jesus was from the tribe of Judah. According to the law, he was not allowed to receive tithes. So the New Testament Jews were still tithing, but they weren’t tithing to the church.

*And they weren’t tithing money.

I bet Darrell Brooks doesn't give a dog's hind quarters about it. The media does, the media is so pleased that we are busy with other things to care about. :heeheehee

Why was Paul not receiving tithes? Because the church was communal, and they didn't just give ten percent. They gave it all. :lol


Listen go start another thread.

Tithesmeister 12-07-2021 09:10 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606664)
I bet Darrell Brooks doesn't give a dog's hind quarters about it. The media does, the media is so pleased that we are busy with other things to care about. :heeheehee

Why was Paul not receiving tithes? Because the church was communal, and they didn't just give ten percent. They gave it all. :lol


Listen go start another thread.

I would EB, but Iím having too much fun on this one.

coksiw 12-07-2021 09:35 PM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1606664)
I bet Darrell Brooks doesn't give a dog's hind quarters about it. The media does, the media is so pleased that we are busy with other things to care about. :heeheehee

Why was Paul not receiving tithes? Because the church was communal, and they didn't just give ten percent. They gave it all. :lol


Listen go start another thread.

Rubbish

Evang.Benincasa 12-08-2021 12:40 AM

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by coksiw (Post 1606671)
Rubbish

Proverbs 18:6 the fool's mouth calls for a fat lip. Then they wonder why we end up having a hair pulling contest. :lol


The first century church was communal Acts 2:44.

Acts 4:34-35 There were no needy ones among them, because those who owned lands or houses would sell their property, bring the proceeds from the sales, and lay them at the apostlesí feet for distribution to anyone as he had need.

This set a precedence for how the church was to behave in the first century.

Gatherings were in homes, they shared everything, and pooled all their assets together. Romans 15:26 contributions wasn't what we think of today, but the early church used everything they had to take care of each other. Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each one should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not out of regret or compulsion. For God loves a cheerful giver. these lines in 2nd Corinthians are concerning collections for those who were in need. Paul saying that he robbed other churches so that he could minister in Corinth, was to point out that in their community they lacked nothing. Unlike the Jerusalem commune who were on hard times due to all the upheavals in the city of Jerusalem. No, there was no ten percent of your wage, it was everything you had.

Now, Jerusalem commune knew that their city was doomed. Therefore they took property sold it, and gave everyone as they had need. This was the opposite of what the Prophet Jeremiah did in Jeremiah 32:1-17. deeds were drawn up and placed in a vessel that would last a long time. To show that they would one day return. this doesn't happen in Acts.

Church evolved from what it was then, to what it is today. They didn't have church buildings, they didn't have parsonages, they weren't incorporated, they weren't part of the Roman system of taxation, equivalent to a 501c3. They didn't have to pay light bills, heating bills, water bills for a building that housed no one. They went house to house, some houses were large enough to fill up with a large group of the church family. No just meeting on the Sabbath, but the were together daily. Modern church only meets together 5 hours a week? maybe more? Maybe less? Everyone wants to believe they are doing just like they did it in the first century. But the reality is, they are doing it more like the early Roman church.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.